Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Considering her latest instagram update... I never noticed Josh's girlfriend was Hispanic (or so I think because of her last name). So what about Black Beauty?

I dye my hair a darker shade of brown

'Cause  you like your women Spanish,

Dark, strong and proud

Considering her latest instagram update... I never noticed Josh's girlfriend was Hispanic (or so I think because of her last name). So what about Black Beauty?

I dye my hair a darker shade of brown

'Cause you like your women Spanish,

Dark, strong and proud

You’re onto something. I remember reading comments (or a caption? I don’t remember)on his Instagram a long time ago talking about having social anxiety and hating crowds so maybe he’s the one who saw the world in black and not Barrie after all? Who knows.

You’re onto something. I remember reading comments (or a caption? I don’t remember)on his Instagram a long time ago talking about having social anxiety and hating crowds so maybe he’s the one who saw the world in black and not Barrie after all? Who knows.

Barrie claims (through his It's Barrie James Spotify playlist) that he co-wrote Black Beauty so I doubt they'd write about an ex of hers together tbh.

I think it was both of them celebrating their broken perception of the world and how there's no one else for each of them but the other.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Barrie claims (through his It's Barrie James Spotify playlist) that he co-wrote Black Beauty so I doubt they'd write about an ex of hers together tbh.

I think it was both of them celebrating their broken perception of the world and how there's no one else for each of them but the other.

Oops! I forgot Barrie was a co-writer.

Hey all. Use to be a heavy user here in the past, but took a long break around the time of Honeymoon release. So much to catch up on, especially with this thread! Learning so many new things, especially with this Rob info. It answers a lot, but also open up more questions as well.

- The interview where she describes "Video Games" as dealing with mutual sobriety in a relationship--her and her partner both staying clean.

@@SitarHero, I think this might be it but I can't recall:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9027984/Lana-Del-Rey-interview-new-album-Born-to-Die-is-a-beautiful-thing.html

But its not necessarily about Video Games

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I feel like Million Dollar Man is about K. Since we can assume K is a criminal, and the man in Million Dollar Man is someone Lana describes as "screwed up and brilliant", it seems to make sense. Just a thought though. :D

EDIT: Just read through all 73 pages of this and discovered this has already been covered lol.

Okay, I've held on to this info for a while to make sure when I shared it I had info from various sources and had opinions from a few people to see if this all adds up instead of it being massive reaching on my end. After a few months of digging, I think it's safe to say the identity of K has been cracked.

First, Josh's last name begins with K.

In 2008 him and Lizzy were posting things to each other (relationship wise) and he changed his relationship status to married around Dec. 11th, 2008 (based on someone commenting on a post asking when he got married - this could also explain why she wore a wedding around that time)

Josh plays World Of Warcraft (the game referenced in Video Games that Lana has mentioend before)

He said Video Games was about him

They lived together at one point based on statuses and pictures

He has a lot of tattoos which could represent the Born To Die / Blue Jeans guy (which could fit into the 'K Triology')

There's a pic of him sitting on the couch playing bass (lyrics - You play the bass)

There's a pic of them doing dishes where he said "dishes with dolly" (lyrics - I'm his little dolly.. yaaaaas @ Noir being about Josh!!!)

He also had Lolita lyrics in his 'about me' on Facebook until recently - which could mean a lot of the daddy songs are about him even though they're around the same age (ageplaying / roleplaying?)

Josh's tattoo development aligns almost perfectly with the Born To Die and Blue Jeans releases if he's the inspiration behind them

I feel like a lot of people still talk about Mike, Arthur and Steve when it comes to her songs, as well as the new info of Josh... But what about the Million Dollar Man? Did we ever pin point who this was? He def plays a vital role in her lyrics. But because his story deals with "going away," which can be interpreted as jail or even death, his story has now been mixed in with Rob.

We know that...

• Million Dollar Man is about a guy running an illegal business, and was later sent to prison for it.
  • We know that Lana keeps in touch with one of her ex's mom, and that she doesn't know exactly where he his.
In the past, I always interpreted this as he (the million dollar man), was dead. Since of how severe the crime was, she wasn't sure if he was in heaven or hell. This concept plays into Young&Beautiful, during the bridge where she makes her plea with God to bring her man into heaven with her.

But now this new info of Rob..., gets me thinking this whole death narrative is about him and not MDM. Which makes total sense. I mean, being on death row for running an illegal electronic business?? I guess we can conclude that MDM is still alive, but stuck in the prison system. But we don't have a name for him, right?

In conclusion:

I think in the end, Rob + Million Dollar Man = K

Lana did always talk about the tendency of combining 2 guys together into 1 song. 

Illegal crimes, drugs, overdoses, rehab, jail/prison.... They're all ingredients to the K narrative.

Okay so now we know this is about Rob, whom she met when she was 19 (2005ish), living in Jersey, had a big impact on her and passed away. 

Rob was a friend of Mikey Martin's who she was rumored to date as well. Did she date both of them? 

"i am sleeping with your best friends" teas (Get Drunk recorded in 2007).

Also Mikey's from SoCal, so if Rob is too..."it only takes 2 hours to Nevada"

We have so much more information now 

Anybody have any other info?

To go with the above,

He died on December 30, 2011 from heroin.

Also found references to Mountain Dew and the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" on his page.

He was also bouncing around a bit between Santa Monica & New York... "back to Santa Monica, New York to LA"

Lana just revealed a huge trove of potential information for us lol

guessing it means she has more than one friend/lover who passed away...lanalysis is alive and breathing forever

I think so too for many reasons but this is the most obvious

Just from this line alone

“Life rocked me like Mötley bad beginning to my new year” he died dec 30 2011.

https://twitter.com/lizzyskid/status/986018692587716609?s=21

More about Rob!! Apparently she was dating his friend first? Anybody know who that could be?

Now i'm in the process of re-listening to everything Lana! Need to pinpoint everything Rob related to her music!

But can we assume that the mom she keeps in touch with is Rob's mom?

What do you think are the songs Lana has written about Rob? Besides Yayo and Heroin

Blue Jeans. Video Games too, if you go by what she said in this interview about "mutual sobriety" http://www.telegraph...iful-thing.html

Hey all. Use to be a heavy user here in the past, but took a long break around the time of Honeymoon release. So much to catch up on, especially with this thread! Learning so many new things, especially with this Rob info. It answers a lot, but also open up more questions as well.

I feel like a lot of people still talk about Mike, Arthur and Steve when it comes to her songs, as well as the new info of Josh... But what about the Million Dollar Man? Did we ever pin point who this was? He def plays a vital role in her lyrics. But because his story deals with "going away," which can be interpreted as jail or even death, his story has now been mixed in with Rob.

We know that...

• Million Dollar Man is about a guy running an illegal business, and was later sent to prison for it.
  • We know that Lana keeps in touch with one of her ex's mom, and that she doesn't know exactly where he his.
In the past, I always interpreted this as he (the million dollar man), was dead. Since of how severe the crime was, she wasn't sure if he was in heaven or hell. This concept plays into Young&Beautiful, during the bridge where she makes her plea with God to bring her man into heaven with her.

But now this new info of Rob..., gets me thinking this whole death narrative is about him and not MDM. Which makes total sense. I mean, being on death row for running an illegal electronic business?? I guess we can conclude that MDM is still alive, but stuck in the prison system. But we don't have a name for him, right?

In conclusion:

I think in the end, Rob + Million Dollar Man = K

Lana did always talk about the tendency of combining 2 guys together into 1 song. 

Illegal crimes, drugs, overdoses, rehab, jail/prison.... They're all ingredients to the K narrative.

Now i'm in the process of re-listening to everything Lana! Need to pinpoint everything Rob related to her music!

But can we assume that the mom she keeps in touch with is Rob's mom?

Blue Jeans. Video Games too, if you go by what she said in this interview about "mutual sobriety" http://www.telegraph...iful-thing.html

The guy Josh is 20 years sober, just thought i'd say. I looked through his girlfriends instagram when Lana posted about them a few weeks ago and she made a post congratulating him on 20 years of something, she never said what and he replied in the comments saying "sometimes you need to be quit drinking for 2 decades to land your dream girl" or something like that.

Was on March 25th this year...

• erinypinedaHe says it’s just another day and he’s taking one day at a time, which is probably why the day turned into 20 years. I am in awe of you @illegal_drvgs. Happy 20 years!

• illegal_drvgsSometimes you gotta not drink for 20 years to land the girl of your dreams #sobes

The guy Josh is 20 years sober, just thought i'd say. I looked through his girlfriends instagram when Lana posted about them a few weeks ago and she made a post congratulating him on 20 years of something, she never said what and he replied in the comments saying "sometimes you need to be quit drinking for 2 decades to land your dream girl" or something like that.

Was on March 25th this year...

• erinypinedaHe says it’s just another day and he’s taking one day at a time, which is probably why the day turned into 20 years. I am in awe of you @illegal_drvgs. Happy 20 years!

• illegal_drvgsSometimes you gotta not drink for 20 years to land the girl of your dreams #sobes

Thank you for sharing this! Def need to add this into the equation and re-calculate everything...

Thank you for sharing this! Def need to add this into the equation and re-calculate everything...

He also must have worked in a bar, I wonder if the song "Bartender" would be about him...

• illegal_drvgsI spent at least a third of my life in Brooklyn at @lodgenyc . I’m heartbroken to learn of its closing. For someone with extreme social anxiety, that place really taught me how to interact with people. Thank you for some of the best memories of my life and for allowing me to meet some of the greatest people I’ve ever known.... including Grimace.

27890951_498453153882723_734507468674249

Sorry if this is a fake stan question, but years ago when Lana said "she's always singing about the same person/she'll love him forever," was she talking about Josh who recently got married? Or someone else?

She mentions journaling sometimes, it would be good if she has written down a lot of stuff and can at some point release a really in depth autobiography of her life even if its in 30 years. She's really interesting as her music comes across very personal but yet everything is really just left to guessing as she rarely reveals the people and you can never really tell if a new song is about something more recent or reflecting on 5 or 10 years ago.

One of her songs that mentions "i'll love you forever" is Ultraviolence, im not sure who or what people think that song is about though - i've even seen people saying its about alcohol.

One of her songs that mentions "i'll love you forever" is Ultraviolence, im not sure who or what people think that song is about though - i've even seen people saying its about alcohol.

He said it himself in an Instagram comment I believe. There's only track of it on Lanaism site, but Lanaism is a legit source, I can assure we always post stuff we've double checked.

http://www.lanadelrey.pl/jimmy-gnecco-wypowiada-sie-o-piosence-ultraviolence/

I don't wanna put words in his mouth and alter English-Polish-English do just use Google Translate I'd say! :toofunny:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

He said it himself in an Instagram comment I believe. There's only track of it on Lanaism site, but Lanaism is a legit source, I can assure we always post stuff we've double checked.

http://www.lanadelrey.pl/jimmy-gnecco-wypowiada-sie-o-piosence-ultraviolence/

I don't wanna put words in his mouth and alter English-Polish-English do just use Google Translate I'd say! :toofunny:

Would make sense if it was about Alcohol as the song does sound like it is about real violvence/domestic violence but if Lana had suffered from that she would probably have made other songs about it but there are no others(I dont think?).

Would make sense if it was about Alcohol as the song does sound like it is about real violvence/domestic violence but if Lana had suffered from that she would probably have made other songs about it but there are no others(I dont think?).

Her music is steeped in references to alcohol, but not in an overt way. She compares alcohol to love and (in her more recent albums) love to fame:

Ultraviolence:
Jim raised me up / He hurt me but it felt like true love
Crying tears of gold like lemonade.

Music to Watch Boys to:
Nothing gold can stay / Like love or lemonade.

Cherry:
Love, I said real love, is like feelin' no fear / When you're standin' in the face of danger / 'Cause you just want it so much
Love, I said real love, it's like smilin' when the firing squad's against you / And you just stay lined up

The last line in cherry seems to allude to her being photographed on a red carpet where she's being "shot". 

From GQ interview (2012): "When I write about the thing that I've lost I feel like I'm writing about alcohol because that was the first love of my life."

Her first love was alcohol, her new love is fame.

Her music is steeped in references to alcohol, but not in an overt way. She compares alcohol to love and (in her more recent albums) love to fame:

Ultraviolence:
Jim raised me up / He hurt me but it felt like true love
Crying tears of gold like lemonade.

Music to Watch Boys to:
Nothing gold can stay / Like love or lemonade.

Cherry:
Love, I said real love, is like feelin' no fear / When you're standin' in the face of danger / 'Cause you just want it so much
Love, I said real love, it's like smilin' when the firing squad's against you / And you just stay lined up

The last line in cherry seems to allude to her being photographed on a red carpet where she's being "shot". 

From GQ interview (2012): "When I write about the thing that I've lost I feel like I'm writing about alcohol because that was the first love of my life."

Her first love was alcohol, her new love is fame.

Do you think she loves fame though? she always comes across pretty shy to me and very awkward at Red Carpets or when being interviewed and things like that and even doesn't seem to like being on video or even making music videos and does hardly any things for publicity like radio and TV.

To me it seems like she would like a more normal life of just going about like to the beach, going to the studio to work, going for coffee and food with friends, going shopping and blending in rather than loving fame and attention and wanting to be seen as a big star.

Do you think she loves fame though? she always comes across pretty shy to me and very awkward at Red Carpets or when being interviewed and things like that and even doesn't seem to like being on video or even making music videos and does hardly any things for publicity like radio and TV.

To me it seems like she would like a more normal life of just going about like to the beach, going to the studio to work, going for coffee and food with friends, going shopping and blending in rather than loving fame and attention and wanting to be seen as a big star.

I don't know... Based on the lyrics in Cherry she seems to have some sort of hate/love relationship with fame, imo...