• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Time Online: 48d 18h 15m 58s

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Spoiler

How did I miss this first half of your comments yesterday? :gclap:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating:

I think societal pressures to have sex, and to not have sex, are both very destructive forces.

This is the crux of the matter for me.  :mariah:

Thank you for clarifying your position, @FormerLanaFan ...here's hoping I'm not the "self-righteous 'free-sex ideologist' here with little education and life experience" because that would be hilarious on too many levels. Peace... <3

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

#162 OFFLINE   System Error

System Error

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 12h 52m 34s

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

From sex to sexy - Lana's taste is great: http://www.starpulse...h_a_lot_of_guys_

Lana Del Rey has opened up about her career success in the new issue of Complex magazine, playing to all the critics and haters who have blasted her by revealing that she didn't sleep her way to the top to get famous -- although she did try.

While the singer's latest album, "Ultraviolence," features a track titled "F---ed My Way Up To The Top," Del Rey says that's not the path that took her to the top of the charts.

"It's commentary, like, 'I know what you think of me,' and I'm alluding to that," she says of the song, admitting that she did seek that kind of, er, 'help,' to land a deal.

"You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry," she adds, "but none of them helped me get my record deals.

"Which is annoying."

The singer has always been quite open about her sexuality, which is evident in her songs, and she says that she's a very physical person.

"I like a physical love," she says. "I like a hands-on love… How can I say this without getting into too much trouble? I like a tangible, passionate love. For me, if it isn't physical, I'm not interested."

Lana also shared her musical influences during the interview (read it here), revealing that she's a big jazz fan and loves Bob Seger.

"I love jazz," she says of what she was listening to during down time while writing her latest album. "I love Chet Baker's documentary 'Let's Get Lost,' which influenced my video for 'West Coast,' which Bruce Weber shot.

"I love Nina Simone and Billie Holiday like everybody else. I have a 70s playlist that I listen to daily," she adds. "A lot of Bob Seger, who I love. He's probably the main person I listen to, and also the Eagles and Chris Isaak 4.gif?w=750 30.gif?w=750 , Dennis Wilson and Brian Wilson. I like Echo and the Bunnymen, 'Killing Moon' — just like single tracks."

:brows: 

• technicolor likes this

#163 OFFLINE   Electric Body

Electric Body

Boss on the Boat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationMedusa's Path
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 162d 11h 5m 49s

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Such a mess ...
why dont we all just leave everyone f-ck with whomever they want (as long as there is no "damage" for anyone of course)

~ my cherries and wine ~

#164 OFFLINE   Backfire

Backfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 12h 38m 3s

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Where do I buy this

#165 ONLINE   salvatore

salvatore

The Yosemite Martyr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • Time Online: 104d 1h 42m 27s

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

How are the people here different?

They’re not different. I’m a little different. The vibe is the same. I met some guys from here last week I had never met before, and they were just really easygoing. All artist types—writing during the day and hanging out at bars at night. I miss that, I like that. I haven't really found that in California yet. I relocated there because my record got a little bit bigger, but I didn’t really find a music scene that I was a part of. There was something happening—there was kind of a reemerging Laurel Canyon sound. Jonathan Wilson, Father John Misty, and I really liked those guys. I felt like maybe I had something in common with them and I slipped right into that atmosphere really well.

i love that she was chasing that artistic community in California that she admittedly found some idea of in Brooklyn but decided to keep with LA, then she found her people with FJM and Johnathan Wilson for a quick minute, then sunk into the most basic and reductive version of herself with her new Beverly Hill GalPals- it's weird

also the fact she's been tacking at that 'Laurel Canyon' sound for a good 5-6 fucking years now and made it with Yosemite only to withhold it. it's great seeing Yosemite's influence being sparked in her darkest era despite the song being organically happy unlike Change

• theviolence, ivy and LanaFlowers like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users