Sign in to follow this  
drownsoda

My experience at the Seattle show— just some FYI and warnings

Ultraviolent fangirls at a Lana concert.Wild and free... Sounds like something she would make a collage video about. I'd risk first row like I have in my Metal festivals days.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

This is all so crazy. I was lucky to see Lana back in 2012 at Irving Plaza in NYC and no one in the crowd was crazy like that. I don't know if that's because she wasn't *as* famous as she is now but people were going crazy in a good way and pushing like normal at shows but no one was aggressive. It was actually very peaceful, aside from being incredibly hot and over crowded. I don't know why the shows seem to be getting more and more scary, It really bothers me. We go to see Lana and enjoy the experience and to have aggressive and negative people there to just ruin it is very upsetting. I hope this will stop soon :(

The crowd was like this at the Dallas show too... I wasn't in the pit, but I know that people in the pit were passing out etc., and people kept trying to move seats to get closer and were even shoving people out of their seats to take their spots, it was ridiculous...

I didn't have the best experience at the Seattle show either. I showed up probably about five hours before the show. I knew I wasn't getting front row, which I was fine with. The people in line next to me were nice, but what I didn't like was the people shoving each other to get ahead. I decided to bring my mom to the show...she's a big fan of Lana and told me a year ago that if she ever comes to Seattle, she would want to come to the show with me. We were told to sit at first, but once we were told to stand, people were running, and my mom was almost trampled over while trying to get up. She ended up getting a migraine in the pit and moved to the bleachers. I thought I could make it, but I was already sweating, and was being constantly pushed around. I ended up just going to the bleachers. Yeah, it was 5 hours for nothing..but oh well. I'd wait all day to see Lana. I ended up really enjoying the show though. I was able to enjoy the music, and it was well worth the 2-year wait to see her live, but I just hated the pit. I do agree that her shows should either be 18+ or she needs to start doing more shows with assigned seating. She's so popular now and some of the fans get too crazy

Also, we went to the medic to get some advil for my mom, and there was this girl who was drunk out of her mind there...flower crown and all...and she looked about 14. Some of the teenagers were obviously too immature to handle a show like Lana's and had no business being there.

I love Lana and I would love to see her perform again. I would just hope that in the future, her shows have an age limit or assigned seating. 

Yeah. When I went to my Lana show in Toronto this May, I had to go alone because none of my friends liked her or her music. THAT was fine by me.

I wanted pit/floor tickets but I've been to other shows before and I knew going by yourself AND being in the pit? Not a good idea, and certainly not for a Lana Del Rey show! I'd already known some of her fans could get pretty.... crazy. So I told myself, "It's okay to go by yourself but don't do the pit." I've been to many other shows and people can get pretty rude and nasty in the front. I ended up getting a seat in the section behind the pit, which was absolutely perfect for me. 

It was ridiculous at the merch line after the show, though. People were neck to neck, body to body; there wasn't a line. There were no arguments, thankfully, but it was a mess nonetheless.

So yeah, when going to a show, evaluate all your options and your limits. Pit is not for everyone.

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Yeah. When I went to my Lana show in Toronto this May, I had to go alone because none of my friends liked her or her music. THAT was fine by me.

I wanted pit/floor tickets but I've been to other shows before and I knew going by yourself AND being in the pit? Not a good idea, and certainly not for a Lana Del Rey show! I'd already known some of her fans could get pretty.... crazy. So I told myself, "It's okay to go by yourself but don't do the pit." I've been to many other shows and people can get pretty rude and nasty in the front. I ended up getting a seat in the section behind the pit, which was absolutely perfect for me. 

It was ridiculous at the merch line after the show, though. People were neck to neck, body to body; there wasn't a line. There were no arguments, thankfully, but it was a mess nonetheless.

So yeah, when going to a show, evaluate all your options and your limits. Pit is not for everyone.

i went to the toronto show by myself, but i got pit tickets. I met a lot of nice people. The pit wasn't bad, cause i dont think she's that big in toronto. The only thing about the pit was lack of personal space and waiting 10+ hours in the cold, but i got front row so it was worth it.

i went to the toronto show by myself, but i got pit tickets. I met a lot of nice people. The pit wasn't bad, cause i dont think she's that big in toronto. The only thing about the pit was lack of personal space and waiting 10+ hours in the cold, but i got front row so it was worth it.

I guess Canadians really ARE nice, eh? :thumb: thanks for letting me know! The show was amazing by the way :smile: 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

I guess Canadians really ARE nice, eh? :thumb: thanks for letting me know! The show was amazing by the way :smile:

except me  :D i know! I almost got a chance to meet her but then someone pulled her hair

reading everyones experiences, it seems like the shows are just getting worse. when i saw her on her paradise tour it was awful and i got into a lot of arguments with crazed teen girls. i am also a teen girl (19), so it meant i could fight back without it being assault haha

its sad for me because i wont be able to go back to a lana show - i will end up getting knocking a bitch out and getting arrested!

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif