Sitar

"Burning Desire" at the Jaguar F-Type Launch in Paris

My suspicions were correct--this is the perfect live song for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gRtaGAyP-I&feature=youtu.be

From the Jaguar website:

"The car was revealed in front of the dramatic setting of the 18th century Musée Rodin. Following the reveal, singer Lana Del Rey took to the stage and performed a new track ‘Burning Desire’, that she has written as part of her collaboration with Jaguar for the launch of the F-TYPE. The track is confirmed to be the sound track to a short film that is being produced in association with Ridley Scott Associates and will be featured on her new album."

Guest Maru the Cat

Do you think that this song was written specifically for Jaguar, or that she just so happened to write the song beforehand, thought it was a perfect fit, and tweaked a few bits?

I'm inclined to believe the former, but you never know with Lana.

From the Jaguar website:

"The car was revealed in front of the dramatic setting of the 18th century Musée Rodin. Following the reveal, singer Lana Del Rey took to the stage and performed a new track ‘Burning Desire’, that she has written as part of her collaboration with Jaguar for the launch of the F-TYPE. The track is confirmed to be the sound track to a short film that is being produced in association with Ridley Scott Associates and will be featured on her new album. Starring Golden Globe nominated and Emmy Award-winning actor Damian Lewis, the short film is scheduled to be filmed in South America next month and will be released early 2013."

Wow! Ridley Scott directing a small movie with Burning Desire soundtrack, can't get any better, wow!

Do you think that this song was written specifically for Jaguar, or that she just so happened to write the song beforehand, thought it was a perfect fit, and tweaked a few bits?

Although I believe it's personal, it seems to be intended just for the campaign, so perhaps she added the car lines?

From the Jaguar website:

"The car was revealed in front of the dramatic setting of the 18th century Musée Rodin. Following the reveal, singer Lana Del Rey took to the stage and performed a new track ‘Burning Desire’, that she has written as part of her collaboration with Jaguar for the launch of the F-TYPE. The track is confirmed to be the sound track to a short film that is being produced in association with Ridley Scott Associates and will be featured on her new album."

Wow! Ridley Scott directing a small movie with Burning Desire soundtrack, can't get any better, wow!

Adding to the OP, that's awesome! Wonder when we'll get that.

It's not like anyone would be that hard-pressed to find a song about driving in Lana's song catalog.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Her two first song at the itunes show were really neat, I was like "where the hell is Lana, are you an evil-perfect-pitched-twin??" then she sang Born to Die, I cringed, she was back. :D

what I loved that performance. especially the outro vocals! It doesn't top the debut at Nouvou, though!

giffix-1.gif

ok, just got done watching the performance.... wow. this vid is hot. + add in the car accl. at the end of it.... the vid is just fucking hot!

alsoooo....

Lana sings the lyric "Have to touch myself to pretend you're there" three times-- yes yeap mmhmm three-- in this live performance compared to just once in the studio track. unf. kbyethatisallenjoy