The Lucky Ones

Kesha

lol i thought the lyric was 'dont touch my weed'

but both praying and woman are amazing songs

me too. "Don't touch my weed, don't call me honey" would be iconic.

I'm ready for Hymn.

Mfhp.gif

Having heard Kesha's Woman and St. Vincent's New York, I'm thinking there needs to be a new Grammy Award category: best use of EXPLETIVES in a song. Maybe they can nickname it the High-By-the-Beach Award, just because, you know ...  you could use the word motherfucker in a song, but that don't make you a song. But seriously, it's such a big part of the culture,  the Grammys should acknowledge it.

As for Kesha: I like her; I like her song (she sings fine, dope horns, but it's something I could only experience privately, alas). If I had to guess why she could be nominated in this new award category, it might be her strategic use/non-use of expletives against Dr. Luke. So "Praying" can be played on the radio, but it's embarassing to Dr. Luke to do so (so she doesn't care if he makes money off of it); whereas "Woman" cannot played. But I don't even know if you make money by playing your song on the radio; this is just conjecture on my part.

Having heard Kesha's Woman and St. Vincent's New York, I'm thinking there needs to be a new Grammy Award category: best use of EXPLETIVES in a song. Maybe they can nickname it the High-By-the-Beach Award, just because, you know ...  you could use the word motherfucker in a song, but that don't make you a song. But seriously, it's such a big part of the culture,  the Grammys should acknowledge it.

As for Kesha: I like her; I like her song (she sings fine, dope horns, but it's something I could only experience privately, alas). If I had to guess why she could be nominated in this new award category, it might be her strategic use/non-use of expletives against Dr. Luke. So "Praying" can be played on the radio, but it's embarassing to Dr. Luke to do so (so she doesn't care if he makes money off of it); whereas "Woman" cannot played. But I don't even know if you make money by playing your song on the radio; this is just conjecture on my part.

Are you OK?

BzhmW.png

Well if the reaction was that, apparently not. I mean the issue of expletive use is an interesting one for me, but my presentation didn't work. I'll try to rein it in a bit

what the fuck are you talking about

FzytWEW.png

Is there a release date on her next single? I wanted Hymn  :crossed:

There's speculation Hymn is being saved as a proper second single, so they switched tracks out

BzhmW.png

Oh my god she keeps releasing quality anthems. :defeated:

Video is the cutest thing ever and I love the song. I'm a sucker for trashy pop rock-ish songs. Literally all the songs released so far are amazing.

It's kinda funny how they just simply didn't release Hymn without giving any explanation and now we're back to the regular schedule lmao. I know they're probably saving it for 2nd single but that was so messy.

Again, I'm not crazy over Learn to Let Go. Its inoffensive, but not something I think I'd ever jam to.

how can u have such good opinions everywhere else on the forum but come in here with all this nonsense  :deadbanana:

14417469274.gif

how can u have such good opinions everywhere else on the forum but come in here with all this nonsense  :deadbanana:

nnnnnnn I love Kesha more than my life and I'll support her to the end but this song and Woman just didn't do it for me :rip: Praying can stay though

H0bDaqU.gif