Sign in to follow this  
CruelWorld

Lana Del Rey "Ultraviolence" is expected to sell in over 175k copies!

On June 17, we'll see the retail arrivals of three albums that are all tentatively forecast by industry sources to sell over 100,000 in their first week: Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence," Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" and Linkin Park's "The Hunting Party."

Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" leads the debut pack, with industry sources suggesting it could sell over 175,000 copies (between 175k and 200k) in the week ending June 22. It's Del Rey's second full-length album for Polydor/Interscope Records and is aiming to be her first chart-topper.

Source: Billboard

I read somewhere she already sold more than 300k copies WW only with pre-sales. Anyone knows anything about it? I didn't see any receipt

Maybe with the reviews and good press she'll do even better since this is just the inicial prediction

I read somewhere she already sold more than 300k copies WW only with pre-sales. Anyone knows anything about it? I didn't see any receipt

Maybe with the reviews and good press she'll do even better since this is just the inicial prediction

the album is already out in several countries I think (it is in sweden since the 13th atleast)

She won't even have 1/3 of her sales in the first week in the UK. BTD opened up with 117k and had 50k after the first day of release. UV has sold 20k +. This is a HUGE drop. And be careful with these predictions ins the US. ARTPOP was predicted to open up with 375-400k. And it got 260k.

This era won't be nowhere near in terms of commercial success. And it does not help that she is cancelling every promo possible for whatever reason. I hope she gets better soon.

This era won't be nowhere near in terms of commercial success. 

To be fair, the amount BTD sold is rare for a lot of artists today, anyone who can sell 5 mill plus copies has hit the jackpot today, she'll most likely never sell anywhere near that amount ever again.

Also, BTD sold a lot over a 2 year period, i'm sure Ultra will be ok over the same time frame. 

Album sales are generally way down. People are listening more on streaming services like Spotify/Rdio/Pandora. I'd be far more interested in # plays these songs are getting on such services than album sales.

Seems Lana will be #1 in the US & UK album charts this week.

http://www.rollingstone.de/news/meldungen/article594569/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-erklimmt-in-den-usa-den-charts-gipfel.html

Google Translator: It looks like Lana Del Rey will climb with their second album "Ultraviolence", which was published in Germany last Friday and can also be heard as a stream now, in the U.S. for the first time the charts throne. So it indicate first forecasts for the evaluation of the Billboard Top 200 albums. The final figures will be made public next week, but first estimates speak of about 180,000 units sold. Just was not sure, but published simultaneously with "Ultraviolence", the new album from Linkin Park ("The Hunting Party"), Jennifer Lopez ("AKA") and Willie Nelson ("Band of Brothers").

"Born To Die" can only reach the second place in the U.S. charts, the debut album of the doe-eyed Sadcore Diva had, with 77,000 albums sold in its first week.

By the way: Who soon enough can not get 28-year-olds and their seductive and tragic song titles of that (and on top of that has desire to sell with a funny, but completely pointless little game time), can now at a Lana-Del-Rey Song Title Generator try. The best new titles, according to Billboard: "Four Seasons Rehab," "Grand Canyon Massacre," "Nutella Heroine," & "Biscotti Bitch" "Westward Pansexual.".

UK: http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lana-del-rey-scores-second-number-1-album-3103/