Sign in to follow this  
drewby

Cinnamon/Invader Girl

As reported earlier today by Popjustice, Cinnamon Girl is now known as Invader Girl

screenshot_650.jpg

but who is/was Cinnamon Girl?

430492_343226799057515_252104918169704_1

Born Camilla Roholm, the Danish artist (lbr this region produces the best music) first released her song "Friends" in 2012 and then seemingly disappeared for whatever reason. Though the recent name change prompted her label or management to attempt to remove all traces of the old name (making Soundcloud private, removing the profiles off social media, deleting the YouTube audio of the track), the "music video" remains up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDJCC8HAqQ

Fast forward to now and there's a MS MR remix of her latest song "Starting Fires" (the original is out in a few weeks I guess):

https://soundcloud.com/invader-girl/starting-fires-ms-mr-remix

Here's links to the few articles about her previous name:

http://www.drunkenwerewolf.com/interviews/interview-cinnamon-girl/

http://spindlemagazine.com/2012/06/cinnamon-girl/

She sounds like: a lovechild of Gwen Stefani, MØ and Charli XCX

Let's see what you think @@National Anthem @@Born To Die @@SitarHero @ @@Atom Heart @ @@comeintomybedroom @@iseeyouupsidedown @@Hundred Dollar Bill

BzhmW.png

The gang who'll listen to anything yasss

I like Friends better than the other one but it doesn't seem like a total sound change so I'll just stay tuned

Yes, yes, yes. I could definitely stan for this. The remix is so good, definitely excited to hear the original, and "Friends" is super catchy. I'll definitely keep up with this girl.

Her voice reminds me of the @@SitarHero recommended KIll J with total opposite production. Loves it~ :hairflip:

H0bDaqU.gif

REALLY liking her voice skills, she sounds very very talented. Not sure I like her song-writing, I hope she impresses me! And her visuals are kind of tacky and not really original at this point... But she has caught my eye (or ear, in this case).

Thanks for mentioning me! Will keep her pinned :D Love how, although I keep on blogging and always updated by several sources, this forum and you people come up with new and really cool artists all the time! I almost don't visit this for Lana, but for everything else that's shared :)

The gang who'll listen to anything yasss

I like Friends better than the other one but it doesn't seem like a total sound change so I'll just stay tuned

I wouldn't consider yourself part of that since you ignored my QoH post because of song titles but whatever. :slayty:

Yes I am a bit pressed. :slayty:

14417469274.gif

@@Born To Die to the rescue again

I wouldn't consider yourself part of that since you ignored my QoH post because of song titles but whatever. :slayty:

Yes I am a bit pressed. :slayty:

Bitch yes I did I'm not here for Evanescence teas

I honestly think I would take her music more seriously if she went from 'Cinnamon Girl' to 'Invader' instead of 'Invader Girl'. Adding the girl to her name makes her sound like a 12 year old girl in a weird chat room.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

This is good, actually.

Just a quick search brings up another song, "Devil In Me":

I guess Andrew may already know about these, but here's a couple more:

Another song called "Now I Know" which I can't find a link for yet.

I actually found all of them on tumblr and I think they're from her deleted SC. Time to do some sleuthing then

BzhmW.png

Looking through her Last.fm provided a list of titles:

- Friends

- Devil In Me

- Neil Young

- Now I Know

- Set You Free

- Prince

- Crazy Horse (?)

EDIT: okay so I was wrong about those titles, they had the artist and song name mixed about lol :flop: Apparently there are a lot of songs titled "Cinnamon Girl"

Oh and "Set Me Free" is actually on iTunes!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/set-you-free-single/id738530032

H0bDaqU.gif

Looking through her Last.fm provided a list of titles:

- Friends

- Devil In Me

- Neil Young

- Now I Know

- Set You Free

- Prince

- Crazy Horse (?)

EDIT: okay so I was wrong about those titles, they had the artist and song name mixed about lol :flop: Apparently there are a lot of songs titled "Cinnamon Girl"

I have:

Friends

Devil In Me

Now I Know

Your Eyes Are Glass

Set You Free is her cover of a song that was used in an ad, it's still on Amazon and iTunes. It's pretty good imo.

One of the files I downloaded came from an album titled "Take A Walk" so I think there were more songs on SC

Edit: Wayback Machine had 3 captures from 2012 and none of them had any other songs besides the ones I listed

BzhmW.png