HEARTCORE

Lana Considering a Re-Release of 'Ultraviolence'

She really needs to take the opportunity to re-master the album on CD so it doesn't sound like murky sludge

I mean, I know she probably has tinnitus, but girl, it could be a lot better ...

If that West Coast radio edit is any indication of what could have been, I'm up for hearing alternate versions of the tracks. 

However, I'd be into having the sound branch out some like Paradise did from BTD.  A reworked Hawaiian Tropic would be great on a UV add on.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Well many bands have regularly released an EP/extension after each of their albums, which usually contains unreleased tracks and demos, because they want to share their music (e.g. The National, Coldplay's Viva la Vida: Prospekt's March) . Lana could continue to do the same thing if she wants, maybe for the same reason Paradise was born. However, we all know that being in a mainstream label like Interscope would mean that (almost) everything they care about is money so they can make her make a bundle like what The Paradise Edition was, i.e. to sell more copies of (basically) the same album.

I honestly don't think that there is any problems against making a re-release like this, only if Lana has enough artistic ideas to make one, not because Interscope make her do one. 

Just as long it's not the "loon" sound, I am here for it. Although, I also don't want Dan Auerbach on it. I just want music with more layers than on UV sonically. I think that some of the sound of Paradise was actually a good move, it was just that some songs were not that strong. I think that songs like "American", "Ride" and "Bel Air" sound exceptional. I will however forever and ever hate "Gods and Monsters" and "Body Electric". 

But I'd rather take another great full lenght than an EP with half-baked songs. She needs to be careful with not running out of ideas for new music. I think she will keep on changing her sound. Thank God she has changed it for Ultraviolence, I honestly couldn't have handled another Haynie overproduction.

Maybe she should allow her music to be more playful, fun & upbeat  :hae: . No audience wants to listen to slow songs all the time, Lana  :icant2: 

A Paradise like EP for Ultraviolence would be pretty dope when i think about it. But even if one doesnt come, Ultraviolence is enough to stand on its own. With the extra music that comes with the deluxe version of the album.

If she has a re-release, I would cry so hard. Ultraviolence is so beautiful already, I don't know if it can get any better.

All the things you've said and the things you've done to me - You can no longer make me cry. #FreePalestine.

Just as long it's not the "loon" sound, I am here for it. Although, I also don't want Dan Auerbach on it. I just want music with more layers than on UV sonically. I think that some of the sound of Paradise was actually a good move, it was just that some songs were not that strong. I think that songs like "American", "Ride" and "Bel Air" sound exceptional. I will however forever and ever hate "Gods and Monsters" and "Body Electric". 

But I'd rather take another great full lenght than an EP with half-baked songs. She needs to be careful with not running out of ideas for new music. I think she will keep on changing her sound. Thank God she has changed it for Ultraviolence, I honestly couldn't have handled another Haynie overproduction.

Maybe she should allow her music to be more playful, fun & upbeat  :hae: . No audience wants to listen to slow songs all the time, Lana  :icant2: o

I agree that American is amazing but G&M is flawless so I`ll just pretend you didn`t say that :crossed: . When you say you want more upbeat songs you mean like OTTR, FK, or American? ( not very upbeat but not that slow either). I don`t really want her to have many upbeat tracks though. I hope they are happier but still peaceful.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I want it! Especially since I still don't own Ultraviolence.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but LUCKY! Because I want this re-release and I want Flipside so fucking badlyyyy!!!! :crying:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

So in the recent Complex magazine interview, which you can read here, the interviewer asked 'What defines being in a good place?', to which Lana responded:

"Feeling really happy and just circumstantially like nothing’s going wrong, which becomes more difficult but that’s only my experience. I think a lot of people think the whole thing is really great. Making Brooklyn my home base for the last two and a half weeks has really helped me out, like I’ve actually started thinking conceptually that I have this addition, an addition to this record that could come really easily. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not since I wrote that Paradise addition to Born to Die, which I really loved."

Could this mean a re-release of Ultraviolence with extra tracks, a la 'Born to Die: The Paradise Edition'?

Thanks to DelReyLane on twitter for pointing this out!

What happened to this :icant: