lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

FLIPSIDE IS A MASTERPIECE :trisha:

I’ve just heard the YouTube quality of the song so I can’t really hear if it’s two electric guitars or a guitar and a bass, I’m gonna look up the credits on Lanapedia now. :krylie:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Has this already been posted? And yes sorry If i'm in the wrong thread, was a bitch just to find this.

The sounds I tracked on that record where pretty much what you hear on the final mixes. Lots of what Robert was handed was mix stems ,especially the instruments. Most of the lush reverb where formed by me using all sorts of delays and filters running through plates we have at the studio. Drum sounds and guitar sounds,vocals all came to him pretty much mixed. He did not have much work to do to get it finalized.

The 2 songs that I got credited for mixing where my ruff mixes from the day of working on the songs. The vibe and sound where right , so Lana did not want to change them.

The vocal mic was an SM58 with Lana standing right next to me ,monitors blaring. Most of the lead vocals went down live with the band.

I try and get the sound of the song when it is going down. It helps to solidify the mood of the song and everyone involved.

Cheers!

-collin

further on in that thread Collin claims that they recorded 13 songs for Ultraviolence but only 7-8 made it on the record

I'm dying to know what those 5 other tracks are  :defeated:  :defeated:

Still sounds the same the first time I heard it.

ART :trisha:

My all time favourite  :flutter: and the video too  :defeated: Truly one of her best works of art  :legend:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I couldn’t find if there’s a thread for the UV video, but @JerDelRey on Twitter found the location of the church. Don’t know if that’s news though, I wasn’t a member here back then.
Cappella di San Sebastiano, Portofino. (Italy)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Edit: (don't wanna write another post about that chapel in UV but LB won't let me quote or edit posts so)

Let me add this Wikimedia link with some pictures of it: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:San_Sebastiano_(Portofino)

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/5Ckc7G

Apparently it has been known for a long time? Even Lanapedia has written that it was San Sebastiano, Portofino. :rip:

La cantante, vestita da sposa, vaga su un sentiero invaso dalla vegetazione, che forse sta a simboleggiare una lunga e tortuosa strada verso il matrimonio. Nel video, diretto dal nuovo fidanzato Francesco Carrozzini e girato a Portofino, la cantante succhia anche le sue dita (e quelle di qualcun'altro) e mangia un'arancia.

Alla fine arriva all'altare di una chiesetta di una campagna (si tratta della Cappella di San Sebastiano nel parco di Portofino, in Liguria), ma ad aspettarla non c'è nessuno...

Source: https://allsongs.tv/news/nuove-uscite/lana-del-rey-video-ultraviolence-sposa-portofino/

My try for translation (I bet LaMartine can do it much better though, I let Google Translate help me lol) :

The singer, dressed in a wedding dress, walks through a road invaded by vegetation that could symbolize a long and winding road to marriage. In the video, directed by her new boyfriend Francesco Carrozzini and filmed in Portofino, the singer sucks his fingers ("and those of someone else"??) and eats an orange.

At the end they(?) arrive at the altar of a small chapel (the chapel of San Sebastiano in Portofino Park, Liguria) but no one is waiting there...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

WC will always remain one of her very unique songs because of the transition. Iconic.

Also, initially I hated G&R and Flipside, but today I love listening to these songs. They're very chill and kinda relaxing. 

I wouldn't mind UV 2, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon considering it's very raw and honest in its production and delivery in general.

Shades of Cool is her actual magnum opus. It has everything: VOCALS, psychedelic vibes, guitar, an iconic video with LOOKS. It's also one of her best live songs.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.