HEARTCORE

Lana Considering a Re-Release of 'Ultraviolence'

UV doesn't even need a continuation, though. I feel like there was nothing more to after those sixteen tracks because they were all very honest.

I'd much rather want a whole new body of work that narrates a different story of her life. UV shouldn't be dragged out like BTD was - I don't even think it has the accessibility to mainstream music that BTD did, therefore a re-release would most like be a flop.

But didn't UV Top the charts all over the world inc USA and UK. That doesn't sound like a flop IMO and UV is definitely accessible mainstream BC it got to number one in the charts. I agree there isn't a lot radio friendly singles in UV unlike BTD which had loads of them. The reason why I like Lana is that she makes music to please herself no one else. Whether its mainstream or alternative she doesn't care. All she cares about is the music (Which is rare now days tbh) and I have faith in whatever she dose. I seriously can't wait for the reissue/music to watch boys to edtion but knowing Lana it might or might not happen but who knows tbh...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

It would probably be something in relation to Ultraviolence but not quite Ultraviolence.

Kind of how "Paradise" reflects Born To Die. Paradise could be said to be heaven; an aftermath of death. Heck, it's even in the lyrics of Paradise's music - "We made it out to the other side", Paradise being the "other side".

Jpg

I approve your username. How come I am actually not a mod here?  (ok, maybe after seeing your latest post, I am not approving it anymore, actually)

Anyways: I don't want to think about a re-release. She should rather take more time to write songs.On UV she didn't improve lyrically at all. That is quite interesting since she sees haself as a writer and wants to be acknowledged for that, but there are quite some lines on the album that are flat-out embarrasing.

Maybe some people should introduce ha to other stuff. Writing the same book over and over again is not interesting, my dear.

Possible re-release title: "Red dress - Again & Again. Shut Up"

I approve your username. How come I am actually not a mod here?  (ok, maybe after seeing your latest post, I am not approving it anymore, actually)

Anyways: I don't want to think about a re-release. She should rather take more time to write songs.On UV she didn't improve lyrically at all. That is quite interesting since she sees haself as a writer and wants to be acknowledged for that, but there are quite some lines on the album that are flat-out embarrasing.

Maybe some people should introduce ha to other stuff. Writing the same book over and over again is not interesting, my dear.

I said it somewehere else, don't know exactly where but I'll say it again. I don't think Ultraviolence was about lyrics at all. She already sees herself as a writer, with born to die/paradise she has shown she writes her own stuff and she is good at it.

Ultraviolence is about the music. It needs to reflect a mood, the tempo changes and drowned vocals are important. It is a musical reflection of what's going on in her head. From calm to wilder, from serene to confused. Feeling sure about herself, feeling overwhelmed etc. I think all the repetitions in the choruses are on purpose. It's not about getting the lyrics or singing along, it's about laying back and feel the music.

And with simple lyrics thats much easier than be constantly on top of what she is singing.

I can't wait for an maybe addition to ultraviolence, I think it wil either go further down the pad of feeling instead of listening with even more guitars and stuff. Or she maybe will go back to "clearer" times. And lyrics will be important again for her.

But I honestly don't think there will be ep for ultraviolence. Because she said the album was for her done with the cover of the other woman. And all the bonus songs we have are not important to the story. So new music, but not an addition to UV.

(sorry for my English)

If it wasn't an edition how would the uninformed ignorant people (like some of her critics) know that it's meant to be heard, interpreted and criticized in conjunction with the album which came before it, Ultraviolence? :uh:

But UV is much better lyrically than BTD and she only mentioned the red dress in one song...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

But UV is much better lyrically than BTD and she only mentioned the red dress in one song...

It's actually not. The music is more mature, but the lyrics are pretty bad at some point. And honestly, I NEVER EVER want to hear anything about a freaking red dress from Lana anymore. Enough is enogh

It's actually not. The music is more mature, but the lyrics are pretty bad at some point. And honestly, I NEVER EVER want to hear anything about a freaking red dress from Lana anymore. Enough is enogh

How can you say that!!?!??! Old Money, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness, Brooklyn Baby etc. Is Lana's best and most personal lyrics since May Jailor....

I AM MY ONLY GOD

If it wasn't an edition how would the uninformed ignorant people (like some of her critics) know that it's meant to be heard, interpreted and criticized in conjunction with the album which came before it, Ultraviolence? :uh:

umm she can promote it as that lol

critics would judge it as a separate piece of work either way.

VyIsfwC.jpg