Sign in to follow this  
PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana talking about Barrie + denying rumours about engagement (excerpt from Interview with "The Sun")

I just found another interview published on a german site. It seems like they are quoting an interview Lana did with "The Sun" but as I think this one isn't out yet I though I'd share that german article (+my translation) with you.

german source

Translation:

Lana Del Rey, 27, has special relationship.

The New York native artist (“Summertime Sadness”) told that the relationship to her boyfriend Barrie-James O’Neill feels “telepathic”. The singer and the Scottish musician have been dating since 2011 and according to Lana their relationship becomes stronger and stronger. “He definitely is a poet. I didn’t really know what it means to be a poet until I met him. He changed me in a way I didn’t expect”, she explained to the British newspaper “The Sun”. “I have everything I dreamt of in terms of an emotional relationship – it’s almost telepathic.”

Even though both are apparently closely related to each other Lana admitted that sometimes it’s a challenge for her to be in a relationship. Further she denies the rumours that she and her lover would marry. “I would lie if I said that it’s not difficult. He has a much darker character than most people I’ve ever met”, she says. “We are always joking that we could have found easier counterparts. There are rumours that we are engaged. We aren’t, but we are together/are dating.”

In the past the artist had to go through difficult times and struggled against her addiction to alcohol and drug. She admitted that it needs strong willpower to stay clean. “I’ve become more laid-back – back then I wanted to drink when I was depressed, now I’m fine but I still want to drink,” said the star laughing. “In high school I did lots of drugs. We chopped up pills which were called bumblebees. But I had to stop. You can’t go through the day and work like that unless you are Keith Richards. So I stopped, otherwise all this [in my career] wouldn’t have happened.”

UPDATE: english source (thanks MaraDreea)

UPDATE #2: original source (The Sun)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I'm believe this is like an excerpt from her full interview with  The Sun 

source: http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Lanas-telepathic-romance&nItemID=80678

Lana Del Rey says her connection with boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill feels 'telepathic'.

The 27-year-old Shades of Cool singer has been in a relationship with the Scottish musician since 2011.

And according to Lana their bond continues to grow stronger.

'He is definitely a poet. I didn't really know what being a poet meant until I met him. He has changed me in ways that I didn't expect,' she explained to British newspaper The Sun. 'On the one hand I have everything I've dreamed of in terms of a soul connection, it's almost telepathic.'

Although they have a powerful bond, Lana admits she finds being in a relationship challenging sometimes.

The star also dismisses speculation she and Barrie-James are getting married.

'I would be lying if I said it wasn't difficult. He is a much darker character than most people I've ever met,' she shared. 
'We always joke around about how we should have found simpler counterparts. There are rumours we are engaged. We are not but we are together.'

Lana struggled with alcohol and drug addiction in the past.

The songstress confesses it's been taking a huge amount of willpower on her part to remain sober recently.

'I've loosened up a lot which means before, when I was depressed I wanted drink and now I am feeling good I still want to drink,' she laughed.

'But I think back to when I was in high school and I'd been taking a lot of drugs. We were crushing up truck driver pills, called bumblebees. I was self-medicating and needed to stop. You can't get through your day and work like this unless you are Keith Richards. So I stopped and I had to or none of this would've happened.'

Lana's third album Ultraviolence is released on Friday June 13.

I'm always interested in her drug/alcohol past. I always assumed she drank as a teen and only developed a drug problem once she was out of college for some reason. Truck driver pills are usually like Dex or something aren't they? We don't really have that term where I'm from.

I have gold in my veins

I'm always interested in her drug/alcohol past. I always assumed she drank as a teen and only developed a drug problem once she was out of college for some reason. Truck driver pills are usually like Dex or something aren't they? We don't really have that term where I'm from.

Is she talking about these http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=17617 ?

I don't think so, as I can't see why MDMA/Ex would be used as trucker pills? It'd make more sense for them to be stimulants and/or amphetamine. I think it's probably just an old name for a strain maybe, like black beauties etc.

I have gold in my veins

I don't think so, as I can't see why MDMA/Ex would be used as trucker pills? It'd make more sense for them to be stimulants and/or amphetamine. I think it's probably just an old name for a strain maybe, like black beauties etc.

fuck if i know with all the names for them.

I'm confused, i thought she'd said that she and Barrie were engaged in another interview? (I can't remember which) Unless they made that up themselves?  :teehee:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I'm glad they're allegedly still together...I was starting to think maybe they broke up. Kind of interesting how he was never spotted with her while she was just back in LA and how she was spending her time at the Chateau instead of with him at their home. I wish them well- I hope they stay together.

Oh and if anyone has the full Sun article or a link to it, I would love to read it!!

I'm glad they're allegedly still together...I was starting to think maybe they broke up. Kind of interesting how he was never spotted with her while she was just back in LA and how she was spending her time at the Chateau instead of with him at their home. I wish them well- I hope they stay together.

Oh and if anyone has the full Sun article or a link to it, I would love to read it!!

It's because Barrie was at Glasgow over the past month! I believe he joined her now in the europian tour

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr