So--I'm an entry-level SZA fan, and this thread was posted today and I found it very useful lmao:

https://www.reddit.com/r/popheads/comments/6j3ojk/discussion_introducing_sza_the_first_lady_of_tde/

As someone who just started being her fan as of Ctrl, I was happy to discover bops like Julia :) She's so talented. I love her. Had no idea she was Muslim either!

Some of the CTRL tour dates are out! There's VIP meet and greet for $85, opening acts are Ravyn Lenae and Smino, general sale and pre sale next week. These appeared online without any announcement, she'll probably announce the rest of the dates really soon.

8/29 - Grand Rapids, Michigan @ The Intersection (no link yet)

I've listened to this album so many times so now i can order my fave to least fave so here it is:

1. Drew Barrymore

2. Love Galore

3. Go Gina

4. Supermodel

5. 20 Something

6. The Weekend

7. Doves In The Wind

8. Broken Clocks

9. Pretty Little Birds

10. Normal Girl

11. Anything

12. Prom

13. Garden (Say It Like Dat)

14. Wavy (Interlude)

I really love every song except for Wavy so it was kind of difficult to order them but i think it would be like this

The fact that the best two songs Garden and Prom are at the bottom of your list.... let's me know where your music taste stands.

#1 R&B Album in the country

Debut album at #3

60K units in the first week

87 on Meteoritic (putting it as the 11th highest rated album of 2017 thus far)

#6 album on US iTunes right now

Love Galore & The Weekend both in the top 200 on iTunes

#3 album streaming on Apple Music

12 out of 14 songs are in the top 200 on Apple Music (two of which are top 30)

I'm so happy she's getting the success/attention she deserves  :oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:

The fact that the best two songs Garden and Prom are at the bottom of your list.... let's me know where your music taste stands.

I love every single song on the album so it was very hard for me to order them but out of every song I think those would end up there. Doesn't mean I dislike them, I just like the others a bit more. Also I didn't really know where to put Anything so maybe it would be switched around with those.

My biggest problem with ctrl is that the songs are too short. The spoken messages make the songs look longer than they are. I wish more of the songs would've had bridges or just longer structures in general.

Also:

Warm Winds (feat Isaiah Rashad) [2014]: "Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away"

Pretty Little Birds (feat. Isaiah Rashad) [2017]: "My wings don't spread like they used to but I want to fly with you"