Honeymooner

Lucky Ones performed live?

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if Lana has ever performed "Lucky Ones" live?  I like that song, but haven't found any indication that she has ever performed it live.  It'd be interesting to hear how it's done.

Thanks!

Ummmm no cause its the redheaded stepchild of BTD.

Speaking of bonuses, Without you should have been a single and also, she should have sang it on SNL instead of BJ D:

True

it would have boosted her retro glam beauty queen image even more 

I would love to get this one as the opening song for her live shows - I love the lyrics, the voice and the melody - and I do think the band could play it - I am really impressed by her current band. Maybe one day ... but it's definitely her best song taken from 'BTD'.

The arrangement on the demo version would work really well for a live band, slowed down a bit in parts. Anyway, this is a great bonus song, but, like OTTR, might be too hard to sing live.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I think it's because of the very weird instrumental. Like, what are the instruments used in it? I doubt her band could play it 

The instrumentation isn't that unusual.  Percussion, harp, and strings.  She always has a live string quartet on stage with her, so that wouldn't be a problem.  The harp could be synthesized as it is for Video Games (sometimes you hear harp at the beginning; other times it's just piano), and the timpani rolls could be substituted with regular drums, or synthesized as well.  It'd be fun to hear this one live!

@ I'm disinclined to merge it now because the numerous responses would just clutter up that thread, but minor factual questions like these should be posted here rather than getting their own threads.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I wonder what will be the songs from UV she never performs...I call Florida Kilos

I'm gonna guess perhaps Brooklyn Baby?

She'll definitely perform West Coast... already has, actually.  And she once sang a couple of verses of "Old Money" a capella, so I'm sure she'll perform that with full instrumentation later on (though it may sound different than the album, since the album version only has strings and piano).

One thing about "Old Money," though, is that it's mostly in her lower vocal range.  I've noticed that when she sings other songs live that are normally in her low range, she changes the pitches and goes higher instead.  I think that's because, despite being amplified, there's so much other noise around from the band and the audience that she can't sing the low notes with enough volume to be heard.  That's no fault of hers; it's just how it is when you sing in your low vocal register.  It'll depend on the song, though; if it's a quiet one, like "Old Money" is, then perhaps she won't have any trouble.

I'm gonna guess perhaps Brooklyn Baby?

She'll definitely perform West Coast... already has, actually.  And she once sang a couple of verses of "Old Money" a capella, so I'm sure she'll perform that with full instrumentation later on (though it may sound different than the album, since the album version only has strings and piano).

One thing about "Old Money," though, is that it's mostly in her lower vocal range.  I've noticed that when she sings other songs live that are normally in her low range, she changes the pitches and goes higher instead.  I think that's because, despite being amplified, there's so much other noise around from the band and the audience that she can't sing the low notes with enough volume to be heard.  That's no fault of hers; it's just how it is when you sing in your low vocal register.  It'll depend on the song, though; if it's a quiet one, like "Old Money" is, then perhaps she won't have any trouble.

Some fans said that they heard her do Brooklyn Baby doing a sound check so she might do it...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Some fans said that they heard her do Brooklyn Baby doing a sound check so she might do it...

I wouldn't say that. She did a couple of songs during her soundcheck in Berlin last June which she finally didn't sing later. I think it's only a kind of warm-up for her & her band.

The thing is, there are songs that are too personal / emotional to sing on stage in front of a huge crowd or not fun enough singing them live, but aren't personal / emotional enough to put them on a record.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But well, getting 'Cruel World' and 'Flipside' live would be overwhelming.

I wouldn't say that. She did a couple of songs during her soundcheck in Berlin last June which she finally didn't sing later. I think it's only a kind of warm-up for her & her band.

The thing is, there are songs that are too personal / emotional to sing on stage in front of a huge crowd or not fun enough singing them live, but aren't personal / emotional enough to put them on a record.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But well, getting 'Cruel World' and 'Flipside' live would be overwhelming.

She will have to sing Cruel World, she kind of already started it with those little intros before UV was released :smile:

I do wonder how will she treat the bonus tracks though, ITH sound like a song she would nail live, but will she consider it....

She will have to sing Cruel World, she kind of already started it with those little intros before UV was released :smile:

I do wonder how will she treat the bonus tracks though, ITH sound like a song she would nail live, but will she consider it....

I think maybe she won't sing ITH, BB and SOC because they are about Barrie. They might be too emotional for her... Maybe?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I think maybe she won't sing ITH, BB and SOC because they are about Barrie. They might be too emotional for her... Maybe?

If she doesn't sing BB... :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

IDK, most of her songs about past relationships so it shouldn't be a problem

She didn't have problem singing "Jim raised me up, he hit me and it felt like a kiss" while Jimmy Gnecco was there, so I'm hopeful. (And yes I know the song is not about that Jim, but it's still close)