dirkdabo

Lana to perform at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles Oct 17 and 18

Wow... I tried and failed, and then had to leave, but was gonna ask if anyone had any luck buying tickets. It seems the answer is No. My experience was that starting at 7:00, I would try to get to the page, kept getting "Soon." I'd refresh, and one of 3 things would happen: "Soon," "Server Too Busy," or "Page not found." Whoever's bright idea it was to host a server that is gonna get thousands of simultaneous hits on Microsoft IIS should be fired. Finally, just before 7:20, I actually got a link to come up with "Buy" next to the October 17 date. Clicked it, waited for what seemed like an eternity, then it asked for the quantity. Put in "2" and waited another eternity, only to have it come back and tell me they were "out of stock," which I took to mean they had sold out already. I'm hoping that they just had a limited number of "pre-sale" tickets available, and that there will be more available on Saturday. Otherwise, I will be more super-bummed than I am right now.

Ugh it's a little odd that none of us were able to get tickets. I know a few people who actually got them and all I'm wondering is HOW?! Adventures in wonderland is such a sketchy company to begin with. I had problems with the presale with them as well in May. I was so lucky to get tickets but I heard a lot of people had the same issues we just had. Hopefully we all get tickets on Saturday. Ticketfly is a bit more reliable so I'm hoping that sale runs more smoothly!

Best of luck!

I bought tix for Chicago from AIW for Lana, that sold out immediately also but I think it opened up a few minutes before scheduled.

But LA is one of Lana's biggest US following so it'll be tough...hope you all get some tickets!!!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Wow I wish I could be there... but because of her recent cancellations, I'm not so sure anymore...

A huge LB GT, that would be so much fun!!

I'm not sure why some people have a hard time getting tix... when she came to Montreal, I was in Sydney at that time, had to wake up at 3am. I was plugged on my laptop, my ipad and my iphone with two different connection and I would refresh the page like crazy and asked my friend to do the same to book me a good seat if he found one. While I was refreshing and getting average seats, on his side it was sold out.

I asked my parents since I'm still only 17 and can't drive my way there. My family is devout Roman Catholic like Lana, but they immediately said no when I said cemetery...I tried to reason with them that Hollywood Forever gave Lana permission, and that it wouldn't be over anyone's graves, and that they show movies there, & they still didn't accept those facts. Reasonably they find it disrespectful, but I am bummed beyond belief. And I'm in San Diego too by the way. Doubt that Lana would come down to San Diego

Hold on... your parents refuse you to go to see your idol because the venue is called "cemetery"? I can't believe it... I would run away for sure lol! (I ran away from home at 17 actually). I've been raised Catholic (baptism, first communion, confirmation) but not in a strict way.

I had the same idea as bnewall1, but I doubt your parents will let you go with a total stranger, even if he's mature, married and he's holding a violin on his avatar :/

Life's a bitch...

I had the same idea as bnewall1, but I doubt your parents will let you go with a total stranger, even if he's mature, married and he's holding a violin on his avatar :/

Life's a bitch...

It is indeed a bummer. BTW, that's actually a viola I'm holding, not a violin, though I play both. That picture came from a photo shoot that one of the quartets I play with did earlier this year.

It is indeed a bummer. BTW, that's actually a viola I'm holding, not a violin, though I play both. That picture came from a photo shoot that one of the quartets I play with did earlier this year.

Oh I didn't notice the difference. Actually, I've never heard of that instrument before.

The viola (/viˈoʊlə/) is a bowed string instrument. It is slightly larger than a violin in size and has a deeper sound. Since the 18th century it has been the middle voice of the violin family, between the violin (which is tuned a perfect fifth above it) and the cello (which is tuned an octave below it).

I'll go to bed smarter tonight.

The viola (/viˈoʊlə/) is a bowed string instrument. It is slightly larger than a violin in size and has a deeper sound. Since the 18th century it has been the middle voice of the violin family, between the violin (which is tuned a perfect fifth above it) and the cello (which is tuned an octave below it).

I'll go to bed smarter tonight.

:giggle: