lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

The Other Woman and Guns and Roses can choke. Cruel World is amazing. Sad Girl is her magnum opus. Money Power Glory is a masterpiece. Flipside is the greatest closer.

I will not stand for the slander of any UV track (except TOW and GAR of course)

Where did she say that? 

I found this on songfacts.com:

Del Rey purposely chose to close her Ultraviolence album with this track to tie in with its loose theme of young women falling for older powerful men. She told Radio.com:

"I put so much time in putting a narrative to the track listing together, and then I'm so stupid because I should just know that it's totally gonna be disregarded because I just set myself up. Let me put it this way, every track that I put on there and every track name and the order that it's in tells a story that is important to me."

"In my mind, the narrative for this record ends with the last track, not the bonus deluxe stuff, all that business," she added. "It ends with the cover of Nina Simone's 'The Other Woman.' And without even really saying more about that, the decision to end with a cover of a jazz song and the content within that, it's kind of telling in its own way."

As nice as the bonus tracks are, I agree with this sentiment strongly. Ultraviolence was my first second "Lana" experience (after hearing 'Cola'), and as a prog rock fan I was hoping and expecting the Endless Summer Tour to have fully revolved around the album. 

Guns and Roses is only good for intelligent listeners

swSKTEq.gif

whats so intelligent about it? she chants "he loves guns and roses" a billion times over an uninspired and boring instrumental.

other lana songs have double meanings and open interpretations. but this song is entirely about one thing: her boyfriend listens to guns and roses.

she couldve saved us the trouble and put that one line in a verse of another song and call it a day

Why do y'all hate The Other Woman? :defeated:  Her vocals are flawless and just perfect.  :flutter:  One of my favorites on UV   :worship: Cruel world is amazing. My favorite on the album, one of my favorites Lana has ever put out. :oprah: Never liked Guns and Roses though   :wtf:  The instrumental and her vocals are boring and nothing special  :oprah3: MPG and UV are only okay. Some of the tracks i never really cared for. All the other tracks as well are absolutely flawless and completely display the obvious reasons why UV is her best album  :smile:  

Back in 2014, I didn't really like Cruel World and Pretty When You Cry, but over time, they became my favorite songs on Ultraviolence.  :flutter: 

The Other Woman was also a bit hard for me to get into, but it is indeed the perfect closer for the standard album.

Money Power Glory is kind of a filler in my opinion and Guns And Roses just... exists, it's nothing special. The only one I still don't like is Is This Happiness.

Imagine Lana had put, say, Fine China on Ultraviolence and everybody on Lanaboards would have begged for Guns And Roses to leak.  :thumb3:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

the more i listen to the uv leaks, the more i'm glad she changed it all at the last minute. i mean they're quite boring compared to what we got. jfk and angels forever are good, but the others  :toofunny: fine china has some of her best lyrics but the production is realy uninspired 

Why do y'all hate The Other Woman? :defeated:  Her vocals are flawless and just perfect.  :flutter:  One of my favorites on UV

amen  :defeated:

whats so intelligent about it? she chants "he loves guns and roses" a billion times over an uninspired and boring instrumental.

other lana songs have double meanings and open interpretations. but this song is entirely about one thing: her boyfriend listens to guns and roses.

she couldve saved us the trouble and put that one line in a verse of another song and call it a day

Although repetitive, I enjoy the verses and bridge. I do skip the song a lot, but I love the melody!