lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

This may be random and y'all might disagree, but I hate the fact that the Black Keys get played all the time on the radio and they never play West Coast. West Coast deserves to be on the radio as much as some other songs from the Black Keys. BTW West Coast has more views on youtube than any other black keys song. West Coast is as alternative as some black keys songs too, and Dan Auerbach worked on it!!! Lana deserves it tbh, and im butt hurt. It makes me feel like people who decide what plays on the radio just don't like Lana personally, which would be messed up! Ok, my rant is done.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This may be random and y'all might disagree, but I hate the fact that the Black Keys get played all the time on the radio and they never play West Coast. West Coast deserves to be on the radio as much as some other songs from the Black Keys. BTW West Coast has more views on youtube than any other black keys song. West Coast is as alternative as some black keys songs too, and Dan Auerbach worked on it!!! Lana deserves it tbh, and im butt hurt. It makes me feel like people who decide what plays on the radio just don't like Lana personally, which would be messed up! Ok, my rant is done.

Where are you from? And what type of local radio station are they played in, Top 40 or alternative?

I have never heard the black keys on the radio, even in the short live Alternative station Central Florida had for 2 years

I've really gotten back into Ultraviolence after showing Honeymoon and Sirens all my love for a bit

I don't think I ever fully appreciated the beauty of Pretty When You Cry

masterpiece

:defeated:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Where are you from? And what type of local radio station are they played in, Top 40 or alternative?

I have never heard the black keys on the radio, even in the short live Alternative station Central Florida had for 2 years

I guess I'm referring to 98.7 and 106.7 Los Angeles stations (I'm from Los Angeles). They play all kinds of alternative music, especially Black Keys (mainly that song Lonely Boy). I've heard West Coast on 98.7 when it was first released then they stopped. It's just confusing because I feel like West Coast should still be playing on those stations like songs from the Black keys. There is the same amount of love for both types of songs, so I'm having trouble why they can't play West Coast. Maybe it's less listenable for a mainstream, alternative audience?  I'll try to request it and see what happens lol

But I would find it weird that they don't play the Black Keys frequently on alt stations in Central Florida/all over the country. They have a sort of soul vibe, which would do amazing in most states I would think.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I live in Chicago, we have a few stations that play them frequently

I guess I'm referring to 98.7 and 106.7 Los Angeles stations (I'm from Los Angeles). They play all kinds of alternative music, especially Black Keys (mainly that song Lonely Boy). I've heard West Coast on 98.7 when it was first released then they stopped. It's just confusing because I feel like West Coast should still be playing on those stations like songs from the Black keys. There is the same amount of love for both types of songs, so I'm having trouble why they can't play West Coast. Maybe it's less listenable for a mainstream, alternative audience?  I'll try to request it and see what happens lol

But I would find it weird that they don't play the Black Keys frequently on alt stations in Central Florida/all over the country. They have a sort of soul vibe, which would do amazing in most states I would think.

Ahhh ok that makes more sense

The only Alt station we had was turned into another unnecessary Spanish pop station

And about half of pop and Urban radio stations in here Are part of iheartRadio so all of those songs 13 year olds over listen to over and over in that app and request, is all that's played. I'm sick of Side to side already

Hey guys, old topic, but I just want to know if there are demos of Ultraviolence songs (other than BB and WC). I swear I'm gona steal them from Ricky's pc one day.

same. id KILL to hear demos of SOC

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

why did lana cancel all of UV's promo? is it because she was pissed or is she just lazy or something

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Hey guys, look what came in the mail yesterday. Just love it and can't wait to wear it

17493045_10208998780549927_5694715136270

random thought, and i know it'd never happen, but for maybe like on the 5 or 10 year anniversary for the album i'd love a remastered version with clearer vocals   :hooker:

I'd love a comemorative edition with a 2nd disc with all the demos/early versions (if there's any of them, which i doubt).

I always wonder what the album would've sounded like if Black Beauty hasn't leaked. I really love that demo (much more than the album version).

original.gif

I've always loved West Coast SO freaking much, it's probably my fave from Lana or at least in the top 3, and I just watched some videos of her singing it live and

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  girl needs to bring it back this summer i swear to god