Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

We can feed each other if you know what I mean. ;)

I'm too dumb to understand :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Isn't Radio about him? Just thought that since it was the last song she wrote before releaseing BtD. And I think she said that it had to do with people liking her 'cause she was playing on the radio. Anyways, she said she'll always love that past love of hers, so Barrie should know that and just decided that it doesn't really do anything or something like that.

I've been thinking Radio is about fame, or Los Angeles. But I don't know.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I just thought she said something like what said in a interview ages ago, hahha. But I haven't listend to Radio for a while, so idk if it really fits eitherway.

Yeah, she said in an interview that's only available on facebook that it was about a guy who came back once she started getting more popular but she didn't mind b/c she was just happy he was back and her life was ~sweet like cinnamon~

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I've been thinking Radio is about fame, or Los Angeles. But I don't know.

Well, she said in this interview that "Radio" is about someone who came back into her life (after 2:10, my favourite interview). I don't think it's for Barrie.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well, she said in this interview that "Radio" is about someone who came back into her life (after 2:10, my favourite interview). I don't think it's for Barrie.

yes that's exactly what I was thinking too

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I think you are reading waaay too much into all of this. My friend is a songwriter, and while he writes from experience, he also writes from the experiences of those around him, but makes them personal. If someone who didn't know him read them, they would assume it's all about him... he's inspired by friends, movies (and Lana is so inpired by film noir), news reports, books.. LIFE, just not always his.

Ruining tha fun :what:

Isn't Radio about him? Just thought that since it was the last song she wrote before releaseing BtD. And I think she said that it had to do with people liking her 'cause she was playing on the radio. Anyways, she said she'll always love that past love of hers, so Barrie should know that and just decided that it doesn't really do anything or something like that.

Only MAYBE, because it's about a man coming back into her life. When would she have met a Scottish guy in a shitty band before going to festivals and such once she was famous?

Try this on for size for "Radio": Mike Mizrahi, now married, strayed back to her after seeing her success with "Video Games" because he's an asshole who loves her success and they had a shameless affair but she loved him so much and she doesn't give a fuck so she didn't really care that he was married.

Because she was born to be the other woman.

And she knows his wife, she wouldn't mind.

:legend:

I have a theory that she writes every song (or at least some of them) about two different people. That would explain why nothing seems to fit together. Also, in Without You she sings "But burned into my brain all these stolen images / Can you picture it? Babe, that life we could've lived"

So I believe she's always singing about the life she wished she could've had with K but through the relationships she's having with other men.

Another theory I have is that she dated K before she went to boarding school, when she was around the age of 12. That would make the Lolita-references more logical (Lolita was about 12, or so I recall). Then when she was 14/15 he went to prison, she was sent to boarding school and at around 17/18 he was sentenced to death (For K Part 1). Then at 18 he died and she went to rehab, maybe after having a relapse and trying to kill herself?

In BTD she sings:

"Feet don't fail me now / Take me to the finish line / Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take / But I'm hoping at the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine"

And in Dark Paradise "But I wish I was dead / Dead like you"

To me it sounds like she wants to join him in heaven which she also seem to sing about in Burning Desire:

"Drive fast, flash, everyone knows it,

I'm trying to get to you baby,

I'm feeling scared and you know it"

Hopefully all of that made some sense because I'm still confused :pft:

Also, I believe the guy that Radio is about might be the same guy she talks about in this interview.

She says she's staying with her ex in Williamsburg, so... does anyone know who that might be? It might not be the same guy Radio is about because the interview was in February, so again, the time line doesn't match up.

I'm also pretty sure Ride is about Barrie.

I just realised... when she sings Bill, maybe she means bill as in money? Hundred Dollar Bill, for example. It's a bit of a stretch but it might be worth sharing.

Edit: Read through this comment again and I think I've worded myself in a weird way. I mean that for example in Trash Magic when she sings "Yes Bill, I will", Bill is not a person, it's money, so she's really saying "Yes, for money, I will".

I kinda have the feeling that Lana wants to be a Lolita. I don't think she necessarily was one. In her old homemade music videos she's still acting quite childish and cute because that's what she wants to be seen like.

She has this vision of a relationship in which she is the young, innocent little girlsand the man is an old, mean, strong bad guy. She wants to be a helpless little girl being saved by a strong, experienced man.

That's just my impression. But I think she's grown out of that since Barrie isn't that much older than her and she seems stronger and more confident now.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Also, I believe the guy that Radio is about might be the same guy she talks about in this interview.

She says she's staying with her ex in Williamsburg, so... does anyone know who that might be? It might not be the same guy Radio is about because the interview was in February, so again, the time line doesn't match up.

Well, Jimmy Gnecco lives in Bogota, New Jersey so it's not him. I think Reeve Carney lives in New York so it could be him. Most possibly, it's somebody we don't know about.

I kinda have the feeling that Lana wants to be a Lolita. I don't think she necessarily was one.

that's the feeling I got too! Like it was a running theme that she obsessed over for a large amount of time and wanted to incorporate into her life/style, but not that she necessarily lived it at that teenage age.

I have gold in my veins

that's the feeling I got too! Like it was a running theme that she obsessed over for a large amount of time and wanted to incorporate into her life/style, but not that she necessarily lived it at that teenage age.

no, i disagree~ i think she was in a few lolita-esque relationships

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

no, i disagree~ i think she was in a few lolita-esque relationships

Why do you think that?

I don't think she would romanticize and cherish the idea this way if she actually was in a lolita-esque relationship. Maybe we're very different people, but in my own experience it's something I cringe over and try to forget it actually happened.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif