Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

This is a major reach!!

But, Ray?

https://mobile.twitter.com/huntercrowdertv

I found this account from his followers on Twitter. Noticed him after I saw this tweet for the puppy love lyrics thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/IzakR/status/254719475256000512

Maybe, the key to Lana's story isn't with her past but rather with Chuck's. We've found almost everything we could about Lana but Chuck is relatively unknown.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Saw Lana in Sydney yesterday and she started talking about her time living between North Burgen, New Jersey and New York and how she was dating Rob at the time and how he was known as the craziest one. He got a dragon tattoo on his back one day which inspired Yayo  :hooker: : https://twitter.com/bereavedbyyou/status/980783173264072705 

dreaming away your life...

That's the thing with Lana. She was experiencing so much stuff that was driving her lyrics but now she's lowkey rotting in LA and it shows through her music

I don't think her switching up her lyrical topics is necessarily a bad thing but I loved her at first solely because of her love songs

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Well, here goes nothing :facepalm: I've had this theory for years..

So I have gathered similiar lyrics but did consider the "drive by sunday night" reference and the timing is also a bit earlier (making it line up with the release of Sirens). The difference though is that this crime took place in South LA. (We all know she travelled through the USA as mentioned in several songs and videos, I believe this was during her gap year. Tropico proves the LA theory as well)

The double homocide took place on April 6th 2004 (Sunday to Monday night"drive by sunday night" - For K)

at 2AM ("I was shot at 2AM" - Jump -> as in that's when Lana died, too, because she lost him forever because of the crime)

over a drug dispute (I'm not gonna quote obvious themes in her music :toofunny:)

Lana was 18 at the time (gap year)

Two men shot a man and three women (witnesses) in the Nickerson Gardens housing project, two of the women survived and one of them was brave enough to testify (She died September the same year, and her funeral took place in St. Paul's Baptist Chruch ("Swinging in and out of Old Paul's" - Video Games)

Sidenote: This could be a stretch but there's a Willowbrook street and a Willowbrook Park right next to the housing project ("See the willow bowing" - Out With A Bang)

In July 2004 one of the men (K) involved in the shooting was convicted to murder charge (the articles don't say the amount of years but I guess 30 could be it) The jury split about the question of death penalty and the 'phase of the case should be retried'. (Not important but the other man involved had a different trial as he didn't confess)

A piece of information that is missing is when they decided to put him on death row because in 2009 a judge denied to reduce his death sentence that's all I could find.

K was 28/27 in 2004, so he does kinda fall into the older man type. I mean 10 years apart for an 18 year old is a lot imo.

Now, his name is the most mind-blowing piece of information: Kai Harris (as in fucking K, Kai, KAY..)

ITS JUST A THEORY THOUGH :hooker:

PS: He's a lightskin black man ("golden skin" - several songs) with long dark hair (again) and a slender, muscular figure.

No proof that Lana lived in L.A. during her gap year. In fact it’s understood that she moved in with her uncle and aunt in Long Island and worked as a waitress at that time. I wouldn’t believe this even if Lana came out tomorrow and said she lived in L.A. when she was 18 (I wouldn’t put it past her to try to add this mythology to her repertoire). Why wouldn’t I believe it? I need proof to believe things, not theories, not loose connections to her lyrics. This is kind of like musing who “Diet Mountain Dew” is about and looking up guys who drove white Pontiacs in the New York area and randomly tying the song to one of them. Of course we know DMD is about Arthur Lynn because of his repeated references to that drink on his social media(s), but you see what I mean. Not a reliable theory, and in fact it goes against Lana’s documented time with her aunt and uncle. My thoughts? K is a figure dreamt up from books, movies, etc, like much of Lana’s themes. We’d be better off looking for criminals in literature or film whose names start with K, tbh. But I’m of the mind that he’s just a fantasy she made up.

No proof that Lana lived in L.A. during her gap year. In fact it’s understood that she moved in with her uncle and aunt in Long Island and worked as a waitress at that time. I wouldn’t believe this even if Lana came out tomorrow and said she lived in L.A. when she was 18 (I wouldn’t put it past her to try to add this mythology to her repertoire). Why wouldn’t I believe it? I need proof to believe things, not theories, not loose connections to her lyrics

What type of negativity? This thread is full of theories and speculations (which is truly the fun of it). We also discussed her hearing about the story and just being inspired by it. If you don't believe in it (which I don't even really believe in it) that's fine, but you sound like nobody's allowed to post shit on here any more without hacking into her personal data. This thread already dry enough, let people have fun with it.

What type of negativity? This thread is full of theories and speculations (which is truly the fun of it). We also discussed her hearing about the story and just being inspired by it. If you don't believe in it (which I don't even really believe in it) that's fine, but you sound like nobody's allowed to post shit on here any more without hacking into her personal data. This thread already dry enough, let people have fun with it.

Aw haha, I don’t mean to sound negative. I’m sorry. Was just sharing my thoughts.

Ok that Pitchfork interview leak excerpt:

"Actually, I was walking down [?] last night and Zayn Carney, a musician [?] shouted: "Lizzy!" with his brother Reeve Carney, the're amazing musicians" blah blah whatever the audio is unclear

The point is she still hangs out with Reeve sometimes :flutter:

Ok that Pitchfork interview leak excerpt:

"Actually, I was walking down [?] last night and Zayn Carney, a musician [?] shouted: "Lizzy!" with his brother Reeve Carney, the're amazing musicians" blah blah whatever the audio is unclear

The point is she still hangs out with Reeve sometimes :flutter:

What interview?

What interview?

The one from last year, the whole 2 hour thing leaked. Creyk linked a new copy in the thread of the Pitchfork interview since the original got taken off of YouTube, go dig that :kiss:

Alright this is a bit random but she writes a lot about prostituting or stripping for cash and her boyfriend being happy with this in songs, is there any element of truth to this given her addiction to drugs at this time in her life when she was singing about this and which boyfriend could we correlate these songs to e.g.daytona meth,go go dancer,hundred dollar bill,Dance for money

Alright this is a bit random but she writes a lot about prostituting or stripping for cash and her boyfriend being happy with this in songs, is there any element of truth to this given her addiction to drugs at this time in her life when she was singing about this and which boyfriend could we correlate these songs to e.g.daytona meth,go go dancer,hundred dollar bill,Dance for money

I don't think she was ever a stripper, she was just using a certain imagery that she liked & elements that would potentially fit the whole white trailer trash phase she had

Holy smokes. Every time I think Lanalysis is like, over, it just crawls back out of the dead with some head-spinning new info.

Like, how many real life people have been confirmed now?

Bill

Jimmy Gnecco

Arthur Lynn

Reeve Carney (?)

Mike Mizrahi

Josh

Steve Merten

Mr. H

Mikey

Rob

Barrie

Francesco

Some of these weren't relationships but they're still important to understanding her songs. And then there's people we don't even know about, like:

"record executive"

the "guy who ran an underground electronics business"

the "guru/cult leader"

K

I tried to attempt a timeline of all the men we knew about last time but there's just too much info now, wow. And somebody got her property records? :deadbanana:  We really need to collaborate somewhere on updating that opening post... It's 6 years old and it still has Jimmy Gnecco as a potential relationship when we now know he not only wasn't a relationship, but probably not even the subject of that many songs.

So... is Born To Die about multiple people? She said Video Games was about Josh, but then Dark Paradise might be about Rob. What about Blue Jeans, which is supposed to be in a "trilogy" with Video Games/Born To Die (did we ever get receipts for this)? Are Body Electric and Bel-Air also about Rob? Some of UV seems to be about Barrie (Is This Happiness), but Cruel World is very mysterious, and Ultraviolence is about that "guru." Who or what is Terrence?