lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

First listen: For me it's much more a coherent album than BTD. Like BtD and Paradise, the album has the same "feeling" or "vibe" from the start to finish, but there is no way to compare her vocal delivery in UV, it’s simply phenomenal – even though the lyrics are not really as good as some of her previous work the WAY she sings it’s much more powerful. It’s raw and honest, while I was listening to some songs like Carmen and MDM I felt like listening to a character, but in this album I felt like I can believe in every word she sings. It’s hard to beat individual songs like Off to The Races, Born to Die and Video Games, but UV works way better as a whole album.

My favorites: Old Money, Money Power Glory, Florida Kilos, Cruel World, Pretty When I cry and Black Beauty ( and all the other songs previous released);

Not really feeling at the moment: Guns and Roses and The Other Woman.

And for the people who says that the lyrics are weak. Don't tell me that BTD didn't have weak lyrics too...I'm looking at DMD, Lolita, Dark Paradise, Lucky Ones....

BTD lyrics were much stronger and clever than UV's. I love the new album but lyrically speaking there's something missing here... I feel like there's too much effort and work put in the music itself and the lyrics are just accompanying it, when it should be the other way round. But perhaps Lana was aiming for that, who knows

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Well the final version of Black Beauty is officially the first Lana song to make me cry my fucking eyes out omg

Like I had random tears in the verse and then it just SWELLED INTO MAGNIFICENCE and I was sobbing out loud

Only ones I didn't take an immediate shining to were MPG, FMWUTTT, and GAR...so we'll see how that goes

OLD MONEY. 

it is perfection, theres something really sad and haunting about it and i cant put my finger on why it is so good (aside it being taken from meth. obviously)

im still deciding about the other ones, always takes me a few listens before i really like something 

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

This album was everything I expected it to be and not to be in the best way possible. I listened to the album without skipping any tracks, and it felt weird knowing four of the songs in a row after Cruel World, so that was a little weird. I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of Cruel World, and I'm not exactly feeling the narco-swing in Cruel World but more in other songs, I think it's because I expected the "let the light in..." part at the end of the track, but I guess not. Brooklyn Baby and West Coast are amazing but we already knew that-- the production of Sad Girl was amazing but the lyrics and the chorus felt a little lazy for me, but I still really like it.

My favorite tracks were definitely Old Money, Money Power Glory and Black Beauty. Holy shit I knew I was going to love Old Money and damn, did I fall in love with it againa after listening to the snippets. It's so simple and beautiful and it reminds me so much of The Great Gatsby and a part of me wonders if this was the song she wrote for the film alongside Young and Beautiful.

Money Power Glory is awesome, the chorus is absolutely everything. I felt kind of iffy about Fucked My Way To The Top when we first heard the snippet, but the song is really good towards the second half of it.

Black Beauty-- I heard the snippet and was let down since the verse sounded a lot like the demo we had, but what I got as soon as I got to the chorus... I can't explain it. I teared up and my jaws literally dropped, like @@SitarHero 's reaction, but a little more sane. That new production is so amazing I really wanted to cry. I fist pumped slowly to it and it was amazing.

Also Florida Kilos, I didn't expect a song like this to be in the album but it really worked as a bonus track-- it's just so Lizzy/Lana Del Ray.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

It fits with the vibe of all other tracks.

If you want to be wrong... OK.

Florida Kilos is probably one of the best Lana songs ever

Florida Kilos is probably one of the best Lana songs ever

:derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2:  :derpna2: