Catholic Boys

Cut it Out

Junk/G#

No

Trash Bag Crown/Christina (demo)/Apples & Cigs/We Did it Anyway/Baby Come Home

Ugh I love so many...

I don't really dig the LAS EP maybe I've just neglected it

I think their earlier stuff tends toward dreamy 80s synth pop, while the LAS EP tends toward screechy 80s synth rock :/ it's like someone told them "hey Japanese Eyes was well received; go make more like that" When IMO it's the words and not the music per se of JE that makes the song.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Catholic Boys

Cut it Out

Junk/G#

No

Trash Bag Crown/Christina (demo)/Apples & Cigs/We Did it Anyway/Baby Come Home

Ugh I love so many...

I think their earlier stuff tends toward dreamy 80s synth pop, while the LAS EP tends toward screechy 80s synth rock :/ it's like someone told them "hey Japanese Eyes was well received; go make more like that" When IMO it's the words and not the music per se of JE that makes the song.

Idk if I agree. The Cut it Out EP (and especially Sunday School) weren't really dreamy synthpop, they always had a lot of static and guitar. Like a Stranger is more 80s but I wouldn't say it has less synth pop or a harder sound. I almost think it's MORE synthy. I'll be You're girl and like a Stranger are very synth pop. And I don't think they are screechy.

I can't really pick favorites yet. I know that CIO & LAS EPs are kinda equal at the moment (both having songs I love and both having some I'm not all the way into yet), and SS EP is not really clicking much so far. Unreleased stuff is alright, but so far none better than the stuff on EPs. The MXTP is fine but not really my style, and "Why I Wait" slays. Ugh.

I'll come back with more gathered thoughts after a bit more time.

H0bDaqU.gif

Anyone notice the track times are on iTunes now? :excited: Kill the Light / Apples and Cigarettes are both different times from their originals. I'm NOT ready for a synthpop version of KTL, I hope it isn't ruined.

Chloe was really rude and dismissive to my friend and her sister when they met her, idk how I feel about that.

That's so weird because when I met her after her show in Boston opening for Charli she was SOOO sweet. Charli didn't even come out. Chloe was talking to everybody as long as they wanted and actually had a conversation with me. She seemed more excited to talk to me than I did lol.

And @@SitarHero I do love the original KTL, but a new version can't hurt... I will still have the old one.

Chloe was really rude and dismissive to my friend and her sister when they met her, idk how I feel about that.

Maybe your friend was a bitch because Chloe was sweet as can be to me :wtfney:

@@SitarHero Omg are you crazy?! I'm SO happy to hear that "Kill The Light" might be re-done :excited:

No I'm excited, I just want it to stand up to the original, which is p sentimental to me. I love that it'll be a cohesive sound and not randomly organic in the last two songs.

Maybe your friend was a bitch because Chloe was sweet as can be to me :wtfney:

No I'm excited, I just want it to stand up to the original, which is p sentimental to me. I love that it'll be a cohesive sound and not randomly organic in the last two songs.

My friend loves Kitten to death and Chloe seemed disinterested with talking to her at all. :wtfney:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

OMFG THE ALBUM IS OUT WTF ITS OUT I THOUGHT WE HAD A FEW MORE DAYS ITS STREAMING NOW JESUS

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/exclusive-stream-kittens-new-self-titled-album/

Sensible is too distorted for me and Sex Drive is meh, but omfg Cathedral. TAKE ME TO CHURCH CHLOE  :worship:

wait... WHat is she singing about... "I'd like to be your cathedral, to feel all the people sweating inside me"  :hdu: