Honeymooner

Lucky Ones performed live?

If she doesn't sing BB... :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

IDK, most of her songs about past relationships so it shouldn't be a problem

She didn't have problem singing "Jim raised me up, he hit me and it felt like a kiss" while Jimmy Gnecco was there, so I'm hopeful. (And yes I know the song is not about that Jim, but it's still close)

I hope so. BB, ITH and SOC are some of the best songs on the record...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I hope so. BB, ITH and SOC are some of the best songs on the record...

She could just sing the whole album excluding Guns and Roses and we could all live happily ever after :godlaugh:

She could just sing the whole album excluding Guns and Roses and we could all live happily ever after :godlaugh:

Hey guns and roses would slay live. but ye! And it would be recorded in very high quality...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Guest Dot

I think it's because of the very weird instrumental. Like, what are the instruments used in it? I doubt her band could play it 

This must be it. The same goes for Bel Air...unfortunately. It's probably why she changed the instrumental of Body Electric as well. 

This must be it. The same goes for Bel Air...unfortunately. It's probably why she changed the instrumental of Body Electric as well. 

I really don't see the instrumentation as being a problem.  I haven't listened to Bel Air, but if it's the same type of thing as Lucky Ones, then it would be fine to play live.  If you watch some of the live Video Games performances, you may notice the harp at the beginning, but there's no harp on the stage.  There are also no backup singers on stage.  I've often noticed a laptop sitting by the synthesizer player.  Those will have some tracks going that may include instruments that aren't on the stage, and will also include backing vocals.  If you've ever watched Lorde perform live, if you get a close-up on the stage, there's a laptop by the keyboardist.  The laptop runs her background vocals along with other instruments.  So, for Lana, in the case of something like Lucky Ones, the chimes, harp, and timpani could all be done through tracks.  The chimes could even by played live by the synth player.

I really don't see the instrumentation as being a problem.  I haven't listened to Bel Air, but if it's the same type of thing as Lucky Ones, then it would be fine to play live.  If you watch some of the live Video Games performances, you may notice the harp at the beginning, but there's no harp on the stage.  There are also no backup singers on stage.  I've often noticed a laptop sitting by the synthesizer player.  Those will have some tracks going that may include instruments that aren't on the stage, and will also include backing vocals.  If you've ever watched Lorde perform live, if you get a close-up on the stage, there's a laptop by the keyboardist.  The laptop runs her background vocals along with other instruments.  So, for Lana, in the case of something like Lucky Ones, the chimes, harp, and timpani could all be done through tracks.  The chimes could even by played live by the synth player.

You haven't listened to Bel Air??!???? One of her best songs.......

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Guest Dot

:wat:  :wat:  :wat:  :wat:  :wat:

Anyway... Bel Air, apart from it's production would be quite hard to play live due to it's vocal production. I can see why Lana never played it live, but I wish she would've at least tried. :defeated:

If she doesn't sing BB...  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I'm gonna be so pissed if she doesn't at least play it a few times.

And no one's mentioned This is What Makes Us Girls? That's one of her best songs and she's never done it live.

omg i am still pressed about this.  :defeated:

The Lucky Ones is one of my favorite Lana songs, too,  so basically ask me what songs I like and she won't perform them :rip:

REJPMf7.png

You haven't listened to Bel Air??!???? One of her best songs.......

Actually, I take that back... I HAD heard it, just didn't remember the name. :)  Listening to it again now...

OK, so Bel Air *could* easily be performed live.  It's strings, percussion, and piano, all of which she has at every concert (except when it's a really small venue, then she usually just has piano and guitar, and maybe percussion).

@bnewall1: I really, really like the stuff you post. It seems you know much about music. It's very refreshing having you here.

It makes me a bit sad that people here think Lana couldn't play this or that song live - I mean, do they really know what they are talking about? Her band is fantastic, I am absolutely impressed by her drummer and guitar player, and Lana's voice has improved so much since last year which all those YouTube vids and its quality don't show at all. She just blew me away 2 months ago. 

I am sure she could easily sing all of her recorded songs live.

Just remember: If people like what I’m doing on stage that's a big ‘fuck you’ to whoever doubted me in the first place. ~ LDR ~

I couldn't believe more in Lana & her band. :godlaugh: