Sign in to follow this  
FormerLanaFan

Pilton, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 28th, 2014

I just saw the live stream in HD of her show at Glastonbury.  :noparty:

I'm disappointed by her performance: she seemed uncomfortable on stage (again), her voice was weak, lacking projection especially when was contrasted with the registered backup vocals, she lacked vocal discipline in many songs, she was all over the place trying those iil-advised improvisations which hampers her delivery. The best performance in my opinion was Video Games .

I hope that this is just my impression and the GP would see it differently 

You must be a Lady Gaga fan because you used GP pejoratively not realizing you're a part of the fucking general public

I'm not a Gaga fan and I referred obviously to the GP that are not Lana fans (I'm biased because I'm a Lana fan even if I criticized this performance)

I thought she kinda half assed it to be honest. There was no passion, no fire. Not the worst she's done, but she can do so much better. I also miss the string section. When I saw her in Vienna it was insane, for instance:

Born to die: One of my favourite Born to die performances. These bits in particular: 0:52 - 1:02, 2:08 - 2:12, 2:16 - 2:20, 2:41 - 2:50

Millon dollar man: The whole second part is beautiful.

She attracted one of the largest crowds, it's big exposure for her, the recorded version will be on BBC 3 at 8 pm. Why is she so disconnected? Nobody is forcing her to perform. I don't understand her...

Other opinions Guardian liked her voice
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/28/lana-del-rey-glastonbury-2014-review

"Sonically it's stunning – burbling guitars, hazy atmospherics, perfect cooing, epic drums" Guardian

Well, the reception of her show in the press is not bad

Can someone reply???????????????????????

Can people stop to ignore us???????????

THE FULL THING HAS NOT AIRED YET, one more hour

no need to be rude to someone that's posting review links and whatnot

BzhmW.png