teethclick

Book Thread!

The only books I have read this year are Hunger Games, Catching Fire & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, they're pretty amazing. I've also read Of Mice & Men for school. But, as I've just started English Literature for College I've got to read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and also Dracula by Bram Stoker. Then I have to read Jane Eyre. But apart from studies, I'm interested in reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (No guesses why :)

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Guest MissDaytona

I'm currently reading The Beautiful and the Damned by F Scott Fitz & something by Kant.. I'm not sure, I haven't started it yet

So I was just thinking about books, this past summer I read:

Lolita

Helter Skelter

Rosemary's Baby

Rosemary's Baby is classic but I of course love the movie more.

Lolita brought me to tears.

Helter Skelter was chilling at parts, and Manson deserves to get crushed to death.

I'm currently reading "Go Ask Alice" - It's good so far, nothing mind-blowing.

In school I am being forced to read "Of Mice and Men" and can safely say it's completely uninteresting.

It's my all-time favorite book, if that's any indication. Read it :creep:

Ok, I just finished it, hahhaha. It was good. It was not the best book I've read, but not bad either, hahha. I didn't catch get that he was molested tho, I was just reading about it and I found it out, haahha. :toofloppy: Looks like I have to reread the last pages!

last.fm  

Ok, I just finished it, hahhaha. It was good. It was not the best book I've read, but not bad either, hahha. I didn't catch get that he was molested tho, I was just reading about it and I found it out, haahha. :toofloppy: Looks like I have to reread the last pages!

o well...Then what is the best book you've ever read? :what:

The best novel I have ever read is called Always & Forever and Five Other Lies by Veronica Simunovic. :) Sitar, you should read it! Perks used to be my favorite novel of all time, until I read A&FAFOL. It's seriously a perfect book.

My favorite series is Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those books are my childhood and I will never stop loving them. They're so well written, and the story is so good. They got me through a lot of hard times. I've read the series in its entirety 3 times, they're full of great humor, emotion, mystery, idk just about everything you could think of. I wish they had continued the movies, they had the perfect cast.

Meryl Streep + Jim Carrey + Emily Browning = :legend:

I can't imagine how amazing the movies would have become if they'd continued them because the plot gets so much more interesting and really picks up towards the middle of the series. I could really talk about those books all day tbh.

14417469274.gif