PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana Del Rey Interview with Grazia

I feel like it's about like the history , I don't think it's Lorde! I mean my only guest would be Lizzy or Gaga, the fact that they have so much history that we know nothing about. I mean they were both in New York with Bob leone and didn't he always prefer gaga over her? And gaga was like a Gogo dancer or whatever.. I mean the only way we know about that is because So Legit leaked so there must be more beef to where that came from! Either way it sounds hot and I'm ready

I'm really surprised she want children! I thought we'd get an answer like the feminist one tbh. I think it's so sweet, and it really shows how mature she is. I'm sure her babies would be oh so beautiful  :flutter:

For all we know, the song title could be sarcastic -- so Lana isn't sayin' Lorde sucked any dick to get to where she is, but that she totally did -- because that's what everyone thinks. :teehee:

Gaga's never acknowledged Lana's existence, so that pretty much rules her out of this.

rihKQ8M.gif

I love how this interwiev is less whiny and depressive.

The first thing that came to my mind when she talked about the gurur was "Oh, so that's the original daddy!"

About the FMWUTTT-thing:

I don't think it's about Gaga. Gaga never officially critisized Lana and I don't see any similarities in her style. Of course, the feud could have been taking place in the "so legit" time, meaning that Gaga talked bad about Lana while being in the indie-underground-scene. But the sentence "people believe her, she's really successful" kind of indicates that the person Lana talks about critisized her in front of the mainstream audience.

Becuase of that I thinkn it's Lorde. Lorde sneered around a lot in front of the press, who aready often critized Lana for being too atificial. And Lorde's style is often compared to Lana's.

I don't think the line "Fucked My Way Up To The Top" has to refer to the singer lana's talking about, maybe she's ironically using this line to taunt the other singer with her own critic (in an exaggerated way, like "yeah, you're real art whilst I just fucked my way up to the top"). If you see it this way, the song could still refer to Lorde very well, without assuming that Lorde "fucked her way up tot he top". She's ridiculing the other singer by frankly singing this very catchy and controversial line, but so ironically that everyone sees that she#s not admitting something but making fun of someone else who critisized her. And I don't thin Lana will restrain to diss a 17y old. Remember her bitchy yt-comments? I would really like to see how she's using Lorde's face to mob the floor!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Yup that does make sense :D !!! M glad that Lana is finally addressing that whiny little bitch Lorde......Lana struggled for years to perfect her style and lorde just comes along steals her style of singing and then keeps dissing Lana everytime ....I'm really sick of Lorde !!! Its KARMA BIIITCH!! Lordes getting what she deserves !! I can't wait to hear FMWUTTT :D !!!!!!

Yup that does make sense :D !!! M glad that Lana is finally addressing that whiny little bitch Lorde......Lana struggled for years to perfect her style and lorde just comes along steals her style of singing and then keeps dissing Lana everytime ....I'm really sick of Lorde !!! Its KARMA BIIITCH!! Lordes getting what she deserves !! I can't wait to hear FMWUTTT :D !!!!!!

If you think Lorde's music is similar to Lana's music in anyway, you're kind of really wrong. They sing about really different things, and Lorde's comment about Lana is viable and she even admitted multiple times that she enjoys Lana's music and visuals, even quoting her as a caption of an Instagram post or something like that. I don't think it's Lorde, and if it's her, then I think Lana's being extremely petty about it-- the only thing Lorde's said about Lana was the feminism thing.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Are these two comments really enough to warrant a pressed diss track, from a woman who is 30 next year, to a 17 year old girl

“Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey,” Lorde told Interview magazine. “They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn’t relate to me—or anyone that I knew. I began thinking, ‘How are we listening to this? It’s completely irrelevant.’”

“I think a lot of women in this industry maybe aren’t doing so well for the girls. I’ve read interviews where certain big female stars are like, “I’m not a feminist.” I’m like, That’s not what it’s about.”

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: “I’m nothing without you.” This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

Lana dissed everyone in the music industry when she said this:

EB: You don’t feel you have a group of people in music who you necessarily connect to—a scene, let’s say, or a group of peers? 

LDR: These people don’t actually care about music and art. They want to be cool.” I never met anyone who cared about music as deeply as me and my boyfriend, or who really cared about poetry—who really lived it and breathed it. I haven’t met anyone so far. I just can’t affiliate with those people.

I know Lana has NPD but like grow up honey you're 30 next year.

http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/lana-del-rey-interview/#sthash.LFOzd3b3.dpuf

If you think Lorde's music is similar to Lana's music in anyway, you're kind of really wrong. They sing about really different things, and Lorde's comment about Lana is viable and she even admitted multiple times that she enjoys Lana's music and visuals, even quoting her as a caption of an Instagram post or something like that. I don't think it's Lorde, and if it's her, then I think Lana's being extremely petty about it-- the only thing Lorde's said about Lana was the feminism thing.

Ummmm dude I didn't say Lorde's music is similar to Lana's , I said Lorde has a similar style of singing to Lana's (baby voice)  and yea Lorde has bitched a lot about Lana in the past.

Are these two comments really enough to warrant a pressed diss track, from a woman who is 30 next year, to a 17 year old girl

“Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey,” Lorde told Interview magazine. “They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn’t relate to me—or anyone that I knew. I began thinking, ‘How are we listening to this? It’s completely irrelevant.’”

“I think a lot of women in this industry maybe aren’t doing so well for the girls. I’ve read interviews where certain big female stars are like, “I’m not a feminist.” I’m like, That’s not what it’s about.”

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: “I’m nothing without you.” This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

Lana dissed everyone in the music industry when she said this:

EB: You don’t feel you have a group of people in music who you necessarily connect to—a scene, let’s say, or a group of peers? 

LDR: These people don’t actually care about music and art. They want to be cool.” I never met anyone who cared about music as deeply as me and my boyfriend, or who really cared about poetry—who really lived it and breathed it. I haven’t met anyone so far. I just can’t affiliate with those people.

I know Lana has NPD but like grow up honey you're 30 next year.

http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/lana-del-rey-interview/#sthash.LFOzd3b3.dpuf

Well we'll know in a weeks time who FMWUTTT is about. Till then we can only speculate who the track might be about and the one who disses Lana the most is Lorde so put two and two together and figure it out LoooL ..........Anyways I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.

There are a lot of b*tchfight between grown up women and men in the music industry, so it wouldn't be that unusual. We know Lana is very sensetive (remember all her nice YT comments?) and lashes out at persons who she thinks may attack her. We also know that she takes critic very personal, so .. yeah, could end up this way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Best case scenario for me is she's slinging shit at the journalist in order to drum up interest (or that the song will relate to a fictional character, or just herself). Hope it's not Lorde.

Well we'll know in a weeks time who FMWUTTT is about. Till then we can only speculate who the track might be about and the one who disses Lana the most is Lorde so put two and two together and figure it out LoooL ..........Anyways I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.

There are the only two comments she's made about Lana, I don't know you make it sound like she lives her life dissing Lana, you got any more comments where she mentions her? Just interested to know as I haven't come across any other comments than these two.

Cause tbh saying a group of peoples music isn't relevant to you and your mates because you are 16 and it's just not relevant to you personally or that you think someone is great but didn't really agree with some of the content of their lyrics isn't a diss, it's mostly known an an opinion. 

i think fucked my way up to the top is about like, screwing up. As in, "I fucked up, now im at the top". 

And the only *famous* person that I know that has actually dissed lana is lorde, however I don't think lorde copied her at all.

I honestly don't think it's about Lorde because it's too recent and all of her songs are rooted into things that happened in the past. I mean Lana is almost 30, Lorde is 17, what kinda grown ass woman would pick on a 17 year old ? especially in these circumstances. Lorde changes her opinions every other week anyway.

The only reasonable assumption would be that it's about Gaga, since it's the only "beef" she's ever had with anyone (So legit, I mean c'mon)+ the interviewer brought her up in another question before this one, which I think made her a little more fired up + the whole "art" comment.

Or she's just fucking with us.

You're still here you toothless Lana hater (shark avi :facepalm:​ )?  You are the one who slandered her in the Rolling Stone comments section with that stupid theory that she's is envious of Cobain?!

Anyway, we don't know who's she talking about so we have to wait for the song. Lana has strong emotions I wouldn't want to be hated by her. But If she really is talking about somebody else then her in FMWUTTT it's just bad karma and pointless artistically.