Sign in to follow this  
florencewelch

Fitz & the Tantrums

Fitz & The Tantrums are an American neo soul/indie pop band from Los Angeles, formed in 2008. The band consists of Michael Fitzpatrick (lead vocals and keyboards), Noelle Scaggs (vocals and percussion), James King (saxophone, flute, keyboard, percussion and guitar), Joseph Karnes (bass guitar), Jeremy Ruzumna (keyboards) and John Wicks (drums and percussion). They are produced by Chris Seefried, who is also a co-writer.

SINGLES

"Winds of Change"

"L.O.V."

"Breakin' the Chains of Love"

"MoneyGrabber"

"Don't Gotta Work It Out"

"Out of My League"

"The Walker"

Alright, so if you've heard these guys from anywhere, it's "The Walker" from Ellen's Oscar commercials from this past year, or playing in Urban Outfitters. They've got two albums, Pickin' Up the Pieces, and More Than Just a Dream. I've seem them live, and they put on a damn good show. They're amazingly fun, and they've got a really cool Hall & Oates meets technopop type vibe. I strongly urge you to give them a listen.

BUY PICKIN' UP THE PIECES HERE

BUY MORE THAN JUST A DREAM HERE

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

Known about them for quite awhile, but just recently saw them front row at Sweetlife right before Lana came on stage. They were amazing. Their stage presence is just so energetic and you can't help but to scream along the lyrics. During a song at Sweetlife, Fitz got so into it he literally fell off the stage.. like right beside me. Fitz & Noelle have this awesome, unexpected mojo when they sing together. They look like such an unlikely pair but let me tell you, it fucking works!

And "Hall & Oates meets technopop", what a perfect description.