Bae

Lana Questionnaire

1. How did you discover Lana? When and What Era?

I saw her all over Tumblr and I hated her even though I never listened to her lol. Then I watched the video for Born to Die and I fell in love. So like December 2011.

2. First song(s)?

Born to Die. Then Video Games, probably.

3. What did you think?

When I saw Lana all over Tumblr I kinda thought she was another Marina or something, just another gimmick. But the video for Born to Die was so atmospheric and captivating (as well as the actual song), I couldn't hate her. I could tell she was a real artist, she was different. 

4. Your favourite song(s)?

Kill Kill, Oh Say Can You See, Shades of Cool, Born to Die, Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight, National Anthem, Body Electric (Live), Bel Air

5. Least favourite song(s)?

Million Dollar Man, Dark Paradise, Lucky Ones, Without You, Blue Jeans, American, Yayo (Paradise version), and all of the May Jailer stuff.

6. What song(s) "grew" on you?

Carmen, West Coast, Gods & Monsters, This is What Makes Us Girls, Yayo (Aka version), Radio

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)

So far the Ultraviolence "era" is my fave.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Born to Die. Not the Paradise Edition though.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Paradise didn't really impress me very much. And I hate her May Jailer material.

10. Favourite song preformed live?

This performance of National Anthem

This performance of Body Electric

This performance of Born to Die

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded?

I bought the deluxe vinyl of Born to Die right when it came out :)

12. Favourite song quote/lyric? 

"Life imitates art"

"The voice of Nirvana says come as you are, and I will"

"When he calls , he calls for me and not for you"

And 90% of the Ride monologue lol

I found her through Twitter in December 2011 when little monsters were riding her dick. 
2. First song(s)?
Born to Die
3.what did you think?
First I thought "what is this gospel crap" because of the violins ukno, but as soon as her vocals started, I got chills on my spine. I immediately fell in love.
Born to Die (obviously), Summertime Sadness, National Anthem, Without You, Ride, Hollywood, Daddy Issues, Making Out.........
Off to the Races, Carmen
Million Dollar Man, Lolita
7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)
??? Like album wise or.. I guess Born to Die because it's the one that started everything for me and I have a lot of good memories of those times
8. Favourite Album(s)?
Born to Die
9. Least favourite(s) ?
The May Jailer albums/EPs
Dark Paradise at Glasslands and her MDM and YCBTB performances at Concert Privé
I illegally downloaded Lana Del Rey EP I preordered Born to Die after I was convinced she would be worth it lmao
no

1. How Did You Discover Lana? When & What Era?

my old boss at a coffee shop was trashing her SNL performance and my natural curiosity got the better of me.

2. First Song

Video Games, a couple of months after it's release

3. What did you think?

I thought it was well written and catchy; enough for me to seek out more LDR material. 

4. Your favorite song(s)?

There are so many....."Ride" is tops though. I have a personal connection with it. 

5. Least Favorite Song(s)?

Two come to mind.....Million Dollar Man and the godawful So Legit. 

6. What songs grew on you?

Shades of Cool, Lolita, and most of her unreleased/early work 

7. What's your favorite Lana era?

Lana Del Rey, the current edition

8. What's your favorite album? 

Born To Die

9. Least Favorite?

N/A

10. Favorite Song performed live?

West Coast

11. First Song/album purchased/downloaded?

Born To Die

12. Favorite Lyric/Quote?

"I'm tired of feelin like i'm fucking crazy; i'm tired of driving till i see stars in my eyes" ........one of the greatest song lyrics ever written imho

I discovered her during the pre-Born to Die era hype. I saw that her Video Games EP was #1 on Australian iTunes so I decided to download it in late 2011.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games and Blue Jeans when I downloaded the Video Games EP and then Born to Die and Off to the Races with the Lana Del Rey EP.

3.what did you think?

I fell in love with her voice the first moment I heard it.

- Gods & Monsters, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Cola, Ride, Born to Die, West Coast, Video Games, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness from the official releases and Mermaid Motel, For K Part 2, Bad Disease, Out with a Bang, Put Me in a Movie, Pawn Shop Blues, Next to Me and For K from her Lizzy/May Jailer days.

Burning Desire. It has always sounded like a step in the wrong direction.

Carmen and Lucky Ones had to grow on me a lot, but now I love both.

Definitely Lana's Born to Die / Paradise era. It was when I first discovered her and I have great memories from then... But I think Ultraviolence may surpass it.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

I love Born to Die / Paradise and I also adore Sirens and Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

None

I love her performances of Video Games live, I also love Cola. 

Video Games as a part of the EP.

"Heaven is a place on earth with you"

"In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel"

It must be around late summer/autumn 2011 when video games was blowing up in the german charts. After that I discovered the National Anthem Demo but i became a "real fan" in summer 2012.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games, National Anthem

3.what did you think?

I heard video games before but wasn't really paying attention. So when i heard it that day when i was in the car with my parents and told them to please be quiet because i wanted to listen. i can't remember what i thought. i just fell in love with her voice and the whole song and couldn't believe that something so beautiful could exist :toofunny:

Shades of Cool, Radio, Yayo, Mermaid Motel, On our way

Million Dollar Man, Lolita. sorry

Diet Moutain Dew, Ride, Off to the Races

the era we have now. ultraviolence era?

8. Favourite Album(s)?

I love Born to Die and a.k.a

9. Least favourite(s) ?

I never really liked paradise. I tried it but most of the songs... nah.

Radio at itunes festival!!

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded?

Carmen, haha. it was the song of the week on itunes and i thought "why not"

"you're heavier than heavenly"

"summer's in the air and baby heaven's in your eyes"

ride monologue :creep:

Early 2012. A friend of mine on Twitter was tweeting about Video Games and how much he loved it. And by that point, many ppl started talking about the BTD video so my curiosity grew. I listened to Video Games, was perplexed and wondered "what the hell is this? What am I listening to?" Then I watched the Born to Die video on my own and, again, I was perplexed and asked myself "How is this mu---what is this?" I felt like I'd wasted my time. But a few days after, I found myself back on Youtube again, and for some reason I wanted to listen to VG again, and so I did. Eventually, it grew on me, and I began to think, "Okay, so she isn't that bad... It's just so different, that's all..." And before you know it, I've listened to Blue Jeans, VG, Born to Die over and over and over again. When the album was officially released, I ended up buying it and fell in love with every single song on it. I also fell in love with her exoticness and her voice, her style. I fell in love pretty fast. My friends don't 'get' her, though. But I do now. It took some time for me. I remember when Radio first got stuck in my head, oh my gosh. I'm pretty hooked to her music now. 

2. First song(s)?

Video Games, Born to Die, Blue Jeans.. 

3.what did you think?

At first I thought it was just weird. 

American, Blue Jeans, Born to Die, Summertime Sadness, Gods & Monsters, Young & Beautiful, Ride, Black Beauty, Pawn Shop Blues.... 

Cola, Burning Desire. 

Lolita, Lucky Ones, Diet Mountain Dew

The Lana Del Rey era. 

8. Favourite Album(s)?

I love Born to Die.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

I don't have a least favorite!

I loved that BBC Radio performance special. I loved the performances on there

I think Blue Jeans... I think. 

"I'm crazy but I am free."

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

my brother used to listen video games and I liked it, so I checked her other songs, I don't remember when but it was before the release of the Carmen video

2. First song(s)?

Video Games, Born To Die, Blue Jeans, You Can Be The Boss, Pawn Shop Blues, Serial Killer

3.what did you think?

I thought her music was really cool and she was really pretty

Video Games, Off To The Races, Serial Killer, Pawn Shop Blues, Never Let Me Go, Ride, Cola, Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones, Without You, Last Girl On Earth, Noir, You're Gonna Love Me, Tired Of Singing The Blues, I Don't Wanna Go, Brooklyn Baby, Hollywood, Hollywood's Dead, God's & Monsters, Bel Air, Mermaid Motel, Kill Kill, My Best Days, Burning Desire

( :oic2:  :oic2: )

I think I do like every song  :P

Maha Maha, West Coast, Kill Kill, 

Lana Del Rey ofc :flutter:

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Born To Die and Paradise, I guess Ultraviolence but we'll see

9. Least favourite(s) ?

May Jailer's I guess, but I do like them 

Withouth You, Knockin on Heavens Door, Ultraviolence, Video Games

Born To Die

"I'm in love with a dying man"

"sun and ocean blue, that magnificence, it don't make sense to you"

"hold my in your big arms, drunk and I'm seeing stars"

"they say I'm too young to love you"

"a freshmen generation of degenerate beauty queens"

"god bless the ocean, god bless the universe, god bless you and god bless me"

"you call me lavender, you call me sunshine"

and many more  :P  :P

7wWWNZV.jpg

January 2012, just before BTD was released. I'd been hearing lots about her on Tumblr.

2. First song(s)?

Born to Die

3. What did you think?

I had just added it to my iTunes and it was a part of a playlist so I forgot who I was listening to. And I thought, "Who is this? This is really f*cking good."

Lolita, Cola, Backfire, Summer Wine, TV In Black & White, Behind Closed Doors, Heavy Hitter, Queen of Disaster, Hollywood, Hollywood's Dead, You're Gonna Love Me, For K Pt. 2, Yayo (AKA), and more, I'm sure. 

Daddy Issues, I Was In A Bad Way, Back to tha Basics. 

Live or Die, Hit & Run, Playing Dangerous, Methamphetamines, Coca Cola, Making Out, Moi Je Joue, Put Me In A Movie.

2010-2011, between AKA and BTD. It's a mixed bag, but some of her best is from that time IMO.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

I guess Paradise. Maybe AKA? Tough choice because they're so different.

9. Least favourite(s)?

Sirens, but I still like it. 

Her Lizzy performances, especially Gramma. 

Born to Die (song) and some BTD demos and AKA songs shortly after.

"What did God give me a brain for if he won't let me use it? What did God give me a plan for if he won't let me do it?"
"This is Heaven, what I truly want, is innocence lost."
"I am my only God."

(There's many, I'm sure, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind. I like the spiritual themes.)

I saw a thread about her on these "ukmix" forums back when she had just released Video Games and I watched her homemade video for it. 

2. First song(s)?

I watched Video Games and Diet Mountain Dew, wrote her off, then came back to fall in love with Radio and Carmen (so those were the first songs that hooked me).

3.what did you think?

I was not into it…I thought it was awkward that she filmed her face so much for her videos (now I can't get enough of that). I also thought she was just trying to pander to like, middle-schoolers or teen dudes with "Video Games" and "Diet Mtn Dew" so I discarded her for a long time. Once BTD came out my friends were immediately super into her so it rubbed off on me. I was attracted to her quirky lyrics and wordplay so I downloaded it and fell in love and the obsession grows every day.

I have waves of favorite songs, so in chronological order (divided into sections lol), my favorites are:

BTD:

Carmen, Radio, Blue Jeans, MDM, Without You, Off To The Races

Paradise:

Body Electric, Cola

Ultraviolence:

UV, Sad Girl, Florida Kilos

AKA:

Little Girls, QOTGS, Yayo, Mermaid Motel, Kill Kill, For K Part 2, 

Unreleased:

KOL, Is It Wrong, Spender, DICWB, Serial Killer, Go Go Dancer, Ghetto Baby, Put The Radio On, Afraid, Paris, Puppy Love, Never Let Me Go, Queen of Disaster, Summer Wine, Hollywood's Dead, JFK, Trash, St. Tropez, HDB, YCBTB, TVIB&W, Catch and Release, my current fave: CWYCMA

Sirens/May Jailer hasn't grown on me yet. There's a handful of songs I haven't really listened to or I'll skip a lot. I think I like both This is What Makes Us Girls and Money Power Glory  less than most fans. The only song I can't stand is Guns and Roses.

Blue Jeans really kicked my ass after Carmen and Radio got me into her.

Yayo - I didn't get it at first but it's heavenly

HDB and YCBTB- I thought they were kinda fun joke-y songs like Go Go Dancer, Paris, Puppy Love, but they're actually badass. 

Once I could spit out the lyrics to OTTR it became my favorite from BTD. 

All of AKA grew on me once I got into Mermaid Motel and Trash. 

West Coast too

Late late Lizzy/Early Lana 

(Kinda Outta Luck video)

8. Favourite Album(s)?

BTD it's just classic i love it

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Sirens /From The End sorry

Trash, MDM and YCBTB, OTTR (the first time she performs this omg I used to watch it every day senior year after school), Without You at Amoeba, 

Born to Die Deluxe Edition

A MILLION but some standouts that I can think of right now glancing at my lana songs:

"Is it wrong, wrong that I think it's kind of fun when I hit you in the back of the head with a gun?"

"come on, you know you like little girls"

all the imagistic goodness of OTTR

"he says to be cool but i'm already coolest. I said to get real, don't you know who you're dealing with?"

"you don't get it, you just don't get it - you've already forgotten even though I just said it!"

"you've got your eye-liner, long hair, walkin' round like you don't care, you've got me in the back of your car like a star"

"is she a ride or die bitch? does she make you shiver under your skin?"

all of carmen

"i want my cake and i want to eat it too, i want to have fun and be in love with you"

the blue jeans second verse omg 

i could just sit here and pick out my favorite lines from every song so i'll just stop

-Well I was high one night while listening to pandora and Summertime Sadness came on. I quickly became enamored with the song so I had to look up other songs, the second song was Diet Mountain Dew and I loved it.

But what really made me fall in love with her was when I saw the homemade music video she made for DMD and from there I discovered Hundred Dollar Bill, her singing Yayo, and ugh I just fell in love completely.

This was maybe Feb 2013.

2. First song(s)?

-Summertime Sadness, Diet Mountain Dew, Hundred Dollar Bill, Yayo, Radio

3.what did you think?

-I thought she was just another pop artist with a cute voice and cute lyrics. I didn't anticipate me falling in love with her much less becoming obsessed with her lol

-Carmen, Hundred Dollar Bill, Radio, Off To The Races, Ride, and now Brooklyn Baby

- I would have to say it's Without You and Lucky Ones. *sigh* They kind of just suck. Sorry(not sorry).

-Almost all of them to be honest lol. At first I would say wow boring song... Wait why do I keep replaying them?! I'm a woman possessed.

-I have to say I love them all, all her eras had something unique... But if I had to choose I guess it would be her Lana Del Rey era.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

-Born To Die is perfection. With the exception of Lucky Ones and Without You. Let me reiterate lol

9. Least favourite(s) ?

-Probably Sirens. I just can't seem to get into it.

-Ride for sure.

-Born To Die

-

*now my life is sweet like cinnamon

*my pussy tastes like Pepsi cola

*nothings more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill (twenty of them wrapped up tight in silk)<3

*he doesn't mind I have a flat broke down life infact he says he thinks it what he might like about me

*She laughs like god, her mind is like a diamond

*All of Ride

*gods dead I said baby that's alright with me

Gosh there is too many

tumblr_m2x8eqKxlU1rovgbro1_500.gif

In November 2011 they talked about Lana on the radio and played Video Games, I liked it so I looked her up on iTunes and thought she was beautiful - and downloaded the Video Games single.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games and Blue Jeans.

3.what did you think?

At first that the songs are beautiful but a bit boring, the boring thing disappeared soon and I went to buy BTD on the first day it was available.

Blue Jeans is probably my all time favorite because it has a lot of meaning to me.

Off To The Races, National Anthem (album and demo version), Yayo, Raise Me Up, Cruel World, Old Money/Methamphetamines, Florida Kilos, Summer Of Sam, St. Tropez, Serial Killer, She's Not Me, Miss America/Trash Magic, Noir, Teenage Wasteland, Pawn Shop Blues, Kinda Outta Luck, CWYCMA, Brite Lites, Velvet Crowbar, TIWMUG (demo), Ride, Goodbye Kiss, Aviation, .. (okay I think that's enough)

Dark Paradise (album version, I like the demo), Maha Maha, Big Bad Wolf, Summertime Sadness (it's not that I don't like it, just think it's one of the worse songs on BTD)

Radio, Without You, Shades Of Cool, Is It Wrong, West Coast, Last Girl On Earth, Gods & Monsters

Lana Del Rey I think.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Born To Die and Ultraviolence.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Umm.

Everything she performed in Frankfurt and Heart Shaped Box, still sad she didn't perform it in Frankfurt.

Blue Jeans Live at the Premises.

Video Games/Blue Jeans

"I am my only god"

"In the name of higher consciousness, I let the best man I knew go"

"You look even more handsome than you did the day that I left you"

"Even my best days without you were nothing in comparison to my worst days once I had found you"

"Sometimes I get lonely, millions can't hold me now"

"I am sleeping with your best friend - how do you like me now?"

"Me and my momma, we don't get along."

"He hit me and it felt like a kiss" (I even got a tattoo of that)

"And you salute me Miss America because I am."

"Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds? - Yes, also a gun"

"It's fine if you're hateful as long as all in all you remain grateful."

All of Blue Jeans, OTTR and National Anthem.

I probably forgot a lot of quotes I love but there are just so many, I love all of her lyrics.

- It was August 2011. Before she released BTD.

2. First song(s)?

- Video games, naturally.

3. What did you think?

- No strong opinion at first. I thought she was pretty, and VG was a pretty song, and the music video was pretty as well. I wasn't quite sure about her authenticity because she seemed to be putting on a facade in all her interviews and her fake accent was just annoying. I also thought she was quite boring.

- I love the A.K.A. version of Yayo. I also love Sad Girl so much. Old Money is awesome as well. I really don't know. Raise Me Up, Serial Killer, Summer of Sam, Delicious. Pin Up Galore, Pawn Shop Blues, For K Part 2. Trash Magic, of course.

- I can't think of any right now that I really dislike.

- Ride, definitely. Bel Air. Carmen.

- Lizzy Grant without a doubt.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

- Ultraviolence

- Lana Del Ray

- Sirens

- Born To Die

- Paradise

9. Least favourite(s) ?

- (Above question^^)

- Ultraviolence probably.

- I think I bought Video Games and then each song after that until I had the whole album lol.

- Can't choose :(

Well, to a small number of my friends, Lana is actually a nickname (though pronounced differently) of mine, its only a few letters from my actual name. One of my friends who is big into indie/newer music messaged me on Facebook and said something about a singer who "stole" my name. I looked Lana up and found the Born to Die video. I watched it/listened in bits and pieces because I was busy on the Internet and just didn't feel like giving it my whole attention. I kept seeing bits of it though and it really interested me, and several broken plays later I finally sat down and watched the whole thing through. It was February 19th, 2012 (don't judge, I like dates and knowing little things like this D:). She has been my favorite singer probably since the day I first listened to her. 

2. First song(s)?

Born to Die, then Blue Jeans, then Video Games. That was my power trio for a while. 

3.what did you think?

I thought it was really weird but her voice was so hypnotic. It wasn't until I got to the Blue Jeans video (the original one at the time) that I even realized that Lana was both of the girls in the Born to Die video. She looked so strange in that video when that's the first time you've ever seen her (and you are only half paying attention). But she was so beautiful in the Blue Jeans video. Video Games was perfect too.

I have too many to list! And I already did this on another thread. :P

From her released stuff - American, Lolita, Dark Paradise

All of the Paradise album except Ride (oddly my least favorite on that album now minus American), some of the others. Her songs kind of grow and fade on me with time, its a cycle. 

Ooh its hard to say. I'd say maybe Lizzy Grant and the current Ultraviolence era. 

8. Favourite Album(s)?

LDR aka LG, Ultraviolence, Paradise

9. Least favourite(s) ?

I'd say Sirens. 

This version of Born to Die

Her recent live performance of Old Money

All of her performance in Atlanta this past May because I finally got to see her live :D

Well I had all of her songs I could get a hold of for a year illegally, I admit. I finally bought Born to Die in really late 2012, then Paradise shortly after. Only because I wanted to hang them on my dorm wall. :P Now I've bought like every version of every album there is to buy so I feel better about that first year haha.

First of all, my signature, even though I cannot seem to find where she has actually said this. I love it so much I've considered getting it as my first tattoo, but its a little problematic when you aren't 100% sure she even said it lol.

Lyrics

"Hello heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights on a dark night"

"Baby you'll never grow old in my eyes, with your golden grill true love never dies, we're forever young in paradise"

All of AFFA because I love the descriptions of nature

"Used to talk about where we'd be and where we'd go, now we know, baby now we know"

"Didn't anyone ever tell you its okay to shine?"

"Hot summer nights, mid July, when you and I were forever wild", "You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip-hop, but you fit me better than my favorite sweater" and "You open up a beer, say get over here and play a video game" because they remind me so much of my boyfriend. We met/fell in love in the summer (and Gatsby was the first movie we saw together actually), and for the second two we sometimes drink alcohol, play games, and listen to punk rock at night haha. Its like prophecy because I loved Lana way before I met him, so it kind of brings me to my next favorite line...

"Life imitates art"

Gosh her and her music have been such a journey, thinking back on it. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Facebook. It was in august/september 2011 so "the Video Games era". But I became a fan in june 2012.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games, Born to Die and then Money Hunny, Carmen, Million Dollar Man...

3.what did you think?

I was very impressed tbh. I was like "oh my god what the hell i'm listening to?! it's AMAZING"

I think West Coast, Gods and Monsters, Money Hunny, Blue Jeans...

Diet Mountain Dew, Lucky Ones, American.

Hmmm... Bel Air.

LDR

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Ultraviolence

9. Least favourite(s) ?

She hasn't released a big amount of albums so I don't know what to say.

Million Dollar Man, Body Electric (2012- that suicidal version is just omg), and more

Born to Die

GODS AND MONSTERS without a doubt

Through a top 40's CD sometime in October 2011
2. First song(s)?
Video Games
3. What did you think?
Great... thought she was a bit depressing though
AKA: Kill Kill, Gramma, Jump, Mermaid Motel, Pawn Shop Blues, Brite Lites, Yayo
BTD: Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, Diet Mtn Dew (album version & all 3 demos), National Anthem (demo), Dark Paradise, Carmen, Summertime Sadness, Lolita (demo)
Paradise: Cola, Body Electric, Blue Velvet, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air, Yayo, Burning Desire
UV: Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Money Power Glory, Fucked My Way Up to the Top, Old Money, Black Beauty, Florida Kilos
Unreleased: Afraid, Because of You, Breaking My Heart, Children of the Bad Revolution, Criminals Run the World, Daytona Meth, Every Man Gets His Wish, Hit and Run, Hundred Dollar Bill, Is It Wrong?, Jealous Girl, Kinda Outta Luck, Lift Your Eyes, Maha Maha (alt version), Making Out (alt version), Match Made in Heaven, Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight, Noir, Paradise, Queen of Disaster, Scarface, Serial Killer, St. Tropez, Trash Magic, TV in Black & White
Queen of the Gas Station, Born to Die, National Anthem, Million Dollar Man, Lolita, Ride, American, Sad Girl, The Other Woman, Guns & Roses
Off to the Races, Dark Paradise, Daytona Meth, Kinda Outta Luck, Lift Your Eyes, Noir
Lizzy Grant
8. Favourite Album(s)?
AKA, BTD, UV
9. Least favourite(s)?
Sirens
10. Favourite song performed live?
Off to the Races, Born to Die, Lolita, National Anthem
Video Games
"Likes to watch me in the glass room bathroom, Chateau Marmont, slippin' on my red dress, puttin' on my makeup" - Off to the Races

"You've got your eyeliner, long hair, walkin' round like you don't care, got me in the back of your car like a star" - Is It Wrong?

"Walking is an art, so is my body" - Noir
"Baby I'm a sociopath, sweet serial killer, on the warpath 'cause I love you just a little too much" - Serial Killer

"My boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me" - Brooklyn Baby

"I'll be taking drugs, doing shots, making out in parking lots with every little boy I spot" - Making Out

"All our love's flying in the sand" - Kill Kill

"I didn't know it would come to this but, that's what happens when you're on your own, and you're alright with letting nice things go" - Pawn Shop Blues

Too tired to write any more lol

Last summer, BTD.

2. First song(s)?

Born To Die, Video Games.

3. What did you think?

I thought her voice was very different, and as I started looking up her other videos. I loved her music and home-made videos so much.

Methamphetamines/Old Money, Gramma, Queen of the Gas Station, National Anthem, Yayo.

Brite Lites, Sad Girl. Some of her covers like Blue Velvet and The Other Woman. Stylistically, they're okay, but I don't really like what she did with them. Eh.

Florida Kilos, Shades of Cool

Lizzy!

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Paradise EP, AKA

9. Least favourite(s)?

Sirens. But only because I listen to it the least. It's still great.

Without You, Yayo.

Bought Born To Die and Paradise both for myself for Christmas, then downloaded everything else because.. yeah.

"I don't really wanna know what's good for me." - Gods & Monsters

Hearing video games on the radio and seeing born to die on mtv made me curious and I got deep. Late 2011-early 2012

2. First song(s)?

Video games, born to die, blue Jeans

3.what did you think?

I was intrigued

Yayo 2010 & Video games.

Summertime sadness and dark paradise are her two worst songs and the only songs by her I can't bare listening to

I actually HATED national anthem at first listen. A few months after I listened again and became obsessed. It's in her top 5 for me

Lana del Rey seems to bring out the strong side of her

8. Favourite Album(s)?

LDRAKALG

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Paradise. It's a very weak album for me, boring production and so

MDM

Video Games (Club clique Remix) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am my only god

I heard Summertime Sadness and Born to Die just after Paradise had come out then went back and got addicted to all of her music.

2. First song(s)?
Summertime Sadness, Born to Die, Young & Beautiful

3. What did you think?
At first I actually didn't like her music but after hearing a few of her songs a few times I fell in love pretty quickly!

Blue Jeans, West Coast, Shades of Cool, Million Dollar Man, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air (not doing unreleased or I'll be here 100 years, since so many are so good!)

Diet Mountain Dew & Flipside

I didn't like West Coast at all on first listen but now it's my all-time favourite song by any artist. Can't really think of any other songs by Lana I hated at first.

Lana Del Rey. That era has the most cinematic sound, which I love.

8. Favourite Album(s)?
Ultraviolence is my favourite, although I listen to Born to Die a LOT as well. But they're all amazing!

9. Least favourite(s)?
AKA is my least favourite, but if that doesn't count, then Paradise (it's a beautiful album but it's not very cohesive sonically and tracks like Cola, Blue Velvet and Body Electric are some of Lana's worst materials in my opinion).

10. Favourite songs preformed live?
Million Dollar Man, Shades of Cool, Ride (she always does these REALLY well!)

Born to Die - The Paradise Edition

12. Favourite song quotes/lyrics? 
"There's no remedy for memory; you're face is like a melody, it won't leave my head."
"I still remember that day we met in December."
The National Anthem bridge
All of the West Coast lyrics
There's heaps of memorable lyrics in Off to the Races I love as well.

I first heard her on American Idol in 2012 but I started being a fan in late 2013
2. First song(s)?
Video Games was the first song I heard but Carmen was the first song I liked
3. What did you think?
I really liked her but I found her really boring
St Tropez
Methamphetamines
True Love On The Side
Yayo
Velvet Crowbar
The Man I Love
Ride and Flipside
Yayo, I hated it and thought it was the most boring thing in the world but I eventually fell in love with it 
The late Lizzy Grant / early Lana Del Rey eras
8. Favourite Album(s)?
I prefer unreleased/demos over the albums but my favorite would have to be Paradise
9. Least favourite(s)?
Sirens, I just can't get into it at all
10. Favourite songs preformed live?
Yayo and Off To The Races
Radio
12. Favourite song quotes/lyrics? 
Methamphetamines, pink flamingo
Blue 50's queen, blue oyster globe
For then a dream, 
Why don't we go, to Coney Island

C7EJSFg.gif

Right before the Great Gatsby came out. I heard Young And Beautiful and was hooked.

2. First song(s)? Young And Beautiful, then I bought the BTD/P album.

3.what did you think? I fell in love with her music so fast it left me breathless!

I have SO many, but the one that I always come back to is Born To Die. Ultraviolence, Yayo, Tired Of Singing The Blues, and Young And Beautiful are close, though. 

5. Least favourite song(s)

Video Games is the one I always skip. 

Gods and Monsters, Cola, Guns And Roses

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now?

Lana Del Rey

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Totally depends on my mood!

9. Least favourite(s) 

None

Born To Die (and Carmen at the Jazz Cafe)

Bought Born To Die Paradise Edition

So many! One that I frequently turn to, though, is simply "sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough, I don't know why."