Rafael

Lana's first ever written song named "China Palace"!

Lana had an interview with a major radio station in Sweden last week where she revealed that her first ever written song was called "China Palace" and it's about strawberry daiquiri!

Edited all the redundant stuff and here's what we got:

Transcribed version by yours sincerely:

"I play a lot of big festivals actually. I'm just usually the--I'm usually the slowest one, the quietest one. Although we obviously--we do a lot of down tempo stuff, Uhm, like the first 25-30 minutes of our setlist is pretty--There's a lot of psychedelia. For some reason I didn't think that people would think the music was lyrically provocative... And now I know that they do. I think it's hard 'cause I don't censor myself, so I think that when you become more popular people think like there's an obligation to be inspirational, and I'm just--you know not there yet. 

I can't remember writing a song until I was about twelve, and it was called "China Palace". I don't know why. So, yeah I remember that, I mean--Uh, I remember that I used the words "strawberry daiquiri" which I thought was funny, 'cause I'd never had one. So obviously I thought that that was like a really cool thing.

Uhm, I just loved this melody and I loved the phrases that came with it in my head "My boyfriend's in a band / He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed / I've got feathers in my hair / I get high on hydroponic weed". So, yeah, I mean... And I love Brooklyn, you know I was there for eight or nine years and, uhh, so I love all things; Brooklyn, jazz and you know references to beat poetry, and yeah.

So it's not like, some people have written like and you're taking hits on Brooklyn?
Yeah yeah, no, not really... No I'm just--I'm that uncool that I think it's cool, yeah."

EQFO7rX.png

Nice! Now that all May Jailer albums have leaked this'll be the next fanbase thirst joke, I'm sure.

"Roses" who? 

No, but I could use some help deciphering what the man says towards the ending #Come-When-You-Call-Me-America.mp3

EQFO7rX.png

Guest Dot

You love Brooklyn? You love Brooklyn Baby's melody? Good. Release it as a single!

tbh, this bitch pretends she's 28 and says that 'every song is about the same guy' sooooooo idt she ever has a clue about herself lol

plus she 'wrote' it when she was 12, so its probs just gonna be crappy

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

No, but I could use some help deciphering what the man says towards the ending #Come-When-You-Call-Me-America.mp3

'So it's not like some people have written (and) you're taking hits on Brooklyn?'

Put those hipster parody interpretations 2 rest lanz!  :candy: