PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana Del Rey Interview with Grazia

I really hope this track will obviously be about Gaga, otherwise people will have more reason to mention Lana and that frogface trash abomination together :wtf:

:wtf:

are u talking about Lorde lmfaoooo 

The difference is that she's not name-dropping anyone, even in the track (as the interview seems to indicate anyway,) and I don't know why she can't write a song about someone attacking her as an artist without it having to be a diss song and not just a plain, "fuck off," self-assuring kind of song. But either way, I have always loved a good "back at'cha" track, and I personally don't think there's anything petty about it that isn't entertaining. Mariah/Eminem, Nicki/Kim, Eamon/Frankee, etc., they're all still alive and well. Let's not make this track more than it probably is, we don't even know the approach she's going to take.

But that's just me, I'm not particularly worried about her dragging anyone. I'm just as excited for the song just as much as the rest of them.

Don't shoot me but that Taylor Swift Trouble vid with Reeve Carney was just  :lel:

(Don't actually believe it's about her but I just wanted to point that out once again :flop:)

Does Taylor's song "The Lucky One" strengthen this as a possibility?

THE SHADE :shock: I just really don't think this song would be about Lorde. I do not see how Lorde has jacked Lana's style, and I don't think Lana would compare Lorde to herself in anyway. Besides, I like to think that Lana is above getting so butthurt from a teenager. I frankly don't see Lana giving Lorde much thought, and probably just doesn't care about her. I think that the most probable reason for this situation to have arisen is from Lana having previously known whoever she is talking about. Someone from her Lizzy days to like the BTD release.

GaGa really is the first person to come to mind for me. I can see some aesthetic and lyrical similarities to The Fame and some Lizzy stuff. :pft: Time will tell. but i still don't think its lorde

2dt29zc.jpg

are u talking about Lorde lmfaoooo 

u don't think calling someone frog faced trash is more offensive than calling someone retarded 

i mean i don't get offended by much of anything but i just wanted to clarify lel 

ZRBNill.jpg

Sometimes Lana really makes me shake my head in disappointment. She really thinks she and Barrie are the only true artists with 60s/70s souls~~~left, doesn't she? And everyone else is just in it for the money and they even jack her style, poor thing! If it ends up being about Gaga or Lorde, I'll be incredibly disappointed because she really doesn't have a case against either of them. She and Gaga may have known each other and though she obviously can't stand Gaga, what did Gaga "copy" from her? Musically, nothing. Stylistically, nothing - Gaga being an extravagant fashion disaster is pretty well documented since she started in "the scene," while Lana, by her own words, is pretty plain. Thematically.... what? What is it that people see in The Fame that could even remotely be influenced by Lana? "Bad boy" themes? Gaga did have a tumultuous and strenuous relationship with Luc for a long while, as well as a difficult relationship with her producer, Fusari. I guess you could call that fucking your way up to the top, but that's not copying. TF is sex, money, glamour, themes that have been popular in music long before Lana and Gaga were born. The thing that makes me think it might be Gaga is that she says that she, Lana, is seen as "the art project" while the other artist is a "super real artist," and Gaga has been trying to talk art for a while. Still, I don't think people "believe" Gaga as much as Lana thinks people believe this person.

And Lorde copying Lana... because she has a monopoly on hip-hop beats, low voices, and sadness? Lorde's work is about suburban ennui, not remotely comparable to Lana's work (and that one person who compared the rhythm of OTTR to Royals... one, they're not as similar as you think, two, the similarity between them is an incredibly common beat you'll run across in any music class; nobody can lay claim to it). Lorde has called Lana's work irrelevant to her life, which out of context sounds like an ATRL type diss, but... I really hope Lana isn't petty enough to talk smack about a 17 year old for vague musical similarities and daring to have an opinion.

I was looking forward to FMW, but if it ends up being a So Legit-style track, I'll be disappointed. I was hoping for her to expand on her statement that sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere anymore because it's "not the 50s," and what she said about the record executive (Arthur Lynn?) whom she dated for 7 years (?!? what). I hope that people here are right and she's just drumming up publicity/exaggerating one line of her song.

The mom stuff was interesting. Gramma Del Rey's gonna leave the lights on.

lmao at people already taking for granted FMWUTTT is a diss song directed towards Gaga or Lorde  :bye:

right? come on

I really hope this track will obviously be about Gaga, otherwise people will have more reason to mention Lana and that frogface trash abomination together

are we back to slagging lorde off again?

:stop:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.