Sign in to follow this  
Rebel

jj

jj%252BJoakimBenonElinKastlande1.jpg

jj is a Swedish duo, consisting of Joakim Benon and Elin Kastlander.

They've released a couple of albums so far, jj n° 2jj n° 3, and most recently, V. I've heard of some of their music but didn't have the chance to listen to a lot of their music until I fell in love with a song off of their latest album V, titled Dean & Me which was featured in a list of the "saddest songs of 2014 so far" which also featured Lana, Lykke Li, Shura and a bunch of other great stuff (there's seriously so many amazing songs in that list, I really want to make a list for some of the other artists on there but we'll see how this one goes). Their music is super ethereal, dream pop and indie pop. 

Dean & Me

If you like the track, you should definitely find more of their music. I got V on vinyl (limited edition clear vinyl ooooooh) yesterday and it was the best purchase of this month because I haven't listened to their album in full yet, and when I did it was amazing. Super cohesive and stunning, super good for walking around at night.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

OMG I knew Shuichi would post about following them from their formation or sth lel

Not necessarily blown away by the song (maybe I just wanted it to be sadder?) but I'll take the recommendation and listen to the whole album :brows3:

OMG I knew Shuichi would post about following them from their formation or sth lel

Not necessarily blown away by the song (maybe I just wanted it to be sadder?) but I'll take the recommendation and listen to the whole album :brows3:

hahah, how come? Did this happen often previously? 

I find most of these bands out thanks to stereogum. I started reading that blog since I was 16, and they never cease to amaze me. In fact, I stumbled upon Lana in that same blog, so I'm reluctant to quit it hahah

BTW, in my humble opinion, their best stuff is clustered in "High Summer EP". Despite the sucky name, the songs in there are SO fucking good.

My favs are Are You Still In Valda?, Things Will Never Be The Same Again and Let Go.

Plus, one of their best songs is this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB6NB7WNJbo

Okay so I just finished listening through V for the first time and I am literally blown away. I don't even know how to categorize their sound and the emotions they evoke, and I kind of like that they don't fit in any box I know of. I'm super excited to continue diving into ther body of work, thanks so much for the recommendation @@Rebel :flutter:

Based off of first listen alone, I think "All Ways, Always" is the weakest on the record. Nothing else showed any signs of weakness to me upon initial reaction.

H0bDaqU.gif