Honeymooner

Ultraviolence without Dan Auerbach?

Guest Dot

I really wonder if Rick's versions of Sad Girl and Shades of Cool sound like. I really like his version of West Coast (I still believe that the demo version sounds the exact same but probably mastered differently) and I want to know if his demo versions of SOC and Sad Girl are just as good.

ULTRAVIOLENCE, on 21 Sept 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:

I really wonder if Rick's versions of Sad Girl and Shades of Cool sound like. I really like his version of West Coast (I still believe that the demo version sounds the exact same but probably mastered differently) and I want to know if his demo versions of SOC and Sad Girl are just as good.

In the SG Instrumental, you can hear some vocals from the demo.

image.png

I don't think so.

She recorded it with the band so it kinda makes sense that you can hear some vocals. It happens the same w SoC after the bridge. Weird that they're both Rick songs so yeah I'm not sure but I always thought that there's vocals on the instrumentals because the album was recorded like that

Vocals on Sad Girl are produced by Rick tho so they're the same from the demo (just like Black Beauty)

Edit: It's all so weird because if vocals were already done when she was making the album again with Dan then why you can hear some vocals on the instrumental? :toofunny:

She recorded it with the band so it kinda makes sense that you can hear some vocals. It happens the same w SoC after the bridge. Weird that they're both Rick songs so yeah I'm not sure but I always thought that there's vocals on the instrumentals because the album was recorded like that

Vocals on Sad Girl are produced by Rick tho so they're the same from the demo (just like Black Beauty)

Edit: It's all so weird because if vocals were already done when she was making the album again with Dan then why you can hear some vocals on the instrumental? :toofunny:

Accept Im probably right :read: :oop2:

image.png

Vocals can bleed into other tracks when a band is being recorded live.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I guess we kind of have an idea of what it would sound like now since Your Girl, Yes to Heaven, and Fine China have leaked, and those are all pre-dan, right?

yes. They were recorded in the same month that she recorded Big Eyes and I Can Fly, along with these three, Shades of Cool and Is This Happiness.