Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

(honestly thought get drunk was about them for a while..oh and also reeve and van)

wth, now Reeve and Van are friends? Also, on the topic of Van--what makes us believe they actually were together?

Actually, Lizzy's pictures are still on Nick's main website, he's a musician.

Interesting...is he too innocent to link to? I guess there's a chance that their relationship wasn't dating, per se, but it's a new puzzle piece. Considering "A Star for Nick" was written in the May Jailer era and I believe some of those songs are about a different guy entirely (perhaps even a real jerk, like in "Pride", which would fit with your description of him as a sleaze), this could be legit.

Also, I do NOT think this is Lizzy

No, doesn't she have a loopy M-thing tattooed on her hand?

wth, now Reeve and Van are friends? Also, on the topic of Van--what makes us believe they actually were together?

Interesting...is he too innocent to link to? I guess there's a chance that their relationship wasn't dating, per se, but it's a new puzzle piece. Considering "A Star for Nick" was written in the May Jailer era and I believe some of those songs are about a different guy entirely (perhaps even a real jerk, like in "Pride", which would fit with your description of him as a sleaze), this could be legit.

No, doesn't she have a loopy M-thing tattooed on her hand?

I'm honestly just assuming they were friends/knew each other since Van worked for A&R + 5 points which Lizzy was signed to. Reeve isn't listed as an artist but he's in the pictures http://www.myspace.com/5pointsrecords

These are the Lizzy pics on Nick's myspace. They were also somewhere on his music site. http://www.myspace.com/athingortwo/photos/67907396#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A67907396%7D She looks so young here

She's a 1million piece puzzle. It's all very confusing

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

hey! this is the place for some relationship info (and speculation) i posted on the LANA SLEUTHING thread, so i'm copying it here:

(...) if the ex-boyfriend(s) knew her 5 years ago, it would've been 2007 and i speculated it could be jimmy gnecco or reeve carney, but i didn't think of arthur lynn, her guitarist in "lizzy and the phenomena"! she *allegedly* had a fling with him, but who knows?

tumblr_lset3riMId1r0lfe2o1_500.jpg

still, i hope it's jimmy they talked to :blush: now, he's never explicitly referred to lizzy/lana, and we have no photos of them together, but when i heard his song "saints" (written for jeff buckley ♥) that he performed live in 2011 with reeve, and the intro *was* "little girls/put me in a movie" that's a confirmation of sorts to me. maybe he inspired that riff and loved it and thought, "hell, i wanna use it"? along with lizzy's posting of "yayo" on his facebook wall way back when, dedicated to he of the blue ink snake tatoo, and the songs she refers to him by name, well...it's proof enough for me that they were together ;)

THERE'S MORE INFO, like the (quite telling) link to arthur's blog by evilentity and the much awaited screenshot of lizzy's post of "yayo" on jimmy gnecco's facebook back in 2009 by trailerparkdoll in the LANA SLEUTHING thread. sitar, you can copy that and all the relevant new details over here, right? all hail the nancy drews and sherlocks of the forum! :legend:

THERE'S MORE INFO, like the (quite telling) link to arthur's blog by evilentity and the much awaited screenshot of lizzy's post of "yayo" on jimmy gnecco's facebook back in 2009 by trailerparkdoll in the LANA SLEUTHING thread. sitar, you can copy that and all the relevant new details over here, right? all hail the nancy drews and sherlocks of the forum! :legend:

I intend to, but right now there's some trouble with editing longer posts (that not only I am experiencing). Haven't even been able to update since the "Get Drunk" revelation.

PS, could you read Arthur's blog? One post was password protected when I tried accessing it.

I intend to, but right now there's some trouble with editing longer posts (that not only I am experiencing). Haven't even been able to update since the "Get Drunk" revelation.

PS, could you read Arthur's blog? One post was password protected when I tried accessing it.

no, i got the the password request, too :(

love your grimes pic and sig, btw :)

no, i got the the password request, too :(

love your grimes pic and sig, btw :)

What if it was a Diet MTN Dew demo, but recorded with the Phenomena?!

Indulge this theory for a second, please, I'm feeling pretty good about it:

Lana has gone on record saying that her first three singles--"Video Games", "Born to Die", and "Blue Jeans"--are a trilogy. As a fanbase, it's our job to read really far into this. A safe point to jump to is that these songs are a trilogy in the sense that they're all about the same love story. I readily accepted this for a while and assigned this trilogy to her criminal love story, K. "Blue Jeans" has the most detail of any of these three songs, specifically relating back to "For K", so this as a logical jump of intuition. But if you think about it, really think about it, these songs don't have any particular details in common. Sure, they're all mournful. But it ends there.

Just recently, some stalkers insiders made it vaguely apparent that they were positive "Video Games" is about Mike Mizrahi. Mike's story doesn't cohesively fit with the mysterious K's, so we're all left in the dust of that trilogy theory. But that's how Lana herself described it--a trilogy. So what if these three songs aren't a trilogy in the sense that they all connect back to one guy, but that they connect to three separate things she holds dear. For instance, what if this trilogy is about the three most important loves of her life?

It makes sense, doesn't it? She cast Bradley Soileau in "Born to Die" based on his appearance, which bears some striking similarities to Jimmy Gnecco's. And just reading this thread, it's impossible not to get the sense that these were Lana's most important relationships--held above Bill and possibly Chris and whoever she dated as a teenager. "Video Games" being about Mike, "Born to Die" being about Jimmy, and "Blue Jeans" being about K.

Problems with this:

- Born to Die. Very K, right? Wrong. Who's to say that she means die in the literal sense? She sings last thing I saw before I died, and lo and behold, she's not dead.

- Bradley Soileau, the model equivalent of Jimmy Gnecco, is also in "Blue Jeans". So that song must be about Jimmy, right? Wrong. See, she was already in a professional relationship with Bradley at that point, and maybe even a less-than-professional one. People were fascinated with his image. Business-wise, casting Bradley was a natural move. She originally cast him for "Born to Die" based on his looks--but did she ever say the same for the decision in "Blue Jeans"? As far as I know, the answer is no.

Shower me with praise or comments.

So what if these three songs aren't a trilogy in the sense that they all connect back to one guy, but that they connect to three separate things she holds dear. For instance, what if this trilogy is about the three most important loves of her life?

Makes sense to me.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

what if this trilogy is about the three most important loves of her life?

It makes sense, doesn't it?

YES! it really does. her 3 great loves, each represented by one of the songs. I agree: BTD-Jimmy / VG-Mike / Blue Jeans-K.

Sitar: Wayne_sWorld-We_renotworthy.gif

isn't it awesome how - even though lana can be vague and dodgy - she has given us good clues? ;)

yes Didn't she say Video Games was about 2 relationships anyways and thats why it was like happy-sad??? I can see this. I feel like LDRakaLG is almost mostly about Jimmy/Arthur/Reeve .. I do wonder if her and arthur were a couple or just friends but they knew each other from nick. There are so many names....sigh so confusin

Problems with this:

- Born to Die. Very K, right? Wrong. Who's to say that she means die in the literal sense? She sings last thing I saw before I died, and lo and behold, she's not dead.

Maybe Die refers to the emotional state she was in when she left him. Or Die in the sense that the alcohol-maybe-drug-filled Lizzy he used to know no longer existed when she decided to "live her life right" to be "a good person".

up45I.gif

Maybe Die refers to the emotional state she was in when she left him. Or Die in the sense that the alcohol-maybe-drug-filled Lizzy he used to know no longer existed when she decided to "live her life right" to be "a good person".

YESSSS ... like in Jump "last thing I saw before I died" I doubt she actually died and came back 2 life lmao

and 'dead like you' in dark paradise I think she may mean emotionally.. like unfeeling for all the bad things they were doin. its a dark paradise bc shes havin so much fun but what they were doing was bad etcetcetc

I too think that the three songs are about her three main loves, but each song is not necessarily completely tied to a specific individual, but rather an amalgam. VG is probably more about MM, but it could also include the time she spent with K (would fit with the narrative of them being on their own in a trailer, where the guy would be playing video games), In the same way her attraction to someone tattooed like JG might have begun with K, and BTD could be talking about both of them. Who knows, but as someone said, she seems to be a million piece puzzle.

YESSSS ... like in Jump "last thing I saw before I died" I doubt she actually died and came back 2 life lmao

and 'dead like you' in dark paradise I think she may mean emotionally.. like unfeeling for all the bad things they were doin. its a dark paradise bc shes havin so much fun but what they were doing was bad etcetcetc

if i can find it, i think i recall her saying that she was saved by god a million times and that she literally died for a few seconds after an overdose (this was kind of implied). i like you guys's poetic interpretation better, but the dying she refers to may be both figurative or symbolic AND alternately literal.

if i can find it, i think i recall her saying that she was saved by god a million times and that she literally died for a few seconds after an overdose (this was kind of implied). i like you guys's poetic interpretation better, but the dying she refers to may be both figurative or symbolic AND alternately literal.

I remember her saying that too, but naive as I am I thought she was talking about less dramatic/more John&Jane's life problems such as having to pay for the bills, finding a job, finding a purpose in life... Something more "poetic". LOL

up45I.gif

“The verse was about the way things were with one person, and the chorus was the way that I wished things had really been with another person, who I thought about for a long time,” she says, breaking into an acapella of the song."

Here's the article about Video Games being about 2 separate relationships! http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/11702/1/lana-del-rey-bad-girl-blues (Thought it belonged here instead of sleuthing since we were discussing this)

http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/8657-lana-del-rey/ "People have offered me opportunities in exchange for sleeping with them. But it's not 1952 anymore. Sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere at all these days." (Van?)

HMMMMMM (Also, how insulting. I don't know how she didn't kill him or maybe she did Dun dun dUnnNNN)

Indulge this theory for a second, please, I'm feeling pretty good about it:

Lana has gone on record saying that her first three singles--"Video Games", "Born to Die", and "Blue Jeans"--are a trilogy. As a fanbase, it's our job to read really far into this. A safe point to jump to is that these songs are a trilogy in the sense that they're all about the same love story. I readily accepted this for a while and assigned this trilogy to her criminal love story, K. "Blue Jeans" has the most detail of any of these three songs, specifically relating back to "For K", so this as a logical jump of intuition. But if you think about it, really think about it, these songs don't have any particular details in common. Sure, they're all mournful. But it ends there.

Just recently, some stalkers insiders made it vaguely apparent that they were positive "Video Games" is about Mike Mizrahi. Mike's story doesn't cohesively fit with the mysterious K's, so we're all left in the dust of that trilogy theory. But that's how Lana herself described it--a trilogy. So what if these three songs aren't a trilogy in the sense that they all connect back to one guy, but that they connect to three separate things she holds dear. For instance, what if this trilogy is about the three most important loves of her life?

It makes sense, doesn't it? She cast Bradley Soileau in "Born to Die" based on his appearance, which bears some striking similarities to Jimmy Gnecco's. And just reading this thread, it's impossible not to get the sense that these were Lana's most important relationships--held above Bill and possibly Chris and whoever she dated as a teenager. "Video Games" being about Mike, "Born to Die" being about Jimmy, and "Blue Jeans" being about K.

Problems with this:

- Bradley Soileau, the model equivalent of Jimmy Gnecco, is also in "Blue Jeans". So that song must be about Jimmy, right? Wrong. See, she was already in a professional relationship with Bradley at that point, and maybe even a less-than-professional one. People were fascinated with his image. Business-wise, casting Bradley was a natural move. She originally cast him for "Born to Die" based on his looks--but did she ever say the same for the decision in "Blue Jeans"? As far as I know, the answer is no.

Shower me with praise or comments.

she has also said that Yayo was the prequel to VG

giffix-1.gif

“The verse was about the way things were with one person, and the chorus was the way that I wished things had really been with another person, who I thought about for a long time,” she says, breaking into an acapella of the song."

Here's the article about Video Games being about 2 separate relationships! http://www.dazeddigi...-bad-girl-blues (Thought it belonged here instead of sleuthing since we were discussing this)

http://pitchfork.com...7-lana-del-rey/ "People have offered me opportunities in exchange for sleeping with them. But it's not 1952 anymore. Sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere at all these days." (Van?)

HMMMMMM (Also, how insulting. I don't know how she didn't kill him or maybe she did Dun dun dUnnNNN)

This is important! So maybe with greymillenium's info...Mike in the verses, Jimmy in the chorus?

Also interesting about Van...although we really have limited info about that relationship. I'd believe it, though. Unless you can think of more examples proving they had a fling?

she has also said that Yayo was the prequel to VG

orig-11257071.gif

WHERE?!

if i can find it, i think i recall her saying that she was saved by god a million times and that she literally died for a few seconds after an overdose (this was kind of implied).

http://pitchfork.com...7-lana-del-rey/

http://thequietus.co...l-rey-interview

Nothing explicit about overdosing, though I remember thinking the same thing when I read it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

http://pitchfork.com...7-lana-del-rey/

http://thequietus.co...l-rey-interview

Nothing explicit about overdosing, though I remember thinking the same thing when I read it.

i read so many interviews last year and never anticipated a lana forum, thus i didn't save most of the links :toofloppy: but those two are the first that came to mind - thanks EE! :) also...if some lana songs are biographical, well..."heavy hitter", anyone?

I was lounging at the Chateau Marmont

Glimmering by the swimming pool

My man walked in like a slow motion movie

I said "You're so cool"

I heard a man screaming

Lights, camera, action

I c-c-can't remember what happened

I overdose,

You throw me over your shoulder

I was dying, you were screaming

Open up that Lambourghini

7477385.gif