Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

"leader of an ancient-mystic-shamanistic-psychotropic religious society"

:brows3:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well this is a quote I found from 2011 about what the song is about, it's a different interview I can't link it from my phone: The song, which comes from the band’s debut EP, “Alibi,” is equally as enthralling. Lyrically, it tells the tale of a boat captain who is running guns and narcotics from Brazil back to the States via the Florida Keys.

Nothing off about that, but then our boat captain is betrayed by his lover. “His boat is boarded by a group of very good soccer players,” the band explains. “They carry golden revolvers and fight valiantly for their heroine (not the drug), Sister Crystalline, also the Captain’s fraudulent bed-mate.”

Who would guess that a gal named Sister Crystalline wouldn’t be on the up and up? An extremely smooth bass groove seems to level things out, but the plot is further complicated, “by the fact that she is the leader of an ancient-mystic-shamanistic-psychotropic religious society.” Spacecamp assures us that, “She probably means well, even though she behaved badly.”

Golden gun? Heroine/crystal meth reference? Smooth bass player (Arthur lynn) .....

Boats = Lana's ocean references?

:hdu:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

TOGHTo6.png

:hdu:

is that the meth talking or did she copy+paste it from somewhere..... :derpna2:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

is that the meth talking or did she copy+paste it from somewhere..... :derpna2:

idk like i read it and felt like a cloud fell on my head or something.

but I'm positive that this is what she was going for when she was talking about the institute for innovators/ technology thing on twitter (it's been 84 years), just by looking at the zeitgeist movement website, its all about solar power and finding new technological sources for global sustainability, etc. From what I've researched, it's sort of an "alienated youth" movement, however from this view it's relatively nonviolent+ innocuous. However, some parts of it go into conspiracy theories.. I'm not sure how much that relates to the original movement (there's a few extremists in every crowd)/ if it is a propaganda tool 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Smooth bass player (Arthur lynn) .....

Um, why Arthur Lynn? Steven Mertens was a bass player.

"leader of an ancient-mystic-shamanistic-psychotropic religious society"[/size]

:brows3:

Wrong thread

TOGHTo6.png

Zeitgeist is an agitprop film rife with conspiracist claptrap including 9/11 truther bullshit that garnered a cult following online several years ago. It actually really disappointed me the first time I noticed she posted that because at the time I thought she was more intelligent than that.

On a side note, it's evidence against some of the conspiracist claptrap promulgated around these parts: that Lana is a member of the Illuminati. The film posits similar conspiracies and portrays them nefariously. Her promotion of the film would suggest she believed in such conspiracies, not that she was a part of them.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i think it's kinda cute that she believed in conspiracy theories and stuff though  :whatever:

Wrong thread

Zeitgeist is an agitprop film rife with conspiracist claptrap including 9/11 truther bullshit that garnered a cult following online several years ago. It actually really disappointed me the first time I noticed she posted that because at the time I thought she was more intelligent than that.

On a side note, it's evidence against some of the conspiracist claptrap promulgated around these parts: that Lana is a member of the Illuminati. The film posits similar conspiracies and portrays them nefariously. Her promotion of the film would suggest she believed in such conspiracies, not that she was a part of them.

See, that's what confused me because it seemed like part of the movement was trying to separate itself from the image the movie portrayed as far as conspiracy theories go ~ some perceived it as slander, etc. I would hope Lana would be a bit more enlightened than to think like that. The website itself claims that the movement has no affiliation to the film series.  "No. While the word "Zeitgeist" is also associated with Peter Joseph's film series, "Zeitgeist: The Movie", "Zeitgeist: Addendum" and "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward", the film series based content isn't to be confused with the tenets of "The Zeitgeist Movement" here. Rather, the films were mere inspirations for "The Zeitgeist Movement" due to their popularity and overall message of seeking truth, peace, and sustainability in society."

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Okay, I'm not sure if these articles have been discussed before but if they were, here they are again because they shed a lot of light on the whole K situation.

In this interview, Lana says "The songs are about two people that I couldn’t hang on to because they got in trouble and had to leave." 

Then there's this. "We were both living life on the straight and narrow when we met. And two years into it, I didn’t know it, but he was off doing other things that he got in trouble for." 

So obviously, the first comment is huge because there were two boyfriends who got in "trouble" which, to me means "with the cops" (although I could be wrong, you never know).

And then the second one does not add up with anything we know about K, which then leads me to a bunch of other things that don't add up about K: 

There's the description of a blue haired punk rocker/heavy metal king (Blue Jeans, Birds of a Feather, Smarty) and someone that rocked a golden grill (Daytona Meth, Every Man Gets His Wish, Queen of Disaster, Golden Grill, Velvet Crowbar); there's the references of Lana walking out on someone (Kill Kill, Butterflies which I know could explain it but still) and someone leaving her (Blue Jeans, For K, Living Without You); references of a criminal boyfriend (Live Or Die, Never Let Me Go, Gangsta Boy, Backfire, Dangerous Girl, others), then her comment about not knowing her boyfriend was doing "other things" and that Facebook interview where she mentions someone perfect for her that no longer wanted to live a good life; meeting someone in December (Blue Jeans) and finding someone in summer (Living Without You); okay you get the point.

Basically what I'm saying is there is a lot of evidence that splits up K and the gangsta guy, whoever they may be. Which then splits up the songs we have about them, the timeline of when Lana was dating them, etc etc.

So anyone agree with me here or am I just crazy?

Okay, I'm not sure if these articles have been discussed before but if they were, here they are again because they shed a lot of light on the whole K situation.

In this interview, Lana says "The songs are about two people that I couldn’t hang on to because they got in trouble and had to leave." 

Then there's this. "We were both living life on the straight and narrow when we met. And two years into it, I didn’t know it, but he was off doing other things that he got in trouble for." 

So obviously, the first comment is huge because there were two boyfriends who got in "trouble" which, to me means "with the cops" (although I could be wrong, you never know).

And then the second one does not add up with anything we know about K, which then leads me to a bunch of other things that don't add up about K: 

There's the description of a blue haired punk rocker/heavy metal king (Blue Jeans, Birds of a Feather, Smarty) and someone that rocked a golden grill (Daytona Meth, Every Man Gets His Wish, Queen of Disaster, Golden Grill, Velvet Crowbar); there's the references of Lana walking out on someone (Kill Kill, Butterflies which I know could explain it but still) and someone leaving her (Blue Jeans, For K, Living Without You); references of a criminal boyfriend (Live Or Die, Never Let Me Go, Gangsta Boy, Backfire, Dangerous Girl, others), then her comment about not knowing her boyfriend was doing "other things" and that Facebook interview where she mentions someone perfect for her that no longer wanted to live a good life; meeting someone in December (Blue Jeans) and finding someone in summer (Living Without You); okay you get the point.

Basically what I'm saying is there is a lot of evidence that splits up K and the gangsta guy, whoever they may be. Which then splits up the songs we have about them, the timeline of when Lana was dating them, etc etc.

So anyone agree with me here or am I just crazy?

Although I haven't had evidence to support it, I agree with you completely. Blue Hair Punk Rocker could only be the gangster boy if that's what he evolved into over the two years. That's another reason why I believe K may be two people who's names both start with the letter K rather them being one person with 2 completely different descriptions.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Although I haven't had evidence to support it, I agree with you completely. Blue Hair Punk Rocker could only be the gangster boy if that's what he evolved into over the two years. That's another reason why I believe K may be two people who's names both start with the letter K rather them being one person with 2 completely different descriptions.

Lana has a great fantasy life. someone said that she was just a bookworm. writing about other peoples experiences..

I remember the comment about December/Summer.. I don't know what it was about.. When she met K or someone. I forget. Anyway I was thinking it was December because Lana mentioned if she did a Christmas album or winter album, it's be fucking depressing. I'm running on no sleep forgive me

B8wHSYZ.jpg

What if the songs we have labeled as 'K' are really split between two of her early loves Salvatore and K? K would obviously be her first love and Salvatore was the lover she thought she could change like the rest, and the ocean references are actually about Salvatore (he could also be one of her significant loves in Malibu).

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Wrong thread

There are several theories about that not only the Zeitgeist. Did you ever heard about a book called The Celestine Prophecy? Or the theory of the awakening? It's hard to know what came first, the chicken or the eggs, like what theory came first. I think Lana mentions several spiritual theories in her lyrics, even the term dark paradise is a reference. I don't think she is part of any conspiracy theory moviment but I do think she is more awaere and critic than people give her credit for. The love for what it was and not for what it is now is a message itself imo. 

glgcDdT.gif

What if K stands for Kent and the character "K" is really an amalgamation of her teenage loves. It would also make a lot of sense in the Golden Grill / Gangster vs Blue Hair Pun Rocker.

K mart

glgcDdT.gif