PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana Del Rey Interview with Grazia

{{{ Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.}}} 

Lana is clearly talking about LORDE here and have you guys noticed Lorde clearly copied the rhyming sequence of ROYALS from OFF TO THE RACES (swimming pool,glimmering darling and chorus of royals sound similar )

Swimming pool glimmering darling

White bikini off with my red nail polish

Watch me in the swimming pool bright blue ripples you

Sitting sipping on your black Cristal

Oh yeah

But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom

Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,

We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.

But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece.

Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.

We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair..

well maybe, but something about Lorde fucking her way up to the top just seems hilarious to me lol. like, I don't think so, I don't know..

Hmm, maybe not now, but when they were both on the NYC ~indie~ see together they did know each other and Gaga did sort of cycle through styles and was an acoustic tortured soul for a bit. Also The Fame had a lot of glamour/death by opulence/I love a bad boy themes. If BTD, or even LDRakaLG came out in 2009 I could see them being compared.

ditto

Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.

But now you have to tell us who you’re talking about.

Unfortunately I can’t, you know?

So Legit part 2

My new anthem!!!

1361.gif

You’re looking like a man, you’re talking like a baby

y3o.gif

How the fuck is your song in a Coke commercial, crazy

Hoping its about Lorde though  :teehee:

nah she's talking about 2011 and onward It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. and I really doubt it's about Gaga because a) I'd worry about her mental health if she'd seriously make an entire track about Gaga wearing a smiliar outfit as Lana for one random event plus b) Lana hates public scrutiny so for her to attack an artist as big as Gaga was/is doesn't make any sense when she knows the media will be ALL over it. Not to mention the amount of shit she'd get from Gaga's fans (which a lot of are also fans of Lana). She craves validation and praise but it's weird as fuck that she'd reply with this shady answer when she knows people will reach any far fetched conclusion and might even bring up that old Gaga vs Lana feud again....so strange.

But anything to get that Ultraviolence buzz I guess <3

You might be right, but Lana is such a shady bitch I'm here for it either way. She did say the artist was successful, so even if it's not gaga, she's going for someone relevant. I wish Lily Allen name checked Lana in one of her misguided rants so I could speculate about that possibility  :flutter:

tZ7WN4B.gif

You might be right, but Lana is such a shady bitch I'm here for it either way. She did say the artist was successful, so even if it's not gaga, she's going for someone relevant. I wish Lily Allen name checked Lana in one of her misguided rants so I could speculate about that possibility  :flutter:

Exactly, whoever it is it's someone well known. But since I really can't come up with anyone who has outright copied Lana's aesthetics and is at the top of the industry right now (or was since 2011/2012), I feel like this person maybe doesn't exist and she's trying to stir some drama up for the sake of some UV promo (I wonder which person in her team suggested it) 

or she just thinks it's fun for people to think she's talking about Gaga. 

Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.

Dunno who that bitch is but she gonna get slayed real hard

Exactly, whoever it is it's someone well known. But since I really can't come up with anyone who has outright copied Lana's aesthetics and is at the top of the industry right now (or was since 2011/2012), I feel like this person maybe doesn't exist and she's trying to stir some drama up for the sake of some UV promo (I wonder which person in her team suggested it) 

or she just thinks it's fun for people to think she's talking about Gaga. 

If she wanted UV promo by stirring up controversy she wouldn't have gone to "Grazia", C'mon now  :bye:

Never even heard of that magazine until today  :lmao:

If she wanted UV promo by stirring up controversy she wouldn't have gone to "Grazia", C'mon now  :bye:

Never even heard of that magazine until today  :lmao:

She knows her rabid fans will find and dig up anything. You don't even know the amount of random shit/quotes she's said to foreign media outlets that have blown up and been shared everywhere. Perhaps she's not as caluclating as I think she's being though...who knows

but I'm going to need the lyrics for that track right now  :xgiggle:

Maybe we'll get hints in the song when we're able to hear it. Fucked My Way to the Top has always been a song that has peaked my interest (for obvious reasons) but now it's even MORE interesting. Who is everybody that has dissed Lana? I think it would be easier if we looked at the list, looked at their criticism, and see if there has been similarities after that. Also, it doesn't have to be a style copying but it could be a music copying. Did Gaga ever diss Lana because I don't remember her. Unless it was never a public diss and it was one before each became successful.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

I don't think it is about Lorde or Gaga. I think it maybe about someone who was in indie and somehow went mainstream for ripping off her sound. Lorde or Gaga doesn't sound like Lana's music nor do they really do similar work. Except for gaga and Lana having long music videos. The way Lana words it makes it seem like someone who got successful before she did. I don't know who though.

#subtletyLana

At first I thought she was talking about Lorde, cause she did call Lana's music "irrelevant" and people have compared their music and said it was in some ways similar in style. And of course GaGa is nothing like Lana and she's past her fifteen minuted any way so there's no point (no offense GaGa fans) Then I realised it would be crazy for Lana to trash a seventeen year old for a few harsh remarks but then again, Lana's been known to make bold choices before.

I so want to see Lana have beautiful babies, I always thought she'd be the type to say "My life is too complex for children". But I'm glad to see she's planning on settling down, it'd be nice for once to have a musician like her live a normal life and live to an old age rather than go on a self destructive rampage and O.D naked in their bed at the age of 30. Maybe we could even get a song about her kids being addicted to minecraft.

:flutter: