Sign in to follow this  
drownsoda

My experience at the Seattle show— just some FYI and warnings

@ just said my thoughts exactly! Her shows should be 21+, that would make such a huge difference.

I've seen this idea becoming more and more popular on the internet with people coming to the same conclusion.

I would feel bad for mature under-21 persons if they were left out of a LDR concert just because of their age but I honestly think there should be some kind of selection and I'm assuming age would be the most appropriate.

There should be like a trial of a couple of 21+ shows to see how that goes..

I guess it isn't for us to decide but I really hope someone from her management team reads this someday. And that I won't get a lot of hate from younger persons  :(

Palm trees in black and white...

And actually what I think is just as worth mentioning is the "iphones in the air problem".

I did not even know about this until now. 

I used to go to concerts of bands that I really really loved a while back and I was always camping outside/coming first thing in the morning at the venue so I was almost always front row to the shows that mattered to me. Unfortunately in the past couple of years I've been having bad health problems so coming to a show already is a huge challenge, let alone come to the venue hours before it starts, so when I finally went to my first Lana concert in Philly(  :worship: ) I was BEYOND overwhelmed with happiness ( I honestly think I've never been happier before, at least not in the past 3 years, sorry if this intro was too much info but I have never been as bothered by this problem before). 

I got there right when Jimmy Gnecco started so I wan't hoping for much of a good spot, didn't even try to go past a certain point where the crowd was getting more..crowded and was somehow on the side but was still ok with that, at least I could see, in the distance, but still see. Until Lana came on stage. Then hundreds of hands with iphones/cellphones/tablets/cameras/whatever suddenly appeared in the air and no, they did not just record the first song or took a couple of pics as a souvenir , they were there the WHOLE CONCERT. Hundreds of people watched the whole show through their camera screen.

I'm not saying you should not be allowed to take pictures/record, although I basically am, but if you're gonna do that the whole show then it's a problem, you won't fully enjoy the show, and neither will the people behind you (if someone ever cares about that at a concert..). I was counting on their common-sense, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Of course, if you're front row and Lana wants to take a selfie with you that's a different story :)).

So yeah, basically if common-sense/taking 1-2 quick pictures doesn't exist anymore I really hope they restrict somehow photo/video from shows. 

I know it's fun to look at videos on youtube of what Lana performed the other night, but it even better to see with you own eyes, or they should have someone official film and post on youtube I don t know. A designated camera man, something..

I don't know if many of you will relate to that especially if you've been front row but that my opinion..

:)

Palm trees in black and white...

Gee, this is too bad. When I saw Lana at Chicago at House of Blues it wasn't that bad. People were respectful. I think the show was 18 plus so that helped. It was bad at Lalapalooza. I wasn't even near the front. I was about 20 yards from the stage and it was crushing and hot and I was afraid that someone would get hurt.

I did hear some comments from teenage girls who felt that it was their right to be right up close for some reason. I even heard it from girls in their 20s. I don't understand why some girls feel they have this sense of entitlement to be near Lana and it's okay to be rude and push people to get up front.

My guess it's spoiled rich girls whose parents bought them tickets and dropped them off. 

That's unfortunately the sad truth. The fact that I was fighting for my dear life seriously hindered being able to enjoy her performance. She was great, but the crowd was overwhelming and SO abusive. After that experience I don't think I'll bother seeing her live again unless it's a seated venue.

Omfg. It sounds EXACTLY like my Chicago experience! How funny is it that it was flower wearing headband teenage girls that were doing the exact same thing. The jabbing my ribs with their elbows was the worst part. I didn't even remember half of the setlist when the show was over because I was defending my position/life the entire concert! Hahah. 

sort of ~

There were thousands of well-behaved teenage girls at the Dallas show.   I think just knowing you will have a chance to actually meet and touch a star like Lana Del Rey is going to bring out some serious competitive energy in people of any age.  It's the chance of a lifetime, and no one wants to miss it.  In any case, Lana is fortunate to have a fan base that is so young.  She is going to have a long, rewarding career as her young fans stick with her, and that will keep the music and concerts coming for all of her fans for a long time to come. :)

I would love to go to see Lana live but I just know I'd be trampled being only 5'3. I've been reading a lot of peoples Lana concert experiences and it honestly seems like her crowds are crazier than the damn metal concert I went to last year and even that wasn't ideal. 

teenage girls are crazy

tumblr_inline_n72ktprYsx1sehw87.png

There were thousands of well-behaved teenage girls at the Dallas show.   I think just knowing you will have a chance to actually meet and touch a star like Lana Del Rey is going to bring out some serious competitive energy in people of any age.  It's the chance of a lifetime, and no one wants to miss it.  In any case, Lana is fortunate to have a fan base that is so young.  She is going to have a long, rewarding career as her young fans stick with her, and that will keep the music and concerts coming for all of her fans for a long time to come. :)

That's an interesting perspective I haven't thought of. Frankly, I don't understand how people so young can relate to the topics she muses about.

I've always presumed it was an interest in her general aura and beauty. I guess there are positives to a young following. 

I would love to go to see Lana live but I just know I'd be trampled being only 5'3. I've been reading a lot of peoples Lana concert experiences and it honestly seems like her crowds are crazier than the damn metal concert I went to last year and even that wasn't ideal. 

teenage girls are crazy

it depends where you're going. I went to the toronto show and it was calm & organized. I made friends with a lot of people and the actual show wasn't bad, you got pushed around a bit, but it wasn't bad. I'm 5"

That's an interesting perspective I haven't thought of. Frankly, I don't understand how people so young can relate to the topics she muses about.

I've always presumed it was an interest in her general aura and beauty. I guess there are positives to a young following. 

I think it's her aesthetic honestly

BzhmW.png

@ just said my thoughts exactly! Her shows should be 21+, that would make such a huge difference.

I've seen this idea becoming more and more popular on the internet with people coming to the same conclusion.

I would feel bad for mature under-21 persons if they were left out of a LDR concert just because of their age but I honestly think there should be some kind of selection and I'm assuming age would be the most appropriate.

I guess it isn't for us to decide but I really hope someone from her management team reads this someday. And that I won't get a lot of hate from younger persons  :(

I only 19 and I think the shows being 21 and up would solve a lot of issues I would give up being able to see a Lana show for a few years to get those kind of "fans" as far away from Lana as possible

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

It was extremely frustrating. I got really angry with them and I scared a few of them because I was NOT being nice at all. If you have a chance to see her, I'd opt for a seated venue to be honest. The view from the barricade was amazing, but the crowd is beyond violent.

Unfortunately, that's the sad conclusion I've come to after the two concert experiences I had.

I've seen her 3 times now and all 3 experiences have been the worst concerts I've ever been to, due to the psychotic crowds. I hate it. I love Lana but I just can't deal with this. Maybe it's the shows I've went to (all in Chicago)? My next Lana shows will be in Austin, Texas, so maybe the people there will be better. Not sure... guess I'll find out. I've heard southern concerts are a bit more relaxed. 

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Honestly I think all these 12 year old tumblr girls, will start to move on past Lana once ULTRAVIOLENCE comes out I mean come on it's no where near pop at all. Born to Die some songs were kinda pop/ could be classified as it (Diet mtn Dew, National Anthem, This is What Makes us Girls) but ULTRAVIOLENCE seems so deep I doubt these 12 year old girls will go to antoher concert

The only thing I can think of after reading all these terrible experiences is just I hope I survive.

I saw Lana last year in Düsseldorf and it wasn't THAT crazy. I got pushed around (that's normal I guess) but it was fine and we were all singing along and having fun. Some girls fainted and there were some rude people but the majority was ok.

I hope German fans haven't changed into furious flower-crown wesring monsters as I will be attending her show in Berlin.

I'm really fucking scared now

OHOH was this the show on youtube?  The one with my favorite version of burning desire?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyrHU_2ZBkI

@@Ghon YES! I loved Burning Desire. We were so lucky to get both G&M and Burning Desire I was so happy (and still am).

Btw, I don't like the idea of the shows being 21+. Mostly because I'm under 21, I'm sorry but I would be so so heartbroken if I couldn't see Lana b/c I'm too young. But I do get your point, I just don't think it would be the answer. Less people would come to see her and it would be kinda unfair towards those of as who actually can behave.

just cuz i cant help comment on Burning.  The way she smiles before the drop in the music she seems so happy becuase she nailed the vocals there perfectly.   Its a very hard vocal spot to whisper and hit notes..  /jealous.  Wish i could of been there.

P.S. i Loved this live set so much i burned it to CD and jam to in my car for like the last 80 hours of driving time.  My wife refuses to even ride in my car as she knows what will be playing( though she did at least agree to our first dance being to a live LDR song).  Heh.

I got to Lanas concert in Seattle at 10:00 AM with five of my friends and when we were let in we were SOOO close to the front! Like three people away from the stage but then when we stood up we were all pushed together and there wasn't any room to move our arms! People were pushing and shoving and within two minuets we were covered with sweat and could hardly breath. We continuously were moving in the crowd of bodies due to the waves and were slowly moving farther away from the stage. Then one of my friends started to have a panic attack and majority of the people around us didn't even care and ignored our efforts to get her out. Then another one of my friends got elbowed by a heard of angry flower crown wearing bitches and couldn't breath. THIS WAS ALL BEFORE LANA OR FATHER JOHN MISTY EVER CAME OUT! So those two "wounded" friends and my other friend decided they needed to leave and wanted my other friend and I to stay for the show. Things got better when the security guy came out and told everyone to calm down, but then halfway through the concert a girl was crying about how she could cry to get a good picture so I got her up on my shoulders so she could get pictures and when she got down I noticed someone had STOLEN MY PHONE!!!! At this point I was just completely done and left the concert completely because the crowds energy was way too negative and I honesty just couldn't handle the brats. Security never found my phone and just laughed at me when I reported my lost phone. I just want my phone back :(

Does anyone have an audio DL for this performance? Preferably with the tracks already split up? I'll love u forever if someone PMs me with it <3

I have DL of this but no broken up tracks.  Pfft who wants to skip around.  Let me snag my link from media fire one second.

here ya go!!

(LINK)

If you need help downloading it let me know i can snag it up some quick instructions.  Mediafire is plagued with ads but its free and effective.

I got to Lanas concert in Seattle at 10:00 AM with five of my friends and when we were let in we were SOOO close to the front! Like three people away from the stage but then when we stood up we were all pushed together and there wasn't any room to move our arms! People were pushing and shoving and within two minuets we were covered with sweat and could hardly breath. We continuously were moving in the crowd of bodies due to the waves and were slowly moving farther away from the stage. Then one of my friends started to have a panic attack and majority of the people around us didn't even care and ignored our efforts to get her out. Then another one of my friends got elbowed by a heard of angry flower crown wearing bitches and couldn't breath. THIS WAS ALL BEFORE LANA OR FATHER JOHN MISTY EVER CAME OUT! So those two "wounded" friends and my other friend decided they needed to leave and wanted my other friend and I to stay for the show. Things got better when the security guy came out and told everyone to calm down, but then halfway through the concert a girl was crying about how she could cry to get a good picture so I got her up on my shoulders so she could get pictures and when she got down I noticed someone had STOLEN MY PHONE!!!! At this point I was just completely done and left the concert completely because the crowds energy was way too negative and I honesty just couldn't handle the brats. Security never found my phone and just laughed at me when I reported my lost phone. I just want my phone back :(

That sucks! Was that today? Can you track it?

@@ligialoveslana I mean, I think AT LEAST an 18+ show would be to the benefit of everyone's safety. It would weed out some of the more insane 14-16 year olds. Some of the girls there tried to tell me they were 18 but I could tell by how they looked, talked, and carried themselves that they were in reality probably 15. If Lana had some 21+ shows it would also give people the option to drink. I'm not a big drinker but I do like having a beer or a vodka tonic or something at shows if I can; loosens ya up a little.

And to whoever said Lana's career will be long with such a young fanbase— who cares if that fanbase is psychotic? Her 21 and over fans are just as loyal to her, if not more. I do think it's an aesthetic thing for a lot of the younger crowd. It's funny because you could tell at the Seattle show who was there for the music, and who was there for the image. The girl from Paris to my right and the Australian guy and his girlfriend were people who, like myself and my group, were there to listen to her perform— there was no flower crown Marilyn Monroe wannabe BS. Incidentally, those people were all university students too like myself and were a bit older. There is not a doubt in my mind that that concert would have been ten times more enjoyable and ten times less psychotic had the crowd been 21+. Girls wouldn't have been passing out or getting dragged out of the crowd because most of them would have been old enough and smart enough to prepare at handle it. These kids there were too immature for the situation.

I will NOT waste my time trying to be front row again at one of her shows. I had the experience and while seeing her up close was amazing, it's not something I ever feel like I need to do again. I'd rather sit in the back and enjoy the music without having to cage fight teenagers.