Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

Down in aussie they got a saying, everyone down there are fucking talented.

troye-sivan.jpg

The atmospheric, downtempo electronic debut immediately brings Joel Little‘s productions to mind — the man behind BROODS and Lorde. “My happy little pill, take me away/Dry my eyes, bring color to my skies,” Troye sadly croons across dreamy synthesizers and tripping drum loops. There’s a kind of Lana Del Rey melancholy and world-weary quality to it, as well. (“Cocaine dollar bills” — #LanaProblems, indeed.)

“I wrote this song during a bit of a rough time for someone super close to me, and for myself, and it still means as much to me as the day i wrote it, and i’m still as in love with it as the day i wrote it (which is rare for me!!)” he explained on his Tumblr today. - Muumuse

Check his Youtube videoblogger self https://www.youtube.com/user/TroyeSivan18/videos
Check his sounds here: https://soundcloud.com/troye-sivan

And the song that made me fall in love with his music: http://www.tumblr.com/reblog/92612890366/dVnLlAeA

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Overproduced MESS of a chorus, lukewarm lyrics and an untrained although decent mid-pubescent voice

Tired of these YouTuber's that got famous for absolutely nothing trying to have music careers and shit

BzhmW.png

He follows me on Tumblr and I send him a Lana shirt!

I got the tracklist for his EP lmao:

1. Happy Little Pill

2. Touch

3. Fun

4. Gasoline

5. The Faults In Our Stars MMXIV

And actually Troye was 'famous' before he was a Youtuber as a classical singer and actor. He played young Wolverine in X Men and he posted videos of him singing since he was 14. If he wants to make pop music then let him live - bye.

More talented than someone who talks shit on a forum for fun or someone whose relevancy relies on hoarding photos...

Overproduced MESS of a chorus, lukewarm lyrics and an untrained although decent mid-pubescent voice

Tired of these YouTuber's that got famous for absolutely nothing trying to have music careers and shit

He can sing, but the level of the pretentiousness in his lyrics though... and he has a song called The Fault In Our Stars, really?

Just seems so overcalculated with how he writes his music and everything... and lord I almost got a heart attack when I skimmed through the post and saw Joel Little's name bolded, stop trying to trick us!

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

He follows me on Tumblr and I send him a Lana shirt!

I got the tracklist for his EP lmao:

1. Happy Little Pill

2. Touch

3. Fun

4. Gasoline

5. The Faults In Our Stars MMXIV

And actually Troye was 'famous' before he was a Youtuber as a classical singer and actor. He played young Wolverine in X Men and he posted videos of him singing since he was 14. If he wants to make pop music then let him live - bye.

More talented than someone who talks shit on a forum for fun or someone whose relevancy relies on hoarding photos...

Thanks for the tracklist Moy :kiss:

And I don't get the hate he is getting from you guys, but I tend to forget you guys have this AMAZING record label and know everything about the music media and stuff. Sorry I should bring a sad girl that looks exotic just like Lorde the next time I open a new thread cuz it looks like people can't write this type of songs cuz YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING SUICIDAL/SADLY MESS TO WRITE ABOUT DEPRESSION. Get your shit together.

He has a song called The Fault In Our Stars, really?

He wrote a version ages ago before the book was even going to be turned into a movie. He has a close relationship with John Green and he wanted it to be on the film's official soundtrack. It wasn't put on there so Troye released it anyway... #truthtea

but I tend to forget you guys have this AMAZING record label and know everything about the music media and stuff. Sorry I should bring a sad girl that looks exotic just like Lorde the next time I open a new thread cuz it looks like people can't write this type of songs cuz YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING SUICIDAL/SADLY MESS TO WRITE ABOUT DEPRESSION. Get your shit together.

Actually I do know significantly more than forum users about the music business because it's what I'm studying, my teacher owns an imprint/is a artist with platinum singles and albums/has a publishing deal and I work with record labels

sit down

BzhmW.png

Actually I do know significantly more than forum users about the music business because it's what I'm studying, my teacher owns an imprint/is a artist with platinum singles and albums/has a publishing deal and I work with record labels

sit down

Then your teacher is the one who should be talking, you are still a student who is full of himself.  :makeup:

Guest Dot

sit down

Then your teacher is the one who should be talking, you are still a student who is full of himself.  :makeup:

:gurl:

This song is really good tbh. The breathy vocals and the production go very well together. I can't at some of y'all hating on him. He's been in the business since he was very little, as Moy has already pointed out and he has also been writing music for a very long time. He's more talented than some of the other pop bitches out there so all you jealous bitches need to get your shit together.

Oh, and by the way Lana got famous through YouTube as well, so if you don't think that YouTuber's should become famous then you should not be a member of this community. #sorrynotsorry :umadney:

Just heard this and loved it.

I thought it was going to be some generic crap song like that Shawn Mandez song or most youtubers song.

It was like listening to BTD era Lana. :'(

I think his first single is a grower for me. I definitely give him credit for writing a song about such a taboo subject in society (especially the music industry); the hard truths about depression and using toxic coping mechanisms just to get by, etc etc. 

However, in my opinion, I think the production could have been less over-produced. And he does sound a little average. Again, not hating, I appreciate the song but the other parts of the puzzle (production, phrasing, voice) just don't add up for me. 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

19 year old white bottom Australian singing about doing cocaine good.bye.

Aren't you like a 14 year old bottom boy trying to get like 100k worth of plastic surgery?

I'm sorry who are you?

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Aren't you like a 14 year old bottom boy trying to get like 100k worth of plastic surgery?

I'm sorry who are you?

Aren't you like a 8 year old wannabe singer that spends all his mommys drug money buying fake YouTube views and comments. 

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

To be clear, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about this Troye guy.

no I want talking about you sorry if you thought I was I was speaking in reference to another person in this thread lol

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg