Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Ultraviolence Sold Almost 1 Million Copies in its First Week!

LanaDelRey-Shades-Of-Cool-single-listen-

ULTRAVIOLENCE FIRST-WEEK SALES

UNITED STATES: 182,000 (#1)

UNITED KINGDOM: 48,000 (#1)

CANADA: 21,000 (#1)

WORLDWIDE: 880,000

Sold out shows, #1 albums, icon of the decade

LanaDelRey-Shades-Of-Cool-single-listen-

ULTRAVIOLENCE FIRST-WEEK SALES

UNITED STATES: 182,000 (#1)

UNITED KINGDOM: 48,000 (#1)

CANADA: 21,000 (#1)

WORLDWIDE: 880,000

Sold out shows, #1 albums, icon of the decade

And the sources? 

182 000 + 48000 + 21 000 = 251 000

Where are the 629 000 missing sales?

I'm not comparing my sweet lana to beyonce in any way, but it looks like she might surpass beyonce by the 3rd week!!!

Beyonce week 3 - 310,000 copies sold worldwide

Lana week 3 - unknown

If she's this close to 200,000 copies the first week - she might just trump the queen b by week 3!!

I'm sorry I didn't put the sources! www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lana-del-reys-ultraviolence-interscopepolydor-uk-debuts-at-1-in-twelve-countries-including-us--uk-plus-top-5-in-eight-other-countries-264631091.html

I'm sorry I didn't put the sources! www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lana-del-reys-ultraviolence-interscopepolydor-uk-debuts-at-1-in-twelve-countries-including-us--uk-plus-top-5-in-eight-other-countries-264631091.html

Still that number is impossible.

Here her numbers for the biggest markets (and estimations)

US: 182k

UK: 48k

Japan: round 1k

Germany: round 20k

Canada: 21 k

Australia: 15k

France: 20k

These are the biggest markers where she has sold round 330k. Where the hell and on how many planets did she sell another 530k? No way. 

Did everyone in Russia buy a copy

Queen of Pop I guess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prism_%28Katy_Perry_album%29#Commercial_performance

The album sold 286,000 copies in its first week. Prism acquired the largest first week sum by a female artist for 2013, surpassing Miley Cyrus' Bangerz (270,000 copies). However, this feat was surpassed by Beyoncé's self-titled fifth album, Beyoncé (617,213 digital copies), released in December 2013.[89][90] At the time of its release Prism had the fourth highest first week sales of the year for a pop record, trailing behind Daft Punk's May 2013 album Random Access Memories, which sold 339,000 copies and Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience which debuted to 968,000 copies and its follow-up The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2 which debuted to just 350,000 copies. The first week sales also marks Perry's highest weekly sales, with her previous album Teenage Dream selling 192,000 copies in its first week in August 2010. Prism has the highest first week sales for a female pop artist since Madonna's twelfth studio album, MDNA.

LOL: Billboard is US only. And these sales were for Beyonce in the US in that week, also not worldwide

But on billboard they say "worldwide". Why would they say that?

356k, worldwide.

It probably shipped 880k/a million the first week, or they're including single sales, too. (I also suspect BTD's sudden '7 million' is including single and/or Paradise sales).

Source:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week27-2014.htm

Mediatraffic is also unreliable, but of course she is way closer to 356k that 880k.

Just a little bit of numbers: 182k (USA) + 48k (UK) + 21k (Can) +20k (Fra) + 15k (Aus) +2k (Jap) = 288k. These were the countries where we have the numbers.

However, in these 288k are not listed Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands Austria, Switzerland, South & Latin America, Russia, Poland, Spain, New Zealand, Asia (besides Japan),  and Scandinavia.

So it is very unlikely that she sold less than 70k in the ciuntries that very not mentioned first. 

Upon reading the title of this thread I was astounded, but clearly she's not near that number. However... she's slaying, and hard in the UK. More people are enthused by her here than I realised. So, for me, i'm very much content and excited for her sales!

Come on, sad girl!!!! Continue the slayage!!!!!

tumblr_mdvc4uBned1qf7bjso2_r1_250.gif

Still that number is impossible.

Here her numbers for the biggest markets (and estimations)

US: 182k

UK: 48k

Japan: round 1k

Germany: round 20k

Canada: 21 k

Australia: 15k

France: 20k

These are the biggest markers where she has sold round 330k. Where the hell and on how many planets did she sell another 530k? No way. 

Mediatraffic is also unreliable, but of course she is way closer to 356k that 880k.

Just a little bit of numbers: 182k (USA) + 48k (UK) + 21k (Can) +20k (Fra) + 15k (Aus) +2k (Jap) = 288k. These were the countries where we have the numbers.

However, in these 288k are not listed Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands Austria, Switzerland, South & Latin America, Russia, Poland, Spain, New Zealand, Asia (besides Japan),  and Scandinavia.

So it is very unlikely that she sold less than 70k in the ciuntries that very not mentioned first. 

Are those just digital sales? 

Lana debuted  #2 then #1 and then #2 again in Brazil Itunes. Now she's  #14  so there's no way she sold less then 20.000 in Brazil...20.000 counting online sales if you count physical is a lot more

BTD was certified Platinum in Brazil and Paradise was certified double Platinum but as strange as it is on this side of the Atlantic physical represents 40% of the sales (which is a lot compared to most countries) so I will wait

. Saraiva which is a store we have everywhere picked the album since the pre order also FNAC and Lojas Americanas. Those stores are the Brazilian version of book/vynils/albums stores to what the supermarket Wallmart is to US, they are pretty much on every corner. 

Beyonce didn't even got to the top 10 here until this week...and is number #4 going down again. Her album wasn't for sale anywhere until a few weeks ago. 

glgcDdT.gif