Trash Magic

Nelly Furtado

Nelly+Furtado+Nick+Spanos+Photoshoot.png\

Nelly Furtado single handedly changed the face of popular music forever when she released the greatest song of the past decade "Say It Right". With the release of her painfully fresh, original and nostalgic debut "Whoa, Nelly!" (2000) and "Folklore" (2003) she defined herself as one of the greatest artists to ever grace the earth. In 2006 she released the generation defining "Loose". Followed by 2012's The Spirit Unsuccessful. She's currently working on new music.

Favourites are Turn Off The Light, Picture Perfect, Try, Hey Man, Powerless, Say It Right, No Regrets

Came across these really cool underground version music videos

Unreleased tracks:

I Am

All Good Things (with Chris Martin) (Demo)

Red Balloons

No Regrets

(leaked from Rick Nowels' site the same as Black Beauty etc.)

Girlfriend In The City (Demo)

Free (Night Is Young Demo)

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Bless this thread. I have a few more unreleased tracks, I Am and All Good Things (Demo). I recently read a topic about the Loose era from 2006, and apparently most of the demos leaked before Loose was released (Lana 2.0). I wish they'd still be out there..

Bless this thread. I have a few more unreleased tracks, I Am and All Good Things (Demo). I recently read a topic about the Loose era from 2006, and apparently most of the demos leaked before Loose was released (Lana 2.0). I wish they'd still be out there..

so unreleased songs were on the internet before Loose but now they can't be found? :( Are there any titles at least?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

so unreleased songs were on the internet before Loose but now they can't be found? :( Are there any titles at least?

Well at least demos for Maneater, Promiscuous and No Hay Igual leaked months before the release of Loose iirc  :toofunny: . It's a really long thread so I haven't been able to see if there are any unreleased tracks yet :(

And yeah there are a few titles; Hands in the Air (English version of Manos al Aire), Weak, Go, Chill Boy, Pretty Boy, For Sure, Heaven Baby, Everyday, Special To You, Get Away and AGT (CTAE) feat. Chris Martin

Nelly is god tbh. I used to listen to her a lot she was hugeeee here. I still hear to a couple of her songs very often like Say it Right, Força, All Good Things, Promiscuous, Turn Off The Light, Maneater and a couple more I cant remember.

Força  was also a huge hit and Nelly's album in Spanish (single "Manos al Aire) made her the first North American artist to ever top the Latin Bilboard Charts with a song in Spanish.  LegenNelly needs to return to us.

glgcDdT.gif

It's so shocking that from being that huge, and really releasing good music, her latest album opened with only 10K sales.

It would be great if she made a huge comeback and she was big again, I love her sound.

Listening to Say it right rn it's still fresh

I love her to death. Her last album was underwhelming and I was disappointed that the low sales made it impossible for her to tour worldwide. I still listen to Whoa, Nelly!, Folklore and Mi Plan every now and then, so she isn't forgotten in my book nor will she ever be. I do hope she releases an album similar to her first two. As much as I loved Loose and played it to death, there wasn't much there for me besides the singles. I also think that her video for Maneater is her best, which coincidentally is also directed by Mandler.

My girl back in the day! "All Good Things (Come To An End)" will always be my favorite song by her, but she has some other gems as well. I sometimes catch myself listening to songs such as "Say It Right", "Turn Off The Light", "Powerless", "Promiscuous", "Maneater" and of course "I'm Like A Bird". I also remember loving the video for "Forca". Does anyone remember that one haha? Haven't been keeping up with her ever since "Broken Strings" got released and that was like... 6 years ago, damn :eek:

EQFO7rX.png

I love Loose :grinds: I only have a handful of her songs from other albums though. Nelly was some of the only good music I listened to in middle school tbh

2dt29zc.jpg

How exciting she has been doing things again. New album The Ride is out march 2017!

http://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/nelly-furtado-on-her-musical-evolution-and-working-with-dev-hynes?utm_source=idtwitter

https://soundcloud.com/nellyfurtadoofficial/islands-of-me

and Behind Your Back is on spotify. I love that one it has a whoa, nelly! vibe  :defeated:

Islands of me is meh but Behind Your Bag goes in a better direction.

Sadly i'm not really sure if she's still abled to create a good album since tsi was disappointing and the whole production and execution felt so poor and cheap. she would need to find some really good team or producer to do some banger tracks with again (and not banger tracks as in loose style but tracks that are like good lmao).

oh and also i've been a fan since i was like 11 lmao so i was really paying attention to her from 2007-2010ish and she needs to lose weight bc everytime she gains weight her voice changes and she gets a really unpleasing nasal undertone.

i76mrxw.png 

Islands of me is meh but Behind Your Bag goes in a better direction.

Sadly i'm not really sure if she's still abled to create a good album since tsi was disappointing and the whole production and execution felt so poor and cheap. she would need to find some really good team or producer to do some banger tracks with again (and not banger tracks as in loose style but tracks that are like good lmao).

oh and also i've been a fan since i was like 11 lmao so i was really paying attention to her from 2007-2010ish and she needs to lose weight bc everytime she gains weight her voice changes and she gets a really unpleasing nasal undertone.

Omg

Also, why doesn't she go back to Timbaland?