teethclick

Book Thread!

My favorite series is Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

My brother, sister, and I were obsessed. A family friend knows 'Lemony Snicket' so got us a signed book. He signed it, 'To the ____Triplets~ Three Future Orphans.' Aged 7 we were scarred for life.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

My brother, sister, and I were obsessed. A family friend knows 'Lemony Snicket' so got us a signed book. He signed it, 'To the Apter Triplets~ Three Future Orphans.' Aged 7 we were scarred for life.

That is fucking awesome! :) Thanks for sharing that! I'm jealous. What I wouldn't give to meet him and just talk to him for hours...

14417469274.gif

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is probably my all-time favorite, along with To Kill a Mockingbird.

Currently re-reading The Beautiful and the Damned (Quite slowly, I might add) and wanting to start The Anti Christ by Nietzsche! Really missing summer when I had time for all that.. of course I took it for granted and just slept :(

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Well I'm currently reading "Severed: The True Story of the Black Dahlia" - it's good so far. I enjoy a good crime novel. (Last one I read was Helter Skelter for the 2nd time).

The last book I read that I really really enjoyed was We Need To Talk About Kevin. Destroyedme/10

I heard the movie was great, do you recommend the book a lot? And have you seen the movie?

My brother, sister, and I were obsessed. A family friend knows 'Lemony Snicket' so got us a signed book. He signed it, 'To the Apter Triplets~ Three Future Orphans.' Aged 7 we were scarred for life.

I am so jealous! I adored those books when I was younger. We had this program in middle school called AR (accelerated reader) where we had to read books then get tested for reading comprehension for points. It was such a drag for me until I found those books & the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is probably my all-time favorite, along with To Kill a Mockingbird.

ARE U SERIOUS?!! everyone Ive ever met hates Sylvia bc they think she's so depressing (which she may be but I love her work)

Now i feel like rereading it

:crying:

Since I'm in school now I'm stuck reading "Sam Houston and the American Southwest" for my History class :'(

I reread Lolita & Kite Runner over the summer though

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

I heard the movie was great, do you recommend the book a lot? And have you seen the movie?

I strongly recommend the book. Absolutely eye opener. The movie was great and Tilda Swinton did an excellent job but it misses out on some important parts, in my opinion. I feel like you need to read the book before seeing the film. But definitely do both, you'll adore them.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Currently re-reading The Beautiful and the Damned (Quite slowly, I might add) and wanting to start The Anti Christ by Nietzsche! Really missing summer when I had time for all that.. of course I took it for granted and just slept :(

The Bell Jar is probably my favorite book too, I love it so much

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

The best novel I have ever read is called Always & Forever and Five Other Lies by Veronica Simunovic. :) Sitar, you should read it! Perks used to be my favorite novel of all time, until I read A&FAFOL. It's seriously a perfect book.

Sure! Although that's a tall order. But I love suggestions. I need something new to capture my interest, I don't think I've finished a book since summer because of school.

...Hang on. This book doesn't appear to exist on any site I know :uh:

Currently re-reading The Beautiful and the Damned (Quite slowly, I might add) and wanting to start The Anti Christ by Nietzsche!

A friend of mine is obsessed with Nietzsche; it's seriously almost all he reads. Is it worth a try? For some reason, it seems like it would be dry to me.

I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, it was heartbreaking. I thought the first half of the book was much stronger than the second, where it started getting a little predictable, but I still liked the book. Now I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author, also liking that one. Sadly I'm realizing how little I actually know about Afghanistan and the people and the culture despite it being on the news so much.

To be away from all, to be one of everything

I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, it was heartbreaking. I thought the first half of the book was much stronger than the second, where it started getting a little predictable, but I still liked the book. Now I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author, also liking that one. Sadly I'm realizing how little I actually know about Afghanistan and the people and the culture despite it being on the news so much.

I started A Thousand Splendid Suns but I was weird about it, I loved it but still didn't like it :what: . Lol okay that makes no sense.

Also, has anyone read Breakfast at Tiffany's? I watched the movie first and was kinda shocked at how different the endings are; love them both though

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I just started Sophie's World today, and I'm in love. Basically, it breaks down the last 2,000+ years of philosophy into a novel with an engaging plot and intriguing details. :flutter: I'm just over 200 pages into it, but I really like the translation I have. Can't wait to finish it!

If anyone else has read Plato, it's a great refresher/reminder to Platonic thought as a whole. In Rhetoric, I have just finished his Gorgias dialogue, and have moved on to Phaedrus. I'm doing his Republic in a month or two...I'm afraid.

I'm trying to get my hands on Dubliners and some Steinbeck books I didn't read. I seriously stagnated with reading last month, I'm not entirely sure why (oh yes, I didn't like the book I was reading but I didn't want to order a new one so soon). So I lavished in Lolita again, although I've read it a couple of times before. Think I'm ready to move on at the moment.

I'm also reading Amy, My Daughter at the same time but it makes my mood go down really low so I avoid it often. Sigh

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif