Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Cruel World

Still confused about the I like your women verse.

He's just surrounded by a bunch of gorgeous women and she acknowledges that. She's not like romantically wanting these women but she loves that he has a bunch of beautiful women around.

And I like my candy and your Whitman

7098_dt.jpg

She's so happy that he's gone because her fatass didn't wanna share.

We may have discovered the true meaning of this song.

Cool! I like that.

He's just surrounded by a bunch of gorgeous women and she acknowledges that. She's not like romantically wanting these women but she loves that he has a bunch of beautiful women around.

She's so happy that he's gone because her fatass didn't wanna share.

We may have discovered the true meaning of this song.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

i think your right thats what i hear too

I hear both Bourbon and Suburban...

Get a little bit of bourbon in ya
Get a little bit suburban and go crazy

Might be wrong tho

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

I thought I heard she sang "I like your Whitman" the first time then "women" later after repeated playing. Maybe she is pronouncing it all strangely, dunno.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

The lyric Get a little suburban is incorrect. I'm a little bit of a car buff and when I listened to CW more carefully I think She sings " Get into The Suburban and Go Crazy".

The car in question is a Chevrolet Suburban and we all know how Lana Likes Her Chevys....

Green_Banks_-_Chevy_Suburban_C10.jpg

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The lyric Get a little suburban is incorrect. I'm a little bit of a car buff and when I listened to CW more carefully I think She sings " Get into The Suburban and Go Crazy".

The car in question is a Chevrolet Suburban and we all know how Lana Likes Her Chevys....

It could have been a plausible line, but she definitely sings 'get a little bit suburban'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Is it me or does the ending (where she's like 'ohhhhhhh you're crazy for me) sound like the aftermath of a sexual climax? The verses, chorus and loud instruments represent the passion of sex, whilst the sudden 'drop' at the end is sort of after the climax.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Green_Banks_-_Chevy_Suburban_C10.jpg

Not a chance

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

bc lana has been listening to this flawless album a lot

c1.jpg

For me, it feels like she is telling someone of more wealth and society than she had to just relax and live a little. To be suburban instead of white collar.  That's how I see it: "have something to drink and be lower class with the rest of us."

I wondered how many others noticed that she slipped in a lyric from "F***ed My Way Up To The Top" in here. "Lay me down tonight, with my linens and curls," comes in very softly a couple of times towards the end. I listened to this song about a dozen times before I noticed that.

I wondered how many others noticed that she slipped in a lyric from "F***ed My Way Up To The Top" in here. "Lay me down tonight, with my linens and curls," comes in very softly a couple of times towards the end. I listened to this song about a dozen times before I noticed that.

I hear "Lay me down" in "Ultraviolence ! Maybe she liked that melody and used it as a sort of leitmotiv throughout the album ? Cause I also find the introduction to sad girl to be a variation of that segment (the first few notes of the "military" introduction

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I hear "Lay me down" in "Ultraviolence ! Maybe she liked that melody and used it as a sort of leitmotiv throughout the album ? Cause I also find the introduction to sad girl to be a variation of that segment (the first few notes of the "military" introduction

I hear "Lay me down" in UV too and at first I thought I was like imagining that LOL 

tumblr_n5gzpp7cW01rc3z3ro1_500.gif

I hear "Lay me down" in UV too and at first I thought I was like imagining that LOL 

WOW yes, I meant Ultraviolence.  For some reason, last night I thought it was Cruel World. It was late. ;)

hahaha no worries, I totally gor what you mean. I wonder if lay me down signifies something?

I wonder that, too - I've never seen an artist use an exact lyric and melody in two songs.