Greenwich

West Coast

Major thanks to Honeymouns for the acapella, but was able to filter the background vocals at the end of the song perfectly and found out Lana actually says "and your rock and roll". It's pitched way down at the beginning alongside "mic check (something "rock and roll")"

http://picosong.com/w9TM9

0:02 First pitched down "and your rock and roll"

0:19 "Mic check, rock and roll"

0:24 (?) Unsure. "And all the queens and rock and roll?"

0:26 Normal pitch "And your rock and roll"

this is haunting af! it's sooo cool. sounds like a totally different song!

Sounds like my tweet from two days ago. :defeated:  ♥ "Five years later and West Coast is still THAT song!"

It really is THAT song, isn't it? In any variation really, Dan Auerbach's, Rob Orton's, Dan Heath's, Rick Nowels's, every version SLAPS, what a song :legend:

8nl2OpX.png

It really is THAT song, isn't it? In any variation really, Dan Auerbach's, Rob Orton's, Dan Heath's, Rick Nowels's, every version SLAPS, what a song :legend:

Wait, what, I can only remember two versions of it?? :toofunny: The album version and the acoustic one. And that Stint remix on Youtube...

Edit: Omg Heath's remix is so DIFFERENT! :hdu:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Wait, what, I can only remember two versions of it?? :toofunny: And that Stint remix on Youtube...

Dan Auerbach's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxuiw3iMBE

Rob Orton's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SqUUoJjW8

Rick Nowel's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqg73BLoyFU

Dan Heath's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2tUram1qY4

8nl2OpX.png

Thanks, I'm currently checking Heath's out - wow! :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've been extremely obsessed with this song lately. It's so exceptionally well written if you think about it; it's full of verbs of motion (pushing, pulling, swinging, swaying) and sensory words which makes the song very vivid: you can easily picture what's going on.

To me, this song seems to be about the struggle of alcohol abuse and abandoning the alcohol for something else. 

Down on the West Coast they got a sayin'

"If you're not drinkin' then you're not playin'"
But you've got the music, you've got the music in you
Don't you?

She doesn't have to drink, because she's got the music.

Down on the West Coast I get this feeling like

It all could happen that's why I'm leaving
You for the music, you for the music, it's true
It's true

She's leaving the alcohol for the music. 

I push it hard, you pull away, I'm feeling hot and on fire

I'm feelin' like there's no one else
Who makes me higher than higher
Te deseo, cariño, boy, it's you I desire
Your love, your love, your love

Vivid storytelling with the verbs of motion and description of her senses. There's a struggle going on. I think this is where she is literally pushing away the urge to drink and she's having withdrawal symptoms ("feeling hot to the touch"). 

Personifying the alcohol: "You say you'll miss me and I wanna say I miss you so much". (personification of alcohol is also present in Ultraviolence (song) --> "Jim (Beam) brought me back"). 

You pull me close, I push away

I'm feelin' hot to the touch
You say you miss me and I wanna say
"I miss you so much"
But something keeps me really quiet
I'm alive, I'm a lush
Pull me close and you say
"Hush, baby, hush"

Again, verbs of motion (pull, push) which indicate some sort of struggle and a description of how she's feeling "hot to the touch".

These lyrics "Pull me close and you say 'hush, baby, hush'" give me goosebumps, honestly. I'm picturing someone who is trying to get her to do something (drink alcohol) and wants her to be surreptitious about it. As if that person is holding his index finger on his lips, saying "shh". I don't know how else to describe it, lol. 

I'm really starting to appreciate this song again. Haven't listened to West Coast this much as I have done the last three days since its release tbh.

:legend:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

She did that!!!! That is what she did!!

Happy Birthday, West Coast!! You are a fucking masterpiece! Can't believe that this bop is turning 6 years old... and this song is still not topped!! The tempo change....still iconic..she really did that!!

:illumilana2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This is still one of the many peaks of her career. I hope we get a return to this sound on the next album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Major thanks to Honeymouns for the acapella, but was able to filter the background vocals at the end of the song perfectly and found out Lana actually says "and your rock and roll". It's pitched way down at the beginning alongside "mic check (something "rock and roll")"

http://picosong.com/w9TM9

Since Pico is dead, does anyone have a new link with this part filtered so it's easier to hear? Honeymouns posted on IG that the "hidden" lyrics are:

“And your rock and roll

And your rock and roll

Pop song of the summer boy

(And your rock and roll)

All the ways I want your loving boy

(And your rock and roll)

And your rock and roll”

...but I don't hear it.  :ohno:  :( 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I don't think this has been discussed before, but @recklessdaughter and I were chatting ages ago and discussing how there are some similarities between Stevie Nicks' Edge of Seventeen and West Coast.

One of the more obvious examples is that the "ooh, ooh, ooh" and "ooh baby ooh" parts (she starts singing @ approx 30 seconds) sounds very much like "move baby, move baby" in my extremely expert opinion. A possible nod to goddess Stevie?

Anyway, when Reckless has time, she might be along with her insights because she pointed out lots of other interesting stuff.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I don't think this has been discussed before, but @recklessdaughter and I were chatting ages ago and discussing how there are some similarities between Stevie Nicks' Edge of Seventeen and West Coast.

One of the more obvious examples is that the "ooh, ooh, ooh" and "ooh baby ooh" parts (she starts singing @ approx 30 seconds) sounds very much like "move baby, move baby" in my extremely expert opinion. A possible nod to goddess Stevie?

Anyway, when Reckless has time, she might be along with her insights because she pointed out lots of other interesting stuff.

Yeah, now do you've mentioned it I do spot some resemblances.

Anyway, I'd totally kill for Lana to cover Landslide and maybe to throw some shapes a la Stevie too :D

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.