Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Money, Power, and Glory"

I want this album to make me cry one minute and then the next I wanna be singing about money and sex im so exciteedd. I thought hip-hop lana was gone

I'm excited that we definitely won't be getting an album full of 'Paradise' style songs, that sound was pretty but it gets dull after a while, I'm all for some variety!

WC is certainly not like Paradise lol

WC is certainly not like Paradise lol

I know, it have me hope, but it's not until hearing about a hip hop beats song AND the sound of WC that I stopped worrying about the album being too similar to the Paradise sound I guess?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I know, it have me hope, but it's not until hearing about a hip hop beats song AND the sound of WC that I stopped worrying about the album being too similar to the Paradise sound I guess?

well yeah, but i think dan auerbach will make a big difference on this album 

Ugh, I was really excited about a psychedelic rock-esque album. I'm pretty wary of hip-hop beats and a potential cluster-fuck of genres. Diversity in an album is great, but you still want it to maintain a coherent theme in sound, and WC and Dan as a producer made it seem like her sound had matured. 

However, the lyrics sound intriguing.

Guest Dot

I'm excited that we definitely won't be getting an album full of 'Paradise' style songs, that sound was pretty but it gets dull after a while, I'm all for some variety!

Don't get your hopes up on something you don't know yet. You'll end up getting really disappointed if it turns out different. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about...I've been through that many times already and I can assure you that it wasn't a good experience for me. :crai:

We know for sure that she worked a lot with Rick Nowels and Dan Heath on this album. They're basically responsible for the "dull" sound of Paradise, so there's a great chance that we'll get that sound on most of the tracks, again.

National Anthem? Live or Die?

Guys let's not go too far. I'm sure it'll still be dark. Especially considering she now has some perspective on the song topic, which she lacked in National Anthem (hence the heightened glamourrrrrr)

Like @@Rafael said: She's more "opulence is the end" nowadays than "buy me lotsa diamonds"

Another part of the interview says "The hip-hop beats of Born to Die, its strings and legendary violins are gone...Guitars, rock-and-roll and soft jazzy vibes - Ultraviolence is here." Are we sure of the context of that bit about "Money, Power, and Glory?" The first sentence could have been addressing the shift from hip-hop beats to a rock sound.

Edit: the passage says that MPG illustrates the "virage" which translate to "turn." I think it's saying that the song is an example of the shift from BTD's hip-hop beats, and the rhythmic music that American radios love, to the new rock sound.