Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

I dont understand him. Its (imo) pretty mediocre songwriting (which he has a questionable hand in) mixed with even more underwhelming vocals (which I can only imagine live) all drown to death in heavy electro-pop production. Something about him just feels very forced to me. I don't know if its the tumblr pandering aesthetic he's trying to work or the child actor suddenly turned singer singed to a major label, it just comes off as really unappealing to me

I dont understand him. Its (imo) pretty mediocre songwriting (which he has a questionable hand in) mixed with even more underwhelming vocals (which I can only imagine live) all drown to death in heavy electro-pop production. Something about him just feels very forced to me. I don't know if its the tumblr pandering aesthetic he's trying to work or the child actor suddenly turned singer singed to a major label, it just comes off as really unappealing to me

I have to be in a certain mood for his music tbh... Also btw he's always been a singer I think, since 14?? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't really care for his lyrics though I mostly love the production. Although, a lot/some of his songs are overproduced which is a shame. Def favs from him are BITE and EASE though which are more stripped down.

Demos_copy.png

I totally get what you're saying and agree. I actually wish I would have pursued music more when I listen to him because everything sounds good, but beneath the surface the lyrics are very easy and cliché and his range is so small. Not to sound rude but I have at least as much vocal talent as him and could literally could sing any EP of his effortlessly in a studio. He just has the right people and producers around him and the popularity to create a good sound and enough YouTube fans to support it.

Even through all of this, "Bite" is excellent and I love this song.

H0bDaqU.gif

Allie X co-wrote it so maybe her next release would be even more appropriate.

Regardless, it just seems like she sent out the demo and he was like "oh this seems edgy!" and picked up and recorded it. Maybe he wrote a lot of it, but something inside tells me he isn't as involved with his songwriting as his credits let on

I found the EP CD in store today! Totally didn't think this would get a widespread physical release considering TRXYE was paid dust here physically.

MkWI4Ns.png

I found the EP CD in store today! Totally didn't think this would get a widespread physical release considering TRXYE was paid dust here physically.

I bought it yesterday!! It's so pretty omg.

They literally have it everywhere here, and they sold TRXYE as well as I live in Troye's home city

FzytWEW.png

I bought it yesterday!! It's so pretty omg.

They literally have it everywhere here, and they sold TRXYE as well as I live in Troye's home city

I live in the US, and I don't think Capitol gauged how big he would actually be until after the fact with TRXYE. But they stepped up with Wild, thank goodness

in the same bin as Ashley. trash

kind of like your attitude then

MkWI4Ns.png

what do we think the third part of blue neighbourhood will be? i'm praying for BITE but I think it's going to be EASE or THE QUIET

with the funeral snippet from part two, I want to say The Quiet or DKLA. Probs The Quiet

MkWI4Ns.png