#41 OFFLINE   Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • :

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Literally? What did they say about it, if you don't mind me asking?

They're very... er. I'm not even sure how to explain it. But they're worried about my sexuality since I like female artists and am not an athletic boy, so any female artist I like - they automatically assume their material is for gays and gays only. I asked if I could go to the Fiona Apple concert next week in my town - and they refused since they said she's for lesbians. I brought up Lana once, and my mom watched the first minute of the National Anthem video and she said "Do gay guys love her? Since she's trying to be like Marilyn Monroe right, and gays like Marilyn Monroe?" She then told my father about how I like gay music and whenever they hear me listening to Lana they look at me weird and ask why I'm listening to her and they once asked me if I was gay because the "music I listened to kinda seems it"

So yeah, my life in a nutshell. But I really wish I could buy Lana's album, physically, but they kinda barred it. But It's my money so I really want to do what I want with it, and I would just love to have a Lana album, in my hands, it'd feel so special. So hopefully I can get Paradise Edition physically. If not then another Amazon or iTunes download behind their backs I guess.

#42 OFFLINE   Monicker

Monicker

?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot
  • :

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

They're very... er. I'm not even sure how to explain it. But they're worried about my sexuality since I like female artists and am not an athletic boy, so any female artist I like - they automatically assume their material is for gays and gays only. I asked if I could go to the Fiona Apple concert next week in my town - and they refused since they said she's for lesbians. I brought up Lana once, and my mom watched the first minute of the National Anthem video and she said "Do gay guys love her? Since she's trying to be like Marilyn Monroe right, and gays like Marilyn Monroe?" She then told my father about how I like gay music and whenever they hear me listening to Lana they look at me weird and ask why I'm listening to her and they once asked me if I was gay because the "music I listened to kinda seems it"

So yeah, my life in a nutshell. But I really wish I could buy Lana's album, physically, but they kinda barred it. But It's my money so I really want to do what I want with it, and I would just love to have a Lana album, in my hands, it'd feel so special. So hopefully I can get Paradise Edition physically. If not then another Amazon or iTunes download behind their backs I guess.

I'm sorry. That's very bleak. But not too long before things change, so hang tight.
  • I Was An Angel likes this
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

#43 OFFLINE   Dimitry Kubrick

Dimitry Kubrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNantes, France
  • :

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

It doesn't matter if you're gay or not : music is universal : it's for everybody. Lana Del rey songs are not meant for gay people, they are for everybody. We don't become gay, bi, straight, ... because of the music we're listening, we are like that because it's our choice, our taste. that's all.

You should explain it to them. If they can't understand, well it's very sad for them. I personnaly hate people who aren't open minded
  • YesAlen, cola, ExoticFlower and 2 others like this

6139385_orig.png

#44 OFFLINE   Fluorine

Fluorine

Element No. 9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • :

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

This is really disturbing, actually. Kudos to you for rising above it.

PS) I would totally buy you a copy of the Paradise Edition if I knew there was no way it could get you in trouble. :)
  • Monicker and lola like this

Posted Image

iamamiwhoami purity ring jessie ware grimes twin shadow

#45 OFFLINE   rimastered

rimastered

maybe pudding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Time Online: 27d 12h 22m 34s

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

That's So Awful :'(
How can listening to music turn people gay?
I feel like stealing you and make you live in my closet, You can listen to whoever you want and buy whatever you want *hugs you*

:smokes:

#46 OFFLINE   MakariDelRey

MakariDelRey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 11h 41m 9s

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I dont have a lot of stuff, but what i do have is really special to me i have, GQ magazine, H&M catalog, Top, news paper clipping and....

BORN TO DIE! SIGNED! BY HER!!

i got it signed @ I tunes festival & a photo with her, her performance was awesome!

i also pre-ordered Paradise edition the box set :D!!

well thats all i have, but for xmas i know, im getting all the vinyls = )
  • cola and J.R.OMEGA like this

#47 OFFLINE   Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

GZB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 962 posts
  • LocationTrailer parks & beaches
  • Time Online: 8d 12h 46m 48s

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

My Lana COLLECTION:

Spoiler

I'm poor :what:
  • .Add, Tyler, cola and 4 others like this

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

#48 OFFLINE   .Add

.Add

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • :

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

My Collection
#Born To Die
Posted Image
> LP - Normal Edition [USA]
> Double LP - Normal Edition [Germany]
> CD + Magazine - Normal Edition (Limited Edition) [Greek]
> CD - Normal Edition [Europe]
> CD Slipcase - Normal Edition (Limited Edition) [France]
> CD - Normal Edition [USA]
> CD - Normal Edition [Russia]
> CD - Normal Edition [Malaisia / Asia]
> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition [Mexico]
> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition (Unrated) [Thaïland]
> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition [Taïwan]

# Video Games
Posted Image
> 12" (Limited Edition) [Germany]
> 7" (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [USA]
> 7" Picture Disc (Limited Edition) [UK]
> CD Cardsleeve Promo (Limited Edition) [UK]
> CD Promo (Limited Edition) [Netherlands]
> CD Promo (Limited Edition) [USA]
> Maxi CD (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [USA]
> Maxi CD [Germany]
> Maxi CD EP [Germany]

# Born To Die
Posted Image
> 12" Promo (Limited Edition) [Germany]
> 7" (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [USA]
> Maxi CD [Germany]
> Maxi CD EP [Germany]

# Blue Jeans
Posted Image
> CD + Advert Promo (Limited Edition) [UK]
> 12" Picture Disc (Limited Edition) [France]
> CD Cardsleeve (Limited Edition) [France]

# National Anthem
Posted Image
> CD Cardsleeve Promo (Limited Edition) [UK]

# Summertime Sadness
Posted Image
> Maxi CD [Germany]

Posted Image
> x4 Posters 1200cm x 1600cm (Limited Edition) [France]
  • Arzi, Sucker, YUNGATA and 4 others like this

#49 OFFLINE   .Add

.Add

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • :

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Do you think that a CD is gonna be release for Ride ? I Hope so ! And A Picture Disc too !

#50 OFFLINE   teethclick

teethclick

DO A JIG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 9h 8m 58s

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Do you think that a CD is gonna be release for Ride ? I Hope so ! And A Picture Disc too !

I think they would have done it already.

last.fm  

#51 OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Locationthe chateau marmont
  • Time Online: 8d 5h 4m 25s

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

I see half of these things, and I do even know where on earth they sell them lol I've only ever seen BTD Standard CD in stores. I must live in a crap place

2dt29zc.jpg

#52 OFFLINE   teethclick

teethclick

DO A JIG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I see half of these things, and I do even know where on earth they sell them lol I've only ever seen BTD Standard CD in stores. I must live in a crap place

da interwebz

last.fm  

#53 OFFLINE   NamiraWilhelm

NamiraWilhelm

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Time Online: 90d 21h 53m 22s

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

.Add, you are the don. That is one badass collection!
  • .Add likes this
Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   Hello Heaven

Hello Heaven

ghost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 3d 12h 21m 10s

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ah, that sucks. You poor thing, I just want to buy you a load of Lana stuff for you :(
I'm sure that would go down well with you parents.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

#55 OFFLINE   Dimitry Kubrick

Dimitry Kubrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNantes, France
  • :

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Probably. Sometimes, single are released physically two month after their release in digital. So wait and see.
By the way, they didn't released the Remixes EP of Ride for the moment, they probably want to release it in november :)

6139385_orig.png

#56 OFFLINE   .Add

.Add

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • :

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I sell all my items ! If you are interessed send me a message.

#57 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,372 posts
  • Time Online: 64d 3h 14m 10s

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

I'm not much of a collector tbh, so all i have is BTD deluxe and the Blue Jeans vinyl because i LOVED the images on it and got it cheap.

#58 OFFLINE   teethclick

teethclick

DO A JIG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'm not much of a collector tbh, so all i have is BTD deluxe and the Blue Jeans vinyl because i LOVED the images on it and got it cheap.

Really? That vinyl is horrible.. :wtf:

last.fm  

#59 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,372 posts
  • Time Online: 64d 3h 14m 10s

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Really? That vinyl is horrible.. :wtf:

That shit is hot...[note; not my skeletal hand]

Posted Image
  • cola and Miss Lolita Drama like this

#60 OFFLINE   teethclick

teethclick

DO A JIG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

That shit is hot...[note; not my skeletal hand]

Posted Image

pro-bulimi w/ friends!!!!
It's awful. I have that vinyl too, and I'm getting the 12" picdisc soon. I'm just gonna put it behind all my other Lana vinyls so I never have to look at it. :bye:
  • cola likes this

last.fm  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users