Sign in to follow this  
florencewelch

ally's poetry (or something like that)

ok so for english we had to write a thing giving advice to anybody and i wrote this thing and i'm super proud of it so read it or don't whatever

If you don’t feel like shaving, don’t shave. If someone tells you to shave, ask them why it matters if you have hair on your body or not. When you’re with anybody, and they tell an offensive joke, ask them to explain it, and watch the light their eyes. If you’re cisgender, awesome. If you’re transgender, cool. If you’re agender, neat-o. If you like boys, girls, transgenders, or no gender at all, amazing. How you identify your gender and/or sexuality is nobody’s business but yours. Wear pink, floral dresses with sandals that make you feel oh-so-pretty. Wear dark eyeliner and dark lipstick and torn-up jeans and heels that look like they could kill a man just by stepping on him. Wear sweatpants and tie your hair up in a messy bun and don’t wear any make-up. Wear whatever you want. Wear tight-fitting dresses and sexy make-up. You are not “asking” to be raped or assaulted; your clothing does not define your consent. If a man asks you to enter your number into his phone, and you suspect something’s off about him, use his phone to text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross. If you are in an abusive relationship, get out of it. Don’t be afraid of the outcome of telling somebody. And even if you think you’re still in love with your abuser, that doesn’t matter. I personally guarantee that the feeling is not mutual if you are being abused. Remember, once a cheater, always a cheater. Don’t tell your partner “I love you” too early in the relationship. Don’t let anybody tell you you’re a runaround Sue or any vulgar term for being romantically involved with many people; if anything, they’re jealous. Don’t be ashamed of your interests, beliefs, or anything about yourself, but also don’t frown upon people who don’t share the same. If you enjoy picking daisies, go for it. If you’re into sports, congrats. If you’re into disturbing, twisted literature, that’s nice, too. If you’re into performing the Time Warp in front of people you’ve never spoken to before and feeling so anxious that you’re sure you’re about to explode, spectacular. If you see somebody and automatically think, “Oh, my God, she’s really ugly,” and then correct yourself and think, “No, she isn’t. I don’t know why I just thought that,” because you’re a better person than that, that’s okay. The first thought you have upon seeing somebody is what you have been conditioned to think. The second thought you have is what you truly believe. It’s terribly hard not to write someone off based on a first impression, but try your best to not do so. It could come back to bite you. Don’t ever force a vegetarian or a vegan to eat something that they can’t; it’s incredibly rude. Smile at people, even if you don’t think that they are worthy of your brilliance. If you’ve been through a tough time, whether it be a mental or physical disorder or being emotionally destroyed by the season finale of a TV show, and you’re still here, I’m proud of you. As cliché as it sounds, whatever you’re going through, it does, in fact, get better; it’s always darkest before the dawn. If you need any further motivation, just remember that Tony Stark has anxiety, Bruce Banner attempted suicide, Sherlock Holmes hates himself, as does Dean Winchester, Peter Quill lost the one he loved the most, Lana Del Rey is struggling with depression, and they’ve all saved the world in some way, shape, or form. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help. Eat three meals a day (or as many as you want, really), drink lots of water, never skip out on taking your medicine, make friends you can trust, pay attention in class, listen to your favorite music, write your heart out, question the norm, surround yourself with who you love, pet lots of dogs, laugh, and do what makes you happy. Don’t rely on other people for your happiness. You are the protagonist of your own story; don’t be the antagonist of somebody else’s. If you take away anything from this poem, let it be this: Don’t be ashamed or afraid to be yourself. I end this with a quote from a time-traveling alien/madman with a box.

“You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.”

― The Doctor

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!