Sign in to follow this  
Arthur

Lana to work with Giorgio Moroder after Ultraviolence

"I’ve started working with Kelis; she was great, and she’s coming back to finish the arrangement, probably this week. I’m working with Lana Del Rey as soon as she’s done with her album. Wonderful lady… a little crazy."

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/30/giorgio-moroder-dance-music-legend-on-remixing-coldplay-s-midnight-and-crazy-lana-del-rey.html

Marilyn Manson?

skip to ~0:44

btw. notice how he's just about to say something about it then gets interrupted. he's like "and the footage is s--"  :defeated:

EQFO7rX.png

Just noticed she mentioned him in her Les Inrocks interview in 2012. Felt like it belonged in here:

Do you always think about the chords when you’re composing?
They are fundamental to me, I hear them in my head while I’m writing.
Chords and voice: that’s where I start. I listen to a lot of movies’ soundtracks, it’s in my DNA, like those of Giorgio Moroder or Thomas Newman…
Miraculously, even if I’m not a big musician, I always seem to acquire from my team what I had in mind. I explain everything in the smallest details and they understand the ambiance, the mood, the color that I’m searching for.
In Bel Air, I wanted the sound of children’s laughter in the park, but also rain: it symbolized the end of summer, the death of love, the collision of two worlds…
I adore the studio, that’s where I’m most meticulous and joyful. I would have loved to know more about the techniques because I rely on a sound engineer that frisks around with all these mysterious buttons.
Being independent in the middle of the night would be great. But I would miss team work.

http://www.wired.it/play/musica/2014/05/18/moroder-wired-next-fest/

its an interview he did in italian, but if you translate the text it will say something like:

And in the future? "Soon I'll do a piece with Lana Del Rey, talented, very kind. Then there is R. Kelly, Leona Lewis. In six months I will have a disc: Giorgio Moroder feat ... the people. "

EQFO7rX.png