dirkdabo

Lana to perform at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles Oct 17 and 18

I want to try to get there early too, but I'm not sure my wife will be on board with the idea of getting there really really early. If any of you are going on Friday and are getting there early, would you be willing to save us a place in line? We can make "LB" signs or exchange phone numbers or something. Thanks! :)

Her PR firm specifically said she announced two LA dates for Ultraviolence. So that makes me think she will perform the album.

She just performed Cruel World and Old Money in Mexico.

Is anyone here going to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery show on Friday, October 17? My wife and I are going, but I'm having a hard time getting her on-board with the idea of getting there early to secure a spot. Would anyone who's going and is planning to get there be willing to let us in line with them when we arrive? Or if we get there first, we'll do the same for you. We can exchange phone numbers so we can call or text. Thanks!! :)

Bnewall1 - love your passion for Lana but saving a spot in line is not great concert etiquette. Depending on whether or not they let people in earlier, some people will have been there since the night before or early morning. Its not fair to make room for someone in front of the line for someone who is not "on-board." I have seen Lana 5 times and was front row for each one. That took travel time, packing nourishment, and above all else, getting there at 7am to secure my spot. There is a level of dedication that goes into securing that spot and if I am in that line, you can bet I will not allow making room for someone who is not "on-board."I've addressed it before and it was handled. Not trying to be a jerk - just want to be fair.

Bnewall1 - love your passion for Lana but saving a spot in line is not great concert etiquette. Depending on whether or not they let people in earlier, some people will have been there since the night before or early morning. Its not fair to make room for someone in front of the line for someone who is not "on-board." I have seen Lana 5 times and was front row for each one. That took travel time, packing nourishment, and above all else, getting there at 7am to secure my spot. There is a level of dedication that goes into securing that spot and if I am in that line, you can bet I will not allow making room for someone who is not "on-board."I've addressed it before and it was handled. Not trying to be a jerk - just want to be fair.

I would tell security tbh... I would be so pissed.

Edit: After I calmly, but firmly explained the situation to the person

I guess we'll just see what happens.  I'd be perfectly happy getting there 8+ hours early, but can't get the wife on board with that idea, so we'll shoot for like 3 hours early and try our luck.  If it were here in San Diego where we live, then I'd just go ahead of time and let her catch up.  But since we have to drive 3 hours to LA first, I can't get her enthused about it.  :icant: :pft: :sadcore3: :suicide: :pray2: :crying2:

Well, even if the venue enforces the rule, there's nothing to prevent people from lining up across the street, or something, and then making a mad dash for the gate at 5 PM. I guess we'll see what happens when we get there.

Drove by an hour ago, no line at all

I got an e-mail reminder from TicketFly a little while ago.  The venue is apparently being pretty strict about the line.  They're saying if anyone lines up or tries to get in before 5 PM, they'll be denied access to the show.

The e-mail also said that while lining up is permitted beginning at 5, and the gates open at 6, LDR won't actually be coming out on stage until about 8.  I was anticipating a 6 PM concert, but it'll actually be 8, which makes me feel better.  We'll have a better chance of getting into the standing-room-only pit area. :)

So who all is going today?  Maybe we can meet up before or after the show.  Perhaps we can exchange #s or something?

Praying for Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, PWYC, Black Beauty performances.

Brooklyn Baby and SOC should happen...oh what even, all of the album should happen. (and yes, I'm including Florida Kilos and Flipside in that :uh: )

tumblr_inline_myjqk0nbxd1qdkqgb.gif