dirkdabo

Lana to perform at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles Oct 17 and 18

OK, hopefully this time, my big-ass reply won't get eaten up!!

We had 3 different groups around us smoking (weed) and drinking (alcohol) straight from the bottle. The smell was disgusting.

Yeah, I can't stand the smell of weed myself.

I also heard that her concerts were crazy before I went, so I wasn't too surprised. It was just annoying. And you are so, so, so lucky that you are that tall!!! I got to the lawn around 6:45-ish, so I wasn't super early but I wasn't late either.

That's about the same time we got to the lawn. We arrived and got in line at 4:50. The line was already around the corner, so they must not have been enforcing the "no lining up before 5 PM" rule very strictly. We stood there for about 15 minutes, and then the line started moving. It was because they had set up the wooden stakes and tape and allowed people to line up there, so the whole line moved. We ended up about halfway into that area a little after 5, and there we waited until the gates opened. Once the gates opened, it took us about another 30 minutes or so to get through, and then we headed to the lawn.

I also wish that she did smaller venues. I know that Hollywood Forever was considered small compared to where she's been playing recently. I also heard that the Friday concert was "calm" compared to her others.

The audience was fairly well-behaved, except for the potheads, LOL. I think Lana likes playing outdoor concerts because she can smoke on stage. I heard she went through 3 cigarettes on Saturday. I only saw her smoke one on Friday, and it was near the beginning of the set. Also, a couple of years ago, she wasn't that popular and could play smaller venues. Now, I'd imagine, as popular as she is, she can command a large audience at a big venue. If she played a small one now, the tickets would sell out so fast that there'd probably be a riot!

I wish that she did small venues for the quiet, more respectful fans, and have there be no smoking or drinking.

Me too! If she ever does a concert in San Diego, I'll definitely go, regardless of the size of the venue. I liked the one in LA, but I wouldn't drive all the way up there again (or even to Orange County) to see another one. Here, though? Most definitely!!

i never cared for carmen until i heard this performance. actually, if any of you haven't heard the whole set, GO LISTEN NOW. it's magical. 

does anyone have a vid of the full cruel world?? sorry if i missed it.

OH MY GOD!!!!! If I was a judge on The Voice, my chair was turned after the second Carmen! 

And by full vid of Cruel World, do u mean live?

OK, hopefully this time, my big-ass reply won't get eaten up!!

Yeah, I can't stand the smell of weed myself.

That's about the same time we got to the lawn. We arrived and got in line at 4:50. The line was already around the corner, so they must not have been enforcing the "no lining up before 5 PM" rule very strictly. We stood there for about 15 minutes, and then the line started moving. It was because they had set up the wooden stakes and tape and allowed people to line up there, so the whole line moved. We ended up about halfway into that area a little after 5, and there we waited until the gates opened. Once the gates opened, it took us about another 30 minutes or so to get through, and then we headed to the lawn.

The audience was fairly well-behaved, except for the potheads, LOL. I think Lana likes playing outdoor concerts because she can smoke on stage. I heard she went through 3 cigarettes on Saturday. I only saw her smoke one on Friday, and it was near the beginning of the set. Also, a couple of years ago, she wasn't that popular and could play smaller venues. Now, I'd imagine, as popular as she is, she can command a large audience at a big venue. If she played a small one now, the tickets would sell out so fast that there'd probably be a riot!

Me too! If she ever does a concert in San Diego, I'll definitely go, regardless of the size of the venue. I liked the one in LA, but I wouldn't drive all the way up there again (or even to Orange County) to see another one. Here, though? Most definitely!!

Ya, the smell of weed is very skunky, imo.

I got there at like 2:30, but we had a parking pass and then you had to wait until 6:00 to park. Worst decision EVER! When we drove by at 2:30, only one small group was in line, and when we drove by again at like 4:30/5:00-ish that group was at THE FRONT OF THE LINE!!!!!!! Ugh!!!

I don't mind her smoking because you can't really smell it, it's just the other people. And I understand why now she couldn't necessarily do a small venue. :(

That's the awesome thing about living in Orange County, your pretty much exactly halfway in between LA and San Diego! Do you live in south San Diego? From where I am (south OC) it's takes just about an hour to drive to San Diego.

I got there at like 2:30, but we had a parking pass and then you had to wait until 6:00 to park. Worst decision EVER!

Yeah, when I bought the tickets, I bought a parking pass as well. It wasn't until I got the reminder e-mail from TicketFly the day of the concert that I found out that the on-site parking didn't open until 6, and that the off-site parking (for which I would've had to pay $10) didn't open until 5:30. We decided to just park somewhere in the neighborhood and walk. We had to park a few blocks away, and we walked about 15-20 minutes (almost a mile).

When we drove by at 2:30, only one small group was in line, and when we drove by again at like 4:30/5:00-ish that group was at THE FRONT OF THE LINE!!!!!!! Ugh!!!

Wow, so they DEFINITELY weren't enforcing the "no lining up before 5 PM" rule. Had I known that, I would've tried to be there earlier, although my wife wouldn't have gone for it.

I don't mind her smoking because you can't really smell it, it's just the other people. And I understand why now she couldn't necessarily do a small venue. :(

Her smoke didn't bother me, either. But I hate the fact that she does smoke, though, because I'm afraid it's going to eventually ruin her voice. Her voice is so unbelievable gorgeous, and I can't stand the thought of it being damaged by smoking.

Do you live in south San Diego? From where I am (south OC) it's takes just about an hour to drive to San Diego.

Yeah, we're in south SD. City of Chula Vista, to be exact. With some traffic, it took us 2.5 hours to drive home.

Yeah, when I bought the tickets, I bought a parking pass as well. It wasn't until I got the reminder e-mail from TicketFly the day of the concert that I found out that the on-site parking didn't open until 6, and that the off-site parking (for which I would've had to pay $10) didn't open until 5:30. We decided to just park somewhere in the neighborhood and walk. We had to park a few blocks away, and we walked about 15-20 minutes (almost a mile).

Wow, so they DEFINITELY weren't enforcing the "no lining up before 5 PM" rule. Had I known that, I would've tried to be there earlier, although my wife wouldn't have gone for it.

Her smoke didn't bother me, either. But I hate the fact that she does smoke, though, because I'm afraid it's going to eventually ruin her voice. Her voice is so unbelievable gorgeous, and I can't stand the thought of it being damaged by smoking.

Yeah, we're in south SD. City of Chula Vista, to be exact. With some traffic, it took us 2.5 hours to drive home.

Ya. I heard that people tried lining up at 5 am and they were threatened by the police to be pepper sprayed and have their tickets taken away.

That's true about the smoking. :/ 

Okay. That is pretty far. My mom drove my sister up to Pasadena for a One Direction Concert last month and it took them 2 hours with only some traffic. I'm in Mission Viejo to be exact, so not as south as Dana Point and San Clemente, but still pretty south. 

I'm in Mission Viejo to be exact, so not as south as Dana Point and San Clemente, but still pretty south.

We've been to Mission Viejo a couple of times, both while on route elsewhere. :) Many years ago, we stopped at the Sport Chalet there right off the 5 around Oso Parkway (I think) to get some stuff on our way to Lake Tahoe, and earlier this year, met a friend at a restaurant there for lunch on our way to Torrance.

We've been to Mission Viejo a couple of times, both while on route elsewhere. :) Many years ago, we stopped at the Sport Chalet there right off the 5 around Oso Parkway (I think) to get some stuff on our way to Lake Tahoe, and earlier this year, met a friend at a restaurant there for lunch on our way to Torrance.

Ya. There's one right off the 5 on Crown Valley Pkwy and there's one farther off the 5 at Oso Pkwy and Alicia Pkwy. I've never been as far south as Chula Vista, but I've been to SD many times. I've been to the zoo and airport many times, and have been Sea World once or twice. We also have some family friends who live down in SD that we go to visit every once in awhile. :-)

I know I said this before, but I'll say it again: "Old Money" was my favorite song of the concert, by far. Having listened to recordings of both, I have to say that I liked Friday night's version better than Saturday, and that's not just because I was there on Friday. I thought it was interesting how, in the second verse, on Friday night, she changed the lyrics from "those summer nights" to "those Jersey nights," but did not do that on Saturday.

To be honest, I think she enjoyed Friday more than Saturday. Even though she gave us a brand new song on Saturday... Something seemed off. I think it's because this performance was being filmed.

Possibly... Of the few videos I've seen of Saturday's performance, I really didn't see her crack a smile at all... except when that guy shouted out "Lana, sit on my face!" right before "Million Dollar Man," and she lost it for a second. (Did you hear that guy in person? Were you up close enough? He must have been up close to the front, or she wouldn't have heard him.)

I know I said this before, but I'll say it again: "Old Money" was my favorite song of the concert, by far. Having listened to recordings of both, I have to say that I liked Friday night's version better than Saturday, and that's not just because I was there on Friday. I thought it was interesting how, in the second verse, on Friday night, she changed the lyrics from "those summer nights" to "those Jersey nights," but did not do that on Saturday.

She sings "Jersey nights" because those are the original lyrics. Listen to "Methamphetamines", it's an old Lizzy Grant song :)

Anyone know what became of the apparent professional recording that was being done for the October 18 (Saturday) show at Hollywood Forever? Has anyone heard or seen anything?

I think about this almost everyday! All I know is that Kevin Kerslake retweeted that he's making a film (in October) and this instagram http://instagram.com/p/uV_impyj1q/

Sorry if this is old news...

Bury me to Bel Air.

I think about this almost everyday! All I know is that Kevin Kerslake retweeted that he's making a film (in October) and this instagram http://instagram.com/p/uV_impyj1q/

Sorry if this is old news...

It's not old news, at least not to me. I've thought about it a lot, too!! I hope it comes out somewhere...

The second concert (October 18th) was professionally recorded, I just wanted to know why Lana/Universal didn't released a dvd/blu-ray for it yet.

original.gif

The second concert (October 18th) was professionally recorded, I just wanted to know why Lana/Universal didn't released a dvd/blu-ray for it yet.

I have a feeling it's because she was kind of nervous during that show and it was obvious in the recording :(  I'm not holding my breath for it.

Bury me to Bel Air.