clayford13

Promo Single: "BROOKLYN BABY" (June 8)

With each track disclosed I get the feeling this would be an exquisite album, life saving material. Brooklyn Baby took me to Paradise... Kill me kindly, doll.

:)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Lana should consider writing more songs with Barrie. BKLB is the ultimate hipster anthem and its the best track from UV so far. Its lyrically also strong.I think its a lovely and sweet track. My fav part is near the end where barrie joins it just..well it makes me speachless. To put it this way this has knocked NA off my number 1 fav LDR track and its been replaced by this masterpiece.

I actually don't think it sounds like Barrie.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

the lyrics are more playful than pretentious

she kind of pokes fun at herself... no?

yeah i think shes meaning it tongue in cheek

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Yeah, me too however I can't sing it, each time I've tried I ended up singing Summertime Sadness  :toofunny:

The melodies of both songs are similar at one point, but the SS one is stronger... I don't know if this makes any sense lol

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Yeah, me too however I can't sing it, each time I've tried I ended up singing Summertime Sadness  :toofunny:

The melodies of both songs are similar at one point, but the SS one is stronger... I don't know if this makes any sense lol

I know what you mean. The very first time I heard the Brooklyn Baby snippet, it instantly reminded me of Summertime Sadness. I haven't managed to get them mixed up though... yet.  :candy:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Hello dear earthlings,

I have listened to the new song of Lana del Rey, called Brooklyn Baby.  :bop:

And you will be glad to know that my honorable and distinguished person appreciate it a lot.

Good job lana  :gclap:

But I have to admit I still prefer Black Beauty  :flutter:

:hooker:

Hm, well, "Brooklyn Baby" is nice but I'm a bit underwhelmed - "Ultraviolence" is my favorite of the new songs so far. And I'm asking myself if the entire UV-album will contain only slow(er) songs like the once we know yet? I'm still hoping for at least some faster tracks!

so when i heard the male vocals i thought of elvis... like she dubbed in his voice? that or johnny cash? which is it? lol i know its probably barrie ... its better then any of the singles released yet.... west coast being second. shades of cool are ok, ultravioence is decent....  the only two songs i kinda dont care so much for are "The lucky ones" and "ultraviolence" but thats out of what? all 3 albums, unreleased material ... b-SIDES, REMIXES... so i am pretty sold in my interests for her..

i have been waiting for a week and half for this song.. spending hours upon hours searching online for it.. lol i even made the snippet my text ringtone! lol now i am in heaven.. her music is hypnotic ...like your on drugs. am i the only one that feels like this?

so when i heard the male vocals i thought of elvis... like she dubbed in his voice? that or johnny cash? which is it? lol i know its probably barrie ... its better then any of the singles released yet.... west coast being second. shades of cool are ok, ultravioence is decent....  the only two songs i kinda dont care so much for are "The lucky ones" and "ultraviolence" but thats out of what? all 3 albums, unreleased material ... b-SIDES, REMIXES... so i am pretty sold in my interests for her..

i have been waiting for a week and half for this song.. spending hours upon hours searching online for it.. lol i even made the snippet my text ringtone! lol now i am in heaven.. her music is hypnotic ...like your on drugs. am i the only one that feels like this?

I also made it my text ringtone!! :D "he plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed"  :godlaugh: