Sitar

New 'Ultraviolence' Song Title: "Money, Power, and Glory"

You can blame Lana.

Where at the release dates?

The music videos?

The snippets?

We are going crazy thats why this forum is a mess tbh.

You are definitely right... Damn, I'd hate this bitch if I could  :defeated:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Power Money & Glory sounds like something Lorde will criticize after she downloads the album's leak :oprah3:

:lmao: so true. After all is not feminist enough and poor girls from New Zealand don't have access to it because they are not "Royals" 

You can blame Lana.

Where at the release dates?

The music videos?

The snippets?

We are going crazy thats why this forum is a mess tbh.

tina-knowles-head-shot.jpg

OMG this picture is amazing and terrifying. WHo is this flawless drag?

glgcDdT.gif

Well I guess Lana was right when she said UV was unlistenable. If everything on the album is as horibbly produced as WC then it's definitely unlistenable for me. I'm praying there will be some diversity so I can enjoy at least a little bit of the album.

:creep: you can't repeat the past

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

Personally, I love West Coast. I think that the production (instrumental) is fantastic.

The only problem is her vocal for me. Dan Auerbach used the exact same effect on his record for Lana's and it doesn't work IMO.

The slight radio effect coupled with the rather louder instrumentals overshadow Lana's voice. Her vocals are muffled. On his record, Dan sings in a high voice sometimes borderline screaming. Lana voice is very restrained, composed, soft. It doesn't work. Oddly enough on WC, Lana uses her "high" voice as well which she rarely use on previous albums.

On Once Upon A Dream, Dan Heath uses that radio effect as well but it works Flawlessly. The production never interfere with her voice. She also sing very deep similar to Born To Die, Video Game etc.

Born To Die despite the strings, the heavy beats, the guy screaming in the background.

As soon as Lana voice comes in "feet don't fail me now" her voice demands attention.

"Kiss Me Hard Before You Go"

"All My Friends Tell Me, I Should Move On"

"I've Been Out On That Open Road"

"I've Seen The World, Done It All, Had My Cake Now"

Her voice always stand out above the instrumental.

Her voice has been the main attention in EVERY song so far until "West Coast" IMO.

One of the most memorable parts of WC is from 0:00 to 0:17 which is all instrumental and that sound repeated throughout the song. The "Wong Wong Wong" and the guitars and drums.

The little instrumental before the tempo change which sounds like The Beatles "I love her" is also memorable. And of course, the high pitch noise at the end.

Don't get me wrong her voice is seductive and very sexy on the song but it doesn't stand out at all to me. It just there.

I'm going to pray that all the 9 songs he produced do not have that effect on her voice. (Which is unlikely but pray regardless)

Honesty, I really need super clean and Lean vocals from Lana again.

I know for a fact they is using dat effect on her voice to make it seems more "raw" more "real" more "rigid" sounding

But plz I don't need daT.

Personally, I love West Coast. I think that the production (instrumental) is fantastic.

The only problem is her vocal for me. Dan Auerbach used the exact same effect on his record for Lana's and it doesn't work IMO.

The slight radio effect coupled with the rather louder instrumentals overshadow Lana's voice. Her vocals are muffled. On his record, Dan sings in a high voice sometimes borderline screaming. Lana voice is very restrained, composed, soft. It doesn't work. Oddly enough on WC, Lana uses her "high" voice as well which she rarely use on previous albums.

On Once Upon A Dream, Dan Heath uses that radio effect as well but it works Flawlessly. The production never interfere with her voice. She also sing very deep similar to Born To Die, Video Game etc.

Born To Die despite the strings, the heavy beats, the guy screaming in the background.

As soon as Lana voice comes in "feet don't fail me now" her voice demands attention.

Her voice has been the main attention in EVERY song so far until "West Coast" IMO.

One of the most memorable parts of WC is from 0:00 to 0:17 which is all instrumental and that sound repeated throughout the song. The "Wong Wong Wong" and the guitars and drums.

The little instrumental before the tempo change which sounds like The Beatles "I love her" is also memorable. And of course, the high pitch noise at the end.

Don't get me wrong her voice is seductive and very sexy on the song but it doesn't stand out at all to me. It just there.

I'm going to pray that all the 9 songs he produced do not have that effect on her voice. (Which is unlikely but pray regardless)

I know for a fact they is using dat effect on her voice to make it seems more "raw" more "real" more "rigid" sounding

honey are you not getting the hint 

ZRBNill.jpg

Please use paragraphs.

Consider this an official warning from a moderator.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Guest Dot

Basically what I was saying this whole entire time, but without as many examples. The problem with west Coast is the MASTERING. Her vocals are muffled and too quiet and the instrumental is too loud and overpowering. Only problem I have with the song, seriously, but it's a really bad problem that ruins it all for me.

I think the influx of newbies is partially why things have been so messy lately, nothing against y'all but I feel like you guys need to read up on the rules before posting :)

....In regards to UV, although I'm quite happy with the production of West Coast, I do hope there is some variety in both vocal expression and production :cuteface:  

Dear Lamb,

I get what you are saying but I disagree since her vocals sound pretty clear to me. Maybe your ears are a little rusty after all those years listening to Maruah screaming LOL

Please use paragraphs.

you do love to use that red pen of yours don't yah?? Oh when I got a warning point for arguing with HDB and using red to address you. Fun times.

Do you put a red party dress on your little goat and take her for a walk in the mall? If not please do it

glgcDdT.gif

Dear Lamb,

I get what you are saying but I disagree since her vocals sound pretty clear to me. Maybe your ears are a little rusty after all those years listening to Maruah screaming LOL

you do love to use that red pen of yours don't yah?? Oh when I got a warning point for arguing with HDB and using red to address you. Fun times.

Do you put a red party dress on your little goat and take her for a walk in the mall? If not please do it

It pretty clearly Lana doesn't have a powerful voice, she always uses her soft voice. And Mariah doesn't scream, it may seem like it to you because of your ignorance, but Mariah has been trained since she was a child by her mother who is an opera singer. Most of the time she sings with good technique, but she has problems in her vocals chords that's why it sounds so rough.

Please use paragraphs.

Bla, Bla, Bla. Shut the fuck up. That's better.

Please use paragraphs.

I agree because "Me, I am Satana Mariah" is making scrolling take ages, this is a message boards, not a double spaced essay 

Guest Dot

It pretty clearly Lana doesn't have a powerful voice, she always uses her soft voice. And Mariah doesn't scream, it may seem like it to you because of your ignorance, but Mariah has been trained since she was a child by her mother who is an opera singer. Most of the time she sings with good technique, but she has problems in her vocals chords that's why it sounds so rough.

tumblr_moowllT2PI1qf7vx5o3_400.gif

You know you can't just talk to our mods like that...

I know you're new and all that but that's really not how people usually treat each other on LanaBoards. Please read the rules.

That's what makes it hypnotic and dreamy

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

tumblr_moowllT2PI1qf7vx5o3_400.gif

You know you can't just talk to our mods like that...

I know you're new and all that but that's really not how people usually teat each other on LanaBoards. Please read the rules.

I'll calm now lol sorry 

OMFG you are so amazing!! :usrs:

OMFG you are so funny and intelligent   :usrs:

I bet you have a small dick as a side dish to the main course that's your brain! :hooker:

You little fuck, it's time someone put your sorry ass in the kitchen

Your blá blá blá argument contradicts itself. So she doesn't scream because her mother, an opera singer trained her, yet she sings most of the times with technique and when she screams it's not her fault because she has problems in her vocal cords?? In the end, resuming she screams with technique trained by an opera singer and has vocal cords problems. :teehee:

Fuck she calls her fans Lambs for a reason. Sheep is also available you guy's should recon that as well

glgcDdT.gif

"im 44" :eartha:

I do know that I'm not contributing anything relevant, so please don't condemn me, but I'm really worried that if people don't stop carrying these ridiculous arguments from thread to thread, then they'll all be locked soon enough. That's why I've been refraining from posting, but please, control yourselves.