Maxwell

Lana's concert at Comerica Theatre trashed by angry reviewer

What do you think about LDR shows?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How you would describe Lana's shows (besides her vocal ability):

• Amateurish
    • Acceptable, but subpar taking in account her current status (major label, sales)
    • Good, her show needs minor tweaks
    • Great, her shows are perfect just as they are

Thank you again for your feedback.

My take on it is that the reviewer was really angry because he had to wait 1.2 h for the concert to start and he was excessively nasty about it.Anyway, I think that:

You cannot be that late to your concerts, people who are working for their money aren't that forgiving

You cannot “run” from the stage at the final moments taking in account how short your set is

You have to take care of all the participants and not just those from the front rows

You cannot smoke on stage these days, it’s not cool, and you have to be responsible for the impressionable young girls that are screaming in the front rows and idolize you

I don’t think that her more austere stage is her fault. It seems that she doesn't have yet the status and the economic backing to do a more elaborate and in the same time economically viable show. Interscope, after the SNL episode, didn't invested too much in her, they just sat back and waited to see what is happening with her. (Tropico, for example, was made from her on money, I suppose, and I respect her for that, even if Mandler screwed up the whole thing :creep: ).

About her singing and stage presence. She has a great voice, period. I love her primarily because of her voice and songs. But in concerts she seems to lose concentration (I think that this is linked to the whole smoking thing during the concerts, she sad that she cannot think without smoking). I think that a good psychologist can help her focus in the entire concert (in sports, particularly in tennis, this is old practice now). Secondly, she needs to be more prepared to sustain a concert in front of thousands of fans (many of whom are casual fans that aren't necessarily mesmerized by her beauty). Her open mic experience it’s just not good enough for that in my view. She’s not a natural interpreter, she recognized that after SNL, but this is no witchcraft, it can be learned, at least at a certain level. She can hire a talented choreographer who helps her out in interpreting her songs (a concert is more than just singing fine) and organize her overall stage presence (many artists do that and this can be done accordingly with her specific mood and sound). For example, if she would stayed in one place at the SNL show, like she did at the Letterman show afterwards the so called SNL fiasco would never happened.

What disappointed me slightly was that she didn't change anything from her last year’s European tour regarding her show. If she’s aspiring at a higher level in this business she has to do it at some point and I think she is entirely capable of doing it.

Being fair with her she's more confident on stage lately and she received mainly favorable reviews about her recent shows especially at Coachella

NO !

I AM MY ONLY GOD